Page 203 of 635 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 6347

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 203

Kerry Ann is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Brooklyn Ny

Age (If you want): 30 (will be 31 in less then a month, can I just say 30 again? lol)

How Primal are you: So far pretty much 100%, no grains, no artifical sweetners, no legumes, no dairy (have been eating this way since may 1st with no cheats) I just can't always afford grass fed, organic, free range, wild caught..

Do you consume dairy: nope not yet..

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love coffee, coffee loves me. I drink tea once in a while but I always read the box whats in the tea first..

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been eating low carb for about 4yrs, after having my youngest child (whos almost 8 months) and going back to low carb (went very off plan during pregnancy that im very embarassed I gained 70lbs+) just eating low carb wasn't cutting it anymore. Making to many excuses, taking to many tastes, eating way to much fake frankenfood garbage and not losing the pregnancy weight. I tried primal and lost about 10lbs in the first 35 days.

Favorite exercise: I love to walk, callanetics and weight lifting (but I need to get my motivation back lol)

Favorite Primal food: Steak and eggs

Best part about being Primal: I feel great, makes eating home so easy.

Worst part about being Primal: can be expensive...

DigitalSurgeon is offline Senior Member
    My name is Jack Kruse and I am a neurosurgeon who has been eating a strict paleolithic diet for five years. I came to paleo by opening biochemistry and physiology books and reading the data over the last 50 years to find out why my patients disease patterns were changing. I also fond out why my own were to and I adjust it. Now I plan to share what I know with the masses.

You can read my story at - Jack Kruse

exvegan is offline Junior Member
    Hi Primal peeps,

I'm new on this forum and to the primal lifestyle. As you can tell from my name I'm an ex-vegan and I'm using this change in lifestyle to undergo a kind of experiment! I'll dedicate a post to that later for now let me introduce myself.

How primal are you?: 100% as of tomorrow

Do you consume dairy: No, lactose intolerant

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea addict and the occasional coffee as a treat

Motivator for switching to Primal: Needing to gain a bit of weight and I think the idea behind eating this way makes a whole lot of scence

Favorite exercise: running (recently sprints!) and swimming

Favorite Primal food: coconut- favorite.food.period

Best part about being Primal: Not thinking about food constantly

Worst part about being Primal: The fat! its so messy and hard to clean..

Drama is offline Member
    I got on the forum a while back but didn't get very involved. I figure I'll start fresh here!

The Questions:

Your location: St. Louis

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: Not hardcore by any means -- I eat mostly primal but cheat too frequently

Do you consume dairy: I use a small amount of cheese on my salads and omelets

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly tea, occasionally coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and fitness

Favorite exercise: Pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I get to eat a lot without counting calories!

Worst part about being Primal: I love pizza

HippoMe is offline Junior Member
    Your location: South Africa

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: Newbie, but so far after only 6 weeks am totally off ALL wheat, grain, rice, etc.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, butter, cheese, homemade kefir, tiny bit of milk in coffee and tea

Do you drink coffee or tea: per day - 2 cups coffee, 2 cups black tea, 4 cups rooibos tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Felt lousy after eating wheat, colon issues (IBS, polyps)

Favorite exercise (s): Health-walker walking, Callanetics, Stretching

Favorite Primal food: Eggs and butter

Best part about being Primal: Bouncing off the wall energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Walking past a bakery, mouth waters - physiological reaction, but more importantly, psychologically I could care less.

BR1986FB is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Sebring, Ohio

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: It will be 5 months next Saturday.

Do you consume dairy: Only heavy whipping cream in coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and green tea during IF's

Motivator for switching to Primal: My body didn't "do" carbs well. By "do" I mean, couldn't shed bodyfat and made me sluggish. Didn't have bad reactions or anything my body just "kept" them versus processing them.

Favorite exercise: StrongLifts5x5....I'm a long time meathead/gym rat who has been either powerlifting or bodybuilding for almost 30 years.

Favorite Primal food: Grassfed beef

Best part about being Primal: I have sleep apnea and even with the CPAP I still had the zombie-like stages. Since going Primal and dropping my carbs down to <50g's daily my energy level is through the roof.

Worst part about being Primal: Probably the first week but other than that, it's all good.

moonsky is offline Junior Member
    I was sleeved on March 15th, I have a 7 yr old and a 2 yr old... My doc gave me the choice to stay or come home, like yourself I thought for a spilt sec hmmmmm should I stay? My kids missed me and knew mummy had an operation on her tummy. Was nice to be home but really get all the rest that you can before having to deal with normal stress! Your gonna do great! Keep us posted

RachelW is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Colorado

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Kinda primal, I am just fine eating grains or sweets every once in a while, and I am not very careful about organic or grass fed but I am working on it. I just started 2 weeks ago.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I love full fat dairy like greek yogurt, and cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to eat healthier and stop binging on refined carbs, vegan and traditional diets don't work for me, I don't lose weight and they leave me feeling hungry all the time

Favorite exercise: I am really startine to enjoy weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: I love spinach with butter

Best part about being Primal:The flexibility

Worst part about being Primal: No more noodles or brownies but I can live with that

Apeman is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: England

Age (If you want):55

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: very little

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: sick of being over weight

Favorite exercise: Sprinting

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: Feeling good

Worst part about being Primal: People think your mad because you eat meat, lard and eggs and will not eat healthy bread, rice and pasta. They are the mad ones.

simca is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everyone,

Name: Simon

Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: In numbers I would say 80%, still working on the sleep and play parts

Do you consume dairy: Yes! Heavy cream, some cheese and of course butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Finding a style of eating that energize me and feels natural

Favorite exercise: Barefoot running (slow) and pull-ups

Favorite Primal food: A big bloody, juicy steak with a nice sallad

Best part about being Primal: Stable energy, lean body and I'm almost never sick

Worst part about being Primal: I miss some sweets, like apple pie and cup cakes, but with the 80 / 20 rule I occasionally take a bite with good conscience. But the worst part is that I haven't yet found a good way to spread the word and inspire people around me (that really needs it) to make the shift to a primal life style.