Page 201 of 626 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 6251

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 201

pmiker is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    The Questions:

Your location: Quinlan, TX

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Just starting, I'm not sure if it will work with my dietary allergies.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup coffee in the morning, tea in the evening, water in the day.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am healthy, I want to stay that way.

Favorite exercise: Bicycling

shannandon is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: My household has only been primal for a week.

Do you consume dairy: yes, but switching once the milk is gone

Do you drink coffee or tea: We drink both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To live a healthier lifestyle, lose weight, have more endurance and energy naturally.

Favorite exercise: Crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Avocados

Best part about being Primal: It's really easy to follow and it doesn't feel like you are missing anything.

Worst part about being Primal: We haven't found anything yet.

SoSayWeAll is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Michigan

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: I am just starting out. I am planning on eliminating grains and sugar first but continuing dairy for now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I am at my highest weight ever and I feel so unhappy with how I feel and look. Also, I read the Primal Blueprint and am currently reading Good Calories Bad Calories. I am convinced that this is the lifestyle I should be living.

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: I will have to let you know

Worst part about being Primal: See above answer

GasPanic is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Germany

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: My own food pyramid is probably 90-95% close to the one in the Primal Blueprint. However going out for a pint or two at the weekends or BBQ'ing in the summer probably pushes it down to 80.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but I don't drink half a litre of milk every day like I used to

Do you drink coffee or tea: Hate coffee. Love tea (although not so much in the summer)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Let myself go a bit in the last couple of years and still have my whole life in front of me which I want to live healthily

Favorite exercise: Running

Favorite Primal food: Salmon, Primal Pizza: YouTube - ‪Perfect Primal Gluten Free Pizza Crust‬‏

Best part about being Primal: Noticing how your body shape gets better each day

Worst part about being Primal: I'm not a fast food guy but occasionally I love a burger or döner kebap

lshock is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Iowa

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: shooting for 100% but more likely 80%

Do you consume dairy: butter, cheese, cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: one cup of joe per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, health, arthritis relief

Favorite exercise: swimming - all I can do right now because of a bum knee

Favorite Primal food: eggs and steak

Best part about being Primal: feeling so much better, watching pounds come off after only a week and a half

Worst part about being Primal: grocery shopping so frequently to get fresh veggies and fruits

mgardne is offline Member
    Your location: Indianapolis, IN

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Just started 2 days ago, but have cut all grains and almost all dairy thus far.

Do you consume dairy: A little for breakfast so far.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both once or twice a week at most.

Motivator for switching to Primal: To live a healthier lifestyle and to lose some weight

Favorite exercise: Lunges/Sledge Hammer workout/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: The health benefits that it will have for me.

Worst part about being Primal: Right now I am starting to get that "carb flu", other than that I feel good.

Artemis-MA is offline Member
    Your location: Western Massachusetts/western Connecticut

Age (If you want): 57

How Primal are you: Partial. Much much less grains. And I reserve grains for real bread, not the supermarket stuff, or pasta.
    About the same amount of legumes, which was never very high (other than hummus, my main legumes are in the context of genuine Indochinese/Japanese recipes rather than soy manipulations into ersatz foodoid substances). However I need to find a sub for worchestershire sauce (contains wheat/soy).

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but less than I used to. Milk in coffee, goat cheese, and occasionally other cheeses. Probably about 1/5th of my original consumption about 6 months ago.

Do you drink coffee or tea: You can't pry that coffee cup away from me just yet! I will also drink teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It just seems healthier, and it encourages (along with the WAP people) whole foods. So, I'm somewhere between the two nutrition plans, overall. I suspect I'll get more primal as time goes on as this seems to be working.

Favorite exercise: Hiking, swimming.

Favorite Primal food: pasture-finished meats cooked at home with a variety of herbs and spices (I am favoring Indian flavors these days). Sashimi. Mushrooms. Scoring all manners of fresh veggies at farmer's markets, and trying healthy prep methods.

Best part about being Primal: I feel satiated, I lose weight. I don't miss dessert.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to find things to eat at Italian restaurants.

jbman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Manchester, CT

Age (If you want): 48

How Primal are you: 95

Do you consume dairy: not right now (looking to maximize weight loss), but I will be after I get closer to my target weight

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have need to lose some weight and get in better shape for a while and it finally clicked that it was time to get started.

Favorite exercise: Squat & deadlift, walking

Favorite Primal food: Steak, chili

Best part about being Primal: not being hungry while i lose weight and feel stronger

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to get everyone eating Primal. My daughter keeps asing how long till we are off the diet.

Magolin is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Indiana

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    At this point, not very. A friend of mine started this a few months ago and has lost 60lbs without a whole lot of effort. I don't have a lot to lose, but I definitely would like the fitter, stronger, more energy aspect. I groom dogs for a living and by the end of the day I'm so exhausted its a chore to ride my horse - something that's supposed to be a fun activity!

Do you consume dairy:
    I love dairy...this will be hard to give up

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I don't particularly like either

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Fitter, more toned, more energy, etc.

Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:
    Steak is my absolute favorite food

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:
    My husband thinks its nuts.

MadelynMc is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: about 85%

Do you consume dairy: A little

Do you drink coffee or tea: A cup of coffee every morning

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lots of random health problems since I was 16. I've always been in a "healthy" weight range for my height, but I started developing arthritis in high school, had to have back surgery at 19, bladder tumor at 22.....it was time for a change!

Favorite exercise: Walking the dog and the kid

Favorite Primal food: uncured bacon

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight, more steady level of energy, it's easy and instinctual! Still hoping to resolve some of my arthritis, then that will be the best part.

Worst part about being Primal: I miss tortilla chips with my salsa. And also the fear of looking like a fussy eater to others.