Page 176 of 638 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 176

mkuttler is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Phoenix, AZ

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I just started following the The Primal Blueprint about 2 weeks ago. Getting more primal every day!

Do you consume dairy:
    very little

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    nope

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I want to be the best possible me I can be.

Favorite exercise:
    Does playing with my son at the park count?

Favorite Primal food:
    Guilt free steak!

Best part about being Primal:
    My mood. Since going Primal, I've felt awesome and in the best mood of my life. Big part being the healthy lifestyle changes, and part cause i know i'm doing whats best for my body.

Worst part about being Primal:
    I don't really know yet, i feel so good. The only think that is frustrating seeing people i care about following conventional wisdom and suffering. I wish they'd listen to me and read "The Primal Blueprint"

mavi.pmv is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone

Your location:Montreal,Canada

How Primal are you: about 80%
    Do you consume dairy: sometimes....kefir, butter, cream
    Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely coffee and 1 cup of yerba mate everyday
    Motivator for switching to Primal: I wanted to become stronger and healthier
    Favorite exercise: plank and push ups ,now that I can actually do them
    Favorite Primal food: bacon, blueberries
    Best part about being Primal:it`s simple and no more PMS torture
    Worst part about being Primal: "Why dont you eat bread, are you sick?"...this kind of stuff

koden is offline Junior Member
    Hello

Your location: Alexandria, VA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Been researching for a month or two, I'd say about 50%. Hard to commit fully when you are not in control of the grocery list...

Do you consume dairy: yes (cottage cheese is my killer)

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope, strictly water.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been half primal I would say since 14. I found it by looking up grass fed beef and then learned of all the health benefits. Since I was half way there I decided why not make the effort and go at least 80/20. Still working on that but I am definitely climbing up.

Favorite exercise: swimming and a lot of the play stuff (hacky sack, ultimate frisbee)

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: It isn't much different than what I was doing before and I always felt great about my decisions then. I can't wait to be more committed and never get sick and feel even better.

Worst part about being Primal: No potatoes. Also the know it alls.

Squawlady is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Seattle area

Age (If you want): 46

How Primal are you: 80% - working towards about 98%

Do you consume dairy: only cheese and things like yogurt (lactose intolerant)

Do you drink coffee or tea: a little of both. very little

Motivator for switching to Primal: tired of being puffy, lethargic, foggy, and fat. Tired of bad skin, food allergies and all that goes with it. Also wanted something simple, that wasn't a diet, but more like a lifestyle. Started heading in this direction and have been on and off similar concepts. But this is EVERYTHING I've been looking for.

Favorite exercise: dancing

Favorite Primal food: red meat

Best part about being Primal: It's simple.

Worst part about being Primal: The shoes ;-)

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Denmark

Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: Just starting going hardcore, but so far, been semi-primal for about a year, a little on-off

Do you consume dairy: In moderation, yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both (or, I make hot cocoa w/coffee, sweetened with stevia)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, body composition, the NATURAL aspect. Also, I want to get a hang of all the eating disorders I have been/am battling with!

Favorite exercise: Tough one... I like bench presses for some reason. Muscle-ups too!!!

Favorite Primal food: Uhm... tahin? Eggs!!! (Especially raw yolks - Y-U-M!)

Best part about being Primal: Dang healthy, natural, tasty...

Worst part about being Primal: All the comments from people having issues with the way you eat! No sweet corn

Bookwyrmb is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Central Florida, USA

Age (If you want): 67

How Primal are you: Arriving

Do you consume dairy: Organic whole milk yogurt, raw cheddar cheese occassionally, butter, and live culture cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Decaf Green Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Found out that all my carb cravings that have done in all my other food plans were easily overcome on a full natural fat allowance. I had been trying to go low fat for decades. Another program (The Diet Solution Program) introduced me to the research behind going full natural fats and I immediately saw the difference in the way I felt. My sister and her nephew found out what I was doing and let me know about the Primal Blueprint and how it dovetailed nicely with what I had adopted.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Walnuts and green apples (plus, beef, of course)

Best part about being Primal: Feeling healthy, losing weight, and not craving sweets.

Worst part about being Primal: I haven't found it yet.

the-wren is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New York City, NY

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Rather than going cold turkey, I'm transitioning into primal. Also, current circumstances hinder me from going completely primal. I suppose I'm weaning myself off of all the bad things. So far I've noticed a huge difference already, and I've only been primal for three weeks.

Do you consume dairy: I'm weaning myself off of most dairy. Besides that, I'm lactose intolerant.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to live a long and healthy life!

Favorite exercise: I love to play. I like to play tag, climb trees, go swimming, etc.

Favorite Primal food: Coconut. I adore coconut in every form.

Best part about being Primal: I lose weight and keep fit more easily, feel energetic and healthy and don't get sick as often.

Worst part about being Primal: People who constantly tell me how to eat and that I'm strange for wanting to eat in a way that is different from their way of eating. Also, I love junk food and chocolate...and cheese...and potatoes...

countrygirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Southwestern Ontario, Canada

How Primal are you:

Right now I'm aiming for the 80/20 rule

Do you consume dairy:

Not anymore. I am lactose intolerate but use to drink lactose free milk and other lactose free diary products. However, my youngest child is allergic to milk so I gave up all forms of dairy including bread since most bread is made with milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

I do drink coffee (with 18% cream and sugar) but only when we eat out. I gave up black tea many years ago because I couldn't drink it in moderation with sugar and milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

My sister. She is 100% primal and her health issues disappeared. Like her, I suffer from Irritiable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) which disappears when I'm Primal (I fell off the wagon and suffered accordingly).

Favorite exercise:

Lifting weights and walking. However with three children it's difficult to find the time. When I start exercising again, I'll start with Mark's Fitness Plan.

Favorite Primal food:

Beef. I am looking into a local farmer who will supply grass-fed and finished beef.

Best part about being Primal:

No more IBS or mood swings (due to my sugar addition). As well, losing weight without exercising!

Worst part about being Primal:

Giving up potatoes which I haven't done so far.

lapispimpernel is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Indiana

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Well, when I lived by myself, 100%. But now I'm back at home and finding it hard to integrate Primal-ity with my mom's (delicious but carb heavy) cooking.

Do you consume dairy: Did someone say cheese? I tried but found it harder to give up dairy than bread.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea, real and herbal. I don't take it with anything, though.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm about 20 lbs overweight.

Favorite exercise: Swimming or hiking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak omelette.

Best part about being Primal: I don't know yet, but I like what I've done so far!

Worst part about being Primal: Baking is/was a major hobby of mine. I do love me some cookies.

Spubba is offline Senior Member

3 Weeks In, 10 Pounds Down

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm trying out the Primal diet. I know a lot of folks here exercise but I'm overweight enough that this is a hindrance to me. (If I squat, folks, I have to "climb" back up!) So if anyone has any tips for someone who is in dreadful physical shape, speak up! For now I am starting on walking. One of the FIRST things I noticed, even before I started taking walks, was that it feels "easier" for me to move around, like something in my body is not hindering me anymore. Going up a hill or a staircase doesn't scare me now, my heart doesn't feel like it's about to thump out of my chest!

I'm 10 pounds down today from where I was when I started. I know this may not sound like much, and no one has noticed. My clothes fit exactly the same as before. No dramatic changes. I see that some folks here on the forum are losing incredible amounts of weight very rapidly. This isn't happening to me.

I eased into the lifestyle as opposed to "cold turkey" and that was the only way I could have managed it, really. Right now I would say I'm 80 or 90 percent there. Unfortunately I can't always afford grassfed and organic everything, so I do what I can. I did invest in the finest coconut oil and ghee to cook with, however.

The hardest thing for me is getting enough sleep. I don't think 6 hours a night is enough so I need to work on that. I believe that would help boost my weight loss. I do believe I have a damaged metabolism from years of low-fat dieting (which left me fatter than ever).

Your location: Midwest

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: I guess 80-90 percent? I eat NO grains and I don't drink milk, but I do eat some cheese and cream. Natural fats (butter, olive oil and coconut oil) ONLY. Organic as I can afford it.

Do you consume dairy: Some cheese and cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee (with cream!)

Motivator for switching to Primal: High blood pressure, high cholesterol, high BMI, heartburn, joint pain, migraines, prediabetes, basic overall horrifying physical condition, the usual.

Favorite exercise: I can't do much, so I go for a walk (waddle?). If I squat, for example, I won't be able to get back up, I'll fall over. I'm sort of stalled on the exercise front because I either can't do the "natural" exercises or have no equipment to work out on.

Favorite Primal food: Ribs. GIVE IT PIG is one of my favorite sayings. Dry ribs, please, with plenty of hot sauce for dippin'.

Best part about being Primal: I do feel better overall. Oh, and my hair is amazing. AMAZING. It's so soft and shiny and behaves itself. At work, I suddenly started getting a lot of compliments on it. I keep running my fingers through it because it's never felt like this before. My migraines, which I've suffered from throughout my adult life, are GONE. Anyone who has suffered through migraines will appreciate this. And my heartburn, which has cost me thousands of dollars in prescriptions and medical scans and treatments, is gone after only 3 weeks.

Worst part about being Primal: No one understands how I eat, hearing that I'll die of a heart attack or "that's why you're so fat" if I eat those ribs, etc. etc. etc., not being able to go out and eat anywhere.

I must admit I'm feeling frustrated at the slow weight loss, but I also tell myself, weight loss is weight loss, even if I'm not keeping up with everyone else. What, would I rather GAIN? Not at my weight! I am hoping that my "numbers" (blood pressure, heart rate, etc.) will improve as I continue.