Page 161 of 638 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 6375

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 161

PrimalDad is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Hampshire

Age (If you want): 46...47 in July Hoping to lose 47lbs. by age 47

How Primal are you: 95% as of 2/9/2011.

Do you consume dairy: Cream in my coffee only. Used to be cream and sugar.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both tea is black with lemon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Given and read Primal Blueprint and everything made perfect sense! Tired of riding the weight loss/gain roller coaster. Battling cholesterol numbers. Graet to go natural!

Favorite exercise: Any type of pickup game. Flag football..pickup basketball and simply going for a long walk.

Favorite Primal food: Sauteed vegetables with bits of steak or chicken.

Best part about being Primal: It's been 15 days and I am down from 219 to 208 which is great but I feel better all over. My skin, overall appearance and energy levels are all much better. I'm a former high school and college athlete who is feeling like this "old guy" can get back in the game and enjoy working out with my teenage kids!

Worst part about being Primal: Shopping for and expense of some of the organic food but it's a small price to pay for the reward!

sprussell is offline Junior Member
    My wife and I decided to do the 30-day Paleo challenge; I decided this without realizing that I had 3 of those 4 weeks on the road for work.

With some help and support from her, and some friends who have done it before, I'm hoping to go from 16.7% BF @176lbs, to 10% BF at whatever weight I'm at. I started on Feb 13th, and have had very few cheat days, have stuck to the rules, and feel pretty good. MTF.

Your location: Morocco

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Pretty primal right now (just starting out).

Do you consume dairy: Trying not to; successful for about a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, cutting coffee to one cup/day, sometimes two.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A combination of wanting to be better at functional fitness (the nutrition to supplementing CrossFit), fighting family genetics, and LGN...I have a good looking wife who I want to keep attracted to me!

Favorite exercise: CrossFit.

Favorite Primal food:Lean meat.

Best part about being Primal: It is working so far, without too much deprivation.

Worst part about being Primal: Little beer/scotch/wine, cheese, and pastries (there are lots of pastries in Morocco...thanks France!).

teachingscribe is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Detroit, MI

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Greek yogurt & raw cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green tea once a day

Motivator for switching to Primal: I needed to kick start my fitness & nutrition plan. I thought about going back to being a vegetarian, but the thought of eating fake meat products just didn't appeal to me anymore. My co-worker mentioned the Primal lifestyle to me. After doing a lot of reading, it made sense.

Favorite exercise: squats & jumping lunges

Favorite Primal food: bacon & salmon

Best part about being Primal: Getting to eat good food. No more cravings for potato chips (I use to scarf down a bag a day) or cake (I use to love cake)

Worst part about being Primal: nothing yet

HeyChelle is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Midwest, USA

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Newbie

Do you consume dairy: Yes, raw when available, otherwise at least organic

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Energy, weight loss, and cure insulin resistance

Favorite exercise: circuit training / dynamic excercises

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: Not sure yet!

Worst part about being Primal: nothing so far... unless I have to give up my morning coffee.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Mostly? Somewhat? I don’t stress out at all when I fall short of the “ideal primal diet.” I refuse to let my way of eating interfere with my way of life.

Do you consume dairy: Very infrequently. (Ok, I’m a liar. I love butter. But otherwise I eat very little dairy)

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea like a fiend.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I stumbled upon MDA while looking into reducing IBS symptoms. I stayed after reading about the zillion other benefits people following this way of eating have experienced.

Favorite exercise: Dancing.

Favorite Primal food: A 16oz Prime Rib, Medium Rare

Best part about being Primal: It is delicious.

Worst part about being Primal: Occasional awkward social situations.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK (though I'm Florida born)

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: I'd say 50/50 right now for a variety of reasons.. aim to be as close to 100% as possible.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I already believed in/ followed many Primal practices before I knew they were Primal, so when I came across MDA it just made sense to go 100%.

Favorite exercise: Dancing and mountain climbing

Favorite Primal food: I have to pick just one?! Medium rare fillet steak.

Best part about being Primal: I feel amazing. and a little sexy.

Worst part about being Primal: cost of food can get crazy-high, dealing with CW ignorance.

JLB
    JLB is offline Member
    Your location: Phoenix, Arizona

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: Fell off the bandwagon in London and Paris the last few weeks. I started back yesterday with a 36 hour fast and feel better already. Looking forward to getting a decent workout in after my foot heals!

Do you consume dairy: very little, normally in the form of chocolate from Endangered Species.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and tea, I use almond milk for everything.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried every fad diet and almost every workout. Past the point of being anorexic, bulimic or using some sort of substance to be thin, I just want to be healthy and happy... Seeking that balance. I found that this works for me but got consumed by pastries on my vacation! Back to primal I go!

Favorite exercise: Quickly becoming long trail walking/light hiking. I love the gym too!

Favorite Primal food: salmon

Best part about being Primal: more energy, and just "happy"

Worst part about being Primal: no eclairs

JonnyH is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, missed this thread, so here goes:

Your location: Hampshire, UK

Age (If you want):44

How Primal are you: 80/20 Maybe

Do you consume dairy: a little, double cream, little cheese, little milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea:coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal:Constant colds, sore throats etc. stumbled on the website, bought the book, and so on and so on!

Favorite exercise:long hikes in the hills

Favorite Primal food:salmon, bacon and eggs

Best part about being Primal: feeling good.

Worst part about being Primal: convenience sometimes, always have to plan ahead I find.

vinilo is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    mexico
    Age (If you want): 20

How Primal are you: well i used to eat all kinds of carb's like mexican ppl do but now iam trying to start on my primal

Do you consume dairy: cheese, soda, bread, tortillas, potatoe ships, etc..

Do you drink coffee or tea: cofee

Motivator for switching to Primal: first of all my overweight, i want to make musscle loss weight and get energy to make some sports and train in gym

Favorite exercise: muay thai

Favorite Primal food: all

Best part about being Primal: all

Worst part about being Primal: nothing

Bunnyfoot is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Minnesnowda

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I don't wear saber-tooth skins and wander with a spear, but I have kicked all grains/processed sugars (or anything processed)/dairy and am working on a fitness routine.

Do you consume dairy: Nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: the garbage gut I have been suffering with for years

Favorite exercise: moderately paced walks.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Duh.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't found it yet, still craving sugar by the bowl full.

Worst part about being Primal: wanting to dig peanut M&Ms out of the garbage, and my fiance continuing to eat what ever the heck he wants.