Page 158 of 635 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 158

Bea Binag is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Seattle, Washington aka Microsoft/rainy days mecca.

Age (If you want): Eighteen years young.

How Primal are you: Varies by season (and by season meaning, not at all during the holidays. God, I love my pumpkin bread and cookies during the holidays). Every other time, I am fairly primal. I'd say 90-95% of the time.

Do you consume dairy: Nah. Never liked it even when I ate unhealthy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly an herbal tea drinker. Caffeine gives me too much of the bad jitters.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Made perfect sense from the beginning until the end in a scientifical and philosophical stand point

Favorite exercise: Rock climbing, sprints, lifting heavy things, yoga

Favorite Primal food: Filet Mignon

Best part about being Primal: Bacon (I know.. cliche.. but true)

Worst part about being Primal: Holiday season, as stated above.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change - Charles Darwin

littlebird is offline Junior Member
    Your location: New Mexico

Age (If you want): Middle

How Primal are you: Newly

Do you consume dairy: I do, and my consumption of butter, cheese and milk has gone up since beginning primal eating.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do. Lots of both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss, health improvement.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: Fats

Worst part about being Primal: Greasy stove.

FoxAlive is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Gurnee, IL

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: For the past two weeks I am all primal and this is motivating. Now I am sticking to it very seriously.

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Well my personal experience. I didnt get results by putting in my best efforts. I researched and found out the reason for it. Primal is the way to go.

Favorite exercise: I follow P90x. It is a mix of workouts. Still I love doing various kinds of push ups. Cant get enough of them.

Favorite Primal food: Eggs! It is interesting that we can do so much different stuff with them.

Best part about being Primal: helps optimizing the results.

Worst part about being Primal: None. I mean I wasnt primal because I wasnt aware. So since I now know the value, I am all about it.

UkBfG is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southampton (England)

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: Will answer this once i know what it all means fully

Do you consume dairy: Yes for now

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Need to loose weight and want to get muscle definition

Favorite exercise: Mountian biking and cross trainer in the gym

Favorite Primal food: Will answer this once i fully understand it all

Best part about being Primal: Will answer this once i fully understand it all

Worst part about being Primal: Will answer this once i fully understand it all

Britters is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Almost 7 months in

Do you consume dairy: Yes, all of it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: to become healthy, lose weight and set a good example for my children

Favorite exercise: walking, dancing

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: I have lost 50 lbs and haven't felt this great in years.

Worst part about being Primal: Going on vacation

ShaneC is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hampton Roads, VA, US

How primal are you: I'm new. Maybe 3 weeks in. I'm mostly trying to stay lower carb, anti-processed foods, but I still shop at a normal grocery store, so I'm not sure where my foods necessarily come from, but I'm pretty sure the meat is grain fed and the fruits/veggies are treated in some way or another

Do you consume dairy: Fairly little.

Do you drink tea or coffee: Absolutely!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Read about it on LewRockwell.com. Thought it was 'kinda interesting', then my wife's doctor mentioned her health and that her diet was putting her into a high-risk pregnancy. She needs to eat 'more like a caveman'. Makes sense to me.

Favorite exercise: Jumping to Conclusions, dodging proverbial bullets, and stress. And on a good day I actually get to do some physical work at work.

Favourite primal food: I'm finding new ways to use foods I normally wouldn't have bought.

Best part about being primal: Feeling more energetic overall and being able to regain some notches on the belt.

Worst part about being Primal: Cooking. Or rather, cleaning up after my cooking. It's not pretty. =D

bth9673 is offline Junior Member
    I haven't done this yet bc I don't post much but figured what the heck.

Your location: North Carolina

How Primal are you: It's a work in progress. I completely cut out grains about 4 months ago when I first started and haven't looked back. Bought a sample pack from a local farmer today because I got tired of overpaying for grass-fed beef at the store so that's gotta count for something. Been eating organic vegetables for a few years now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but minimal amounts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, black coffee every day (have to be at work at 7 and would probably die without it) and green tea occasionally.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to get back to my high school weight (which I'm 15 lbs past now), now working on toning up.

Favorite exercise: Been messing around with simple fit lately which has been fun but I love going to the track at a college near my house and doing sprint work and tire flips.

Favorite Primal food: vegetables with a ton of pastured butter. Bacon (I mean lets be serious).

Best part about being Primal: Feeling more fulfilled in several different areas.

Worst part about being Primal: The startup and trying to figure out how to cut ties with bad habits.

Grokathon is offline Junior Member
    Hello......this is my official line in the sand.......ready set.....start NOW!! I have a long road ahead of me....but it will be worth it!!
    The before and after photos, great book, great website etc etc have drawn me to get started....I have taken my before pics....I hope to have such amazing results the after pictures will be worthy of posting

Your location: Bellevue WA

Age (If you want): 43 yr old female

How Primal are you: I will be eating meat, non starchy veggies and limited fruit

Do you consume dairy: I will limit at first

Do you drink coffee or tea: YES!!

Motivator for switching to Primal: I just was diagnosed with Celiac in Sept 2010....seems to fit my needs.
    I also have arthritis issues and have read low starch really helps

Favorite exercise: Well.....I played college basketball (um..ok so it was in 1985.....)

Favorite Primal food: I love a good steak

Best part about being Primal: I hope to feel better soon

Heres to progress
    cheers

Cheeselover is offline Junior Member
    Hi from Melbourne, Australia

Am giving the Primal thing another crack, after recently moving and readjusting to a new city. Have cut out pasta, rice and am slowly taking out other grains. Bread is hard to give up. I love nothing better than avocado on rye toast with freshly cracked salt and pepper. And crackers with cheese (hence my name Cheeselover). But am trying to improve my health, lose some unwanted kilos, and generally feel better. I have Crohn's disease and am hoping that the reduction in carbs, particularly bread, will help me out.

So here goes....

Location - Melbourne, Australia

Age - 35, female

How primal am I - no pasta, rice, cutting out grains/breads, trying to make friends with vegetables....getting there slowly.......

Do I consume dairy - cheese is my vice. Triple cream brie particularly. I have limited milk in my tea/coffee and I eat yoghurt

Do I drink tea or coffee - definitely. More of a tea drinker but since moving to the coffee capital of Oz am drinking more coffee - latte with one

Motivation for going primal - to try and alleviate my Crohn's symptoms mainly, but for general health and weight loss

Favourite exercise - I like doing the plank

Favourite primal food - I have just made the sweet and salty trail mix from the reader's cookbook - it is fantastic. Have recently discovered a love of walnuts and the combination with honey and salt is just divine! Oh an chicken with the skin on

Best part about being primal - knowing that I'm going to feel better soon......

So here's to me keeping it up and getting my insides into better working order.

jackie0 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi,

Your location:
    UK

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Just starting

Do you consume dairy: Cheese and yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: rarely. Tend to stick to herbal.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I'm sick of being overweight, tired and unfit

Favorite exercise: Like to work. Just starting on primal exercises.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb

Best part about being Primal: after jusy 10 days I already feel better. Don't get lightheaded without food and I have more energy.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to find snacks away from home