Page 153 of 600 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 6000

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 153

Dean Kriegel is offline Junior Member

Introduction

Shop Now
    Your location: Minneapolis, MN

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: All the way. I eat zero grains and little to no processed sugars. I eat a low amount of carbohydrates: around 50 grams per day. I eat the highest quality food I can find and afford.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, mostly in the form of cream and whole milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I researched what was the healthiest way to eat and concluded that this was it. I have for years doubted the wisdom of eating a diet high in carbohydrates.

Favorite exercise: Barbell squats. I enjoy freeweightsóbarbells, dumbbells and kettlebells.

Favorite Primal food: Steak.

Best part about being Primal: My fitness. I'm slender and strong.

Worst part about being Primal: The food is expensive.

dragongirl381 is offline Junior Member
    Mariposa, CA. Right outside Yosemite National Park. Best hiking in the world!
    Name: Erin

Your location: Sierra Nevadas, CA - Right outsided Yosemite National Park

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I'm a newbie, but I dove in headfirst. Quit cold turkey all of my former favorite foods. I strive to be fully Primal, and I haven't slipped up yet.

Do you consume dairy: Occasional cheese and plain yogurt, but no milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea - can't live without it. Also, trying my hand at home-brewing kombucha.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My cousin recommended it. Wanted to give it a try, so I looked around here and found plenty of great information and motivational tips.

Favorite exercise: Kettlebell. One of my new fitness loves.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: The challenge presented to explore foods without processed junk or starchy carbs; finding new ways to eat veggies. Who knew I liked kale?

Worst part about being Primal: Pasta was one of my favorite things. I switched to whole grain pasta in an attempt to be more conscientious about my diet/lifestyle. Now I've given it up completely.

kill.switch is offline Junior Member
    Hey all. I'm totally new here. I heard about Mark Sisson, this site, and Primal Blueprint from cutthefatpodcast.com and I am so excited to finally find something that actually lines up with my understanding/beliefs, makes sense, is easy and sustainable, and promotes health, not just fat loss!
    Here's a bit about me:

Your location: Forest Grove, OR (near Portland)

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'd say 65%, working on 100%

Do you consume dairy: A little, but have been easing it out of my meals over a few months...I do love my Gorgonzolla cheese on lamb and pork though!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Usually one or two cups of coffee a day, and 2 or so of tea each day...trying to cut the coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to look good and feel great, have more energy, avoid diabetes, help change my parents nutrition lifestyle (both are diabetic), LGN (getting married in a year!), lose weight, and be able to do things I never have been able to do.

Favorite exercise: I really like butterflies, but I also enjoy the rowing machine for my cardio. Mostly I enjoy deadlifts because they hurt so much.

Favorite Primal food: Umm...steak?

Best part about being Primal: Meat and vegatables? Yes please!

Worst part about being Primal: I do love my flavored breads, so I will miss those...but nothing else.

Basically, I've been overweight my entire life. My senior year in college I decided to lose weight, so I started reading and learning a ton about nutrition and fitness - mostly starting with the Abs Diet. It worked for a while, and I went from 314 lbs to 245...then my life fell apart, a bunch of crap happened, and I went back up to 320 over a couple years. After meeting my now girlfriend-soon-to-be-wife, I decided to get my ass in gear and lose this weight once and for all. I was able to drop 20 lbs using diet and exercise like I had in the past...but I stopped there - for months! No matter what I did I couldn't get past 300 lbs. I started doing a high-protein, Low-carb diet (low carb, as in 250ish grams a day!) Still nothing. It wasn't until about a month ago when I picked up Primal Blueprint that I learned my body is incredibly insulin resistant and all those carbs I eat aren't letting me lose my weight! Less than a week into not eating any carbs and I feel great, enjoy the guilt-free lifestyle of eating bacon (among other many things i enjoy), I'm not hungry at all, and I don't miss skipping the birthday cakes at work (a VERY regular thing) because I know when I get home I can eat some MEAT!

I know this is something I can easily live with for the rest of my life, and I look forward to it. My friends are worried about eating less than 100 grams of carbs a day, but I need them to read PB and MDA for them to see the truth! I look forward to being fit, healthy, energetic, LGN - I'm excited to become a "success story" rather than a failure - but mostly, I'm excited to help others along the same path I've walked.

Thank you Mark and the gang for all this invaluable information! I look forward to my new life!

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Calgary, Alberta (Canada)

Age (If you want): 34.5

How Primal are you: 80% (and increasing).

Do you consume dairy: Cheese. I can't live without m'cheese! Just sprinkles of cheese here and there though...

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not really - never have.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Insulin balance.

Favorite exercise: Yoga - for the restoration. (Waiting till my back heals before I try CrossFit; I'm sure I'll be hooked immediately.)

Favorite Primal food: Eggs.

Best part about being Primal: The ratio of easiness to effectiveness. It's not a lot of work, and the rewards are astronomical.

Worst part about being Primal: Explaining it to people.

nopie is offline Senior Member
    Your location: London, ON (Canada)

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: 85ish%

Do you consume dairy: No

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee. YES!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss

Favorite exercise: Running, soccer, playing with my kids

Favorite Primal food: rare steak

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better physically, and looking hawt!

Worst part about being Primal: The guilt about not starting my kids out on the right path from day 1, and trying to get them transitioned to a better diet..

Your location: Bowling Green, KY

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you:

More Ketogenic than primal. I still eat a lot of un-organic processed meats etc, but I'm TRYING my best to make the switch. I only eat around 30grams of Carbs per day, and the majority of that is from Green vegetables. I use some whey protein, and supplement with 5000iu of Vit D3 per day, Fish oil etc.

Do you consume dairy: I eat cheese, and some creams. No Milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

After I read "Good Calories, Bad Calories" By Gary Taubes, I got heavily into Nutrition. I have been working out five days a week for years, but I was never able to get as lean and feel as good, as I did after adopting a Ketogenic diet. I read "The Ketogenic Diet" and "The Rapid Fat loss Handbook" by Lyle Mcdonald which got me started on the path. I have studied Biology, physiology and biochemistry, and I believe that the primal style of eating is the most natural way for humans to eat.

I aim to become fully primal as soon as my money situation allows.

Favorite exercise:

Biceps and Triceps day at the gym! :-)

Favorite Primal food:

The big-ass Salad

Best part about being Primal:

Being part of an intelligent fringe-group....and knowing that I'm truly eating as healthy as I possible can.

Worst part about being Primal:

Milk Chocolate and Cereal.....oh how I miss you.

My Website:
    www.undergroundnutritionist.com

Primal_Island_Girl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kansas by way of the Caribbean

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: Not at all...waiting on my books.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to get healthier and look better.

Favorite exercise: Swimming

Favorite Primal food: Not sure.

Best part about being Primal: I'll tell you when I start.

Worst part about being Primal: See above.

BillyBob219 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Dumont, NJ

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: A little too interperative. I'll just say "I'm getting there" : )

Do you consume dairy: not since December, even before then, rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Very rarely. Black Coffee maybe once a week, tea even less

Motivator for switching to Primal: Hmm, a little birdy told me about it. Was reluctant, but went through with it. I am also a type 2 diabetic.

Favorite exercise: Treadmill and weights

Favorite Primal food: BACON!

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling sluggish from the carbs I used to consume en masse.

Worst part about being Primal: Oh how I miss brownies!

Hunt-Fish-Forage is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 51

How Primal are you: 95%

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, one or two cups of black coffee each morning.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Although my health was good at least according to my doctor, it was obvious to me that if I didn't change something it would be a slow but steady decline into the next few decades. A primal lifestyle already meshed well with my recreational activities and I have always been interested in natural history and evolution. Somewhere in my closet is a college diploma stating that I am supposed to know something about Biology. I also earn my living manufacturing Pharmaceuticals (sorry about that one). A primal lifestyle was a natural fit for me.

It has been seven months and 35lbs. I feel better than I can ever remember with consistent energy, I just generally feel great. For those who have been primal a while you know. For those who are just starting the journey you will know.

Favorite exercise: Dragging a buck out of the woods.

Favorite Primal food: Brook trout with milkweed buds (Caught and foraged in the same trip!)

Best part about being Primal: Every day feeling like a human is supposed to feel.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to convince people you care about to join in.

emilyrhk is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Your location: Cardiff, Wales

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Grok Incarnate

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Did raw vegan for a while, worked intially then felt like I was lacking in vitality & vigor. Ate a more conventional whole foods "healthy" diet for a while, then was diagnosed with hashimoto's autoimmune condition, gluten intolerance & a few other minor problems. Found the blog, & testimonials from other raw vegans et voila

#Favorite exercise: Dancing, rebounding, yoga, bodyweight stuff

Favorite Primal food: After being vegan for so long....steak

Best part about being Primal: I feel better, am losing weight and enjoy what I eat

Worst part about being Primal: Food takes longer to prepare than when I was RV