Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread

Shop Now
    Hi there..
    Your location: Vancouver, BC
    Age (If you want): 53
    How Primal are you: just starting .. pretty primal
    Do you consume dairy: yes
    Do you drink coffee or tea: yes
    Motivator for switching to Primal: can't quite shed those lbs.. brain not functioning as well as it used to.
    Favorite exercise: hiking
    Favorite Primal food: eggs!
    Best part about being Primal: feeling awesome
    Worst part about being Primal: dealing with eating with others

Mary-Anne

Hi everyone!! I am Tracy and here is the answers to the questions!

Your location: Nebraska

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Just joined and can not get the free book to download so I do not know

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Raw goats milk when I can. If no raw goat milk then not much other then cottage cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: maybe 1 cup a day and do not normally finish it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Been losing and gaining the same damn 5 pounds for 6 weeks now and I have to change what I am doing!

Favorite exercise: Boxing and kickboxing with stregth training a very close second!

Favorite Primal food: ??

Best part about being Primal: ??

Worst part about being Primal:

Hi i'm Hilary!

Your location: indiana

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: on day 4, so far so good

Do you consume dairy: yogurt, no cheese or anything til i reach my goal

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: stress related weight gain over the last semester and general desire to be healthieir. plus the fertility bonuses, been trying for 3 years now

Favorite exercise: biking and kayaking

Favorite Primal food: steak and berries

Best part about being Primal: i'm already an environmental geologist so it feels right to get back to our roots and nature

Worst part about being Primal: no noodles or bread or candy or or :P

Hello Everyone, I'm Anthony.

Your location: Cincinnati

How Primal are you: Most of the time, for a about a year and a half.

Do you consume dairy: Cheese, yogurt, and a small amount of milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've always been interested in anthropology and evolution, and once I heard about Paleo and learned about the effects that agriculture had on humans, going Primal seemed like a "common sense" idea.

Favorite exercise: Deadlifts and Squats

Favorite Primal food: Eggs!

Best part about being Primal: I can tell this lifestyle change is "right", I specifically enjoy the lower stress levels and higher energy levels.

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing really, I thought I would miss my Pop Tarts but I don't.

Your location:
    Nashville, Tn

How Primal are you:
    Sadly our budget at this time does not allow me purchase organic, grass fed, etc other than that I am about 85-90%

Do you consume dairy:
    Butter and a little cheese from time to time more as a garnish really

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    I am a confirmed Java Junkie- and drink iced green tea sometimes.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    In part it was how it aligned with my philosophy and just how common sense it all sounded BUT:

I was 55 years old, 57 weighed 195 pounds, my BP was 138/72, my cholesterol was 252 and tired all the time.
    Just to brag a little 4 months later I am down to 154, my BP is 122/69, my cholesterol 223 (HDL 67 mg/dL) and I feel more energetic and stronger.

Favorite exercise:
    Walking and hiking without a doubt.

Favorite Primal food:
    Steaks and fresh fish

Best part about being Primal:
    The way I see my body changing!

It is a tie between missing milk and cereal OR cornbread.

Your location: Asheville, NC

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: 85-95%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to be able to roughhouse with grandkids for as long as I can

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Omlettes and Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Incredibly easy... don't have to think too much

Worst part about being Primal: I miss Indian (rice, naan) and Mexican food (chips, tortillas, tacos, enchiladas)

Hi, I'm Lisa. Just joined the site, have been lurking around for almost a month now.

The Questions:

Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: 95%, going cold turkey tomorrow and cutting cream and butter out of the equation.

Do you consume dairy: See above

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanting to be healthy again and to get lean.

Favorite exercise: Martial arts

Favorite Primal food: Steak....definitely steak.

Best part about being Primal: The aches in my knees and ankles are subsiding, I'm no longer "bloated" and tired after I eat and no longer have that mid-afternoon crash.

Worst part about being Primal: Right now the craving for ice cream and chocolate.

Hi! I'm Jason. Started with a goal of losing some weight after reading The 4-Hour Body. Now converting to TPB although they are very similar. More below.

Your location: Dallas, TX

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Very

Do you consume dairy: A little cheese with my breakfast and a little cream in my coffee, but that's it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both (trying to cut out softdrinks)

Motivator for switching to Primal: lose weight

Favorite exercise: Stared trying the sprints and can't believe how sore it makes me. Weight training once a week with kettlebell swings, crunches, pull ups, lunges, and pushups.

Favorite Primal food: Greek salad: sliced cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, lots of mint, feta, and dressing (2 parts olive oil and 1 part red wine vinegar)

Best part about being Primal: Easy weight lose

Worst part about being Primal: No bread!

Have a blog here and weight loss data here. Trying to go from 235 or 27% body fat to 205 or 12% body fat.

Your location:
    Dallas
    Age (If you want):
    How Primal are you:
    on week days
    Do you consume dairy:
    no
    Do you drink coffee or tea:
    green tea
    Motivator for switching to Primal:
    weight loss
    Favorite exercise:

Favorite Primal food:
    grass fed steak
    Best part about being Primal:
    easy cooking
    worry about toxins

Shop Now
    Your location: New Zealand

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Completely primal for 5 months, came from Weston Price style of eating before that so was used to eating lots of fat and meat and no processed foods.

Do you consume dairy: I haven't consumed much dairy for the last 3 months, just an occasional bit of butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea, a very occasional coffee eg once every couple of months

Motivator for switching to Primal: I will be honest in saying that weight loss was a big motivation for me. I had already gained a lot of health benefits from eating a whole foods diet but refining my way of eating to cut out grains completely will hopefully change my body comp.

Favorite exercise: I admit I am pretty lazy with exercise these days, running after 2 young ones seems enough sometimes. But I love dancing so some Zumba or something might be on my to do list. I also enjoy a walk in the countryside, no children screaming or whinging, just the occasional noise of the cows and sheep.

Favorite Primal food: Slow cooked lamb shanks

Best part about being Primal: Sleeping well, never having to feel hungry, eating real food.

Worst part about being Primal: Being the odd one out in my circle of friends and family