Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 150

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Hello All

Your location:
    Pacific Northwest

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Just discovered this way of eating on Friday... had a couple of primal meals so far...yum!
    I have a kitchen stocked with non-primal foods like whole grains, legumes, and beans

Do you consume dairy:
    Try not to because I have an addiction to cheese and have always felt that dairy was bad for you

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Coffee...yes! I have to admit I am addicted and I even use International Delight (I know...cringe)

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    I have been in search of the right way to nourish my body and this just makes sense

Favorite exercise:
    Running and circuit training

Favorite Primal food:
    Eggs and avocado

Best part about being Primal:
    Healthy fats...yum!!

Worst part about being Primal:
    I guess getting rid of conventional thinking that grains and beans are good for you. Plus beans have always been one of my very favorite foods!

Your location: jersey

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: not sure, gonna guess at about 85-90 percent

Do you consume dairy: nope

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: husband diagnosed as prediabetic

Favorite exercise: running and weight lifting

Favorite Primal food: pork tenderloin

Best part about being Primal: not feeling bloated

Worst part about being Primal: having a lot of vegan and vegetarian friends who think i'm killing myself.

casual.remark is offline Junior Member
    Howdy!

The Questions:

Your location: Rockwall, TX

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: I'm human

Do you consume dairy: sometimes

Do you drink coffee or tea: no

Motivator for switching to Primal: kept finding recipes my son (food allergies) could eat via "paleo" Google searches

Favorite exercise: High-Intensity, Slow-Paced Strength Training (a la Dr. Doug McGuff and Andrew Baye)

Favorite Primal food: Osso Bucca

Best part about being Primal: It's a lifestyle

Worst part about being Primal: It's an expensive lifestyle

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Hi All, I'll be making a more detailed post later, but here's the quickie. I've been reading the site for several months now, just got around to registering and joining the forums today.

The Questions:

Your location: Live in AZ, work in Ca during the week. Commuting sucks.

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: 80% +. I haven't made the leap into grass fed/pastured yet, but I'm fully onboard with all the other principles.

Do you consume dairy: Rare glass of milk, but I love cheeses and I'll do greek yogurt or cottage cheese a couple times a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Rarely coffee, but tea (hot or iced) most days of the week, at least a glass or two.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to LIVE, not merely plod along with diabetes, overweight, with a terrible quality of life.

Favorite exercise: Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Meat of any sort. Preferably with bones in it.

Best part about being Primal: I feel GREAT

Worst part about being Primal: Convenience. Most places to eat aren't set up for Grok, so choosing meals on the run takes more work. Packing a lunch isn't always an option. I had to really adjust how I ate from a meal perspective (ultimately a good thing)

Fufuhead is offline Member
    Your location: Illinois - land of lincoln, soy, and corn!

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: realistically, about 70% I still have a hard time at parties and on weekends (hi beer)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but cutting back. Usually only cheese on salads.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes and yes. I've started having my coffee with coconut milk, its so good!

Motivator for switching to Primal: More energy, look better naked, fat loss, achieving optimal health

Favorite exercise: bicycling, I bike to work every day of the week even through winter

Favorite Primal food: roasted chicken thigh + leg and skin

Best part about being Primal: eating more fat and not being hungry ALL the time

Worst part about being Primal: finding ways to eat primal at parties or traveling for work, these situations can end up with me making poor nutrition choices.

Goldensparrow is offline Senior Member
    Your location: South USA

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: meat, veggies, fruit....one little bit of dark chocolate everyday (like an ounce or two)

Do you consume dairy: only butter/ghee and the dark chocolate

Do you drink coffee or tea: very rare but I will have an unsweet tea every now and then

Motivator for switching to Primal: Losing bodyfat

Favorite exercise: I like Jillian Michaels workouts right now

Favorite Primal food: Coconut pancakes

Best part about being Primal: Easier to make choices when I have to eat out, which is a lot

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing so far really

LisaH is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Little Rock, AR

Age (If you want): 27 (almost 28)

How Primal are you: just starting out, so...

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: sometimes some hot tea, no coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: it struck me as a very logical way to live

Favorite exercise: hiking

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: even though I've just started, I'm noticing an increase in energy (esp. in the afternoons),a couple inches off my waistline, and haven't had heartburn since I started

Worst part about being Primal: not sure yet

Katblack is offline Senior Member
    Hi my name is Kathy and I am super new to this way of eating. I like it alot.
    Your location:
    South Florida

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I can pretty much say that I just started this, but I would concider myself 95% primal.

Do you consume dairy:
    I read a little on Weston Price that was around 2 years ago, so I can safely say no. The quality of milk is super bad plus being A. American, it never really got on well with me.

Tea, yes from time to time. I started using coffee as a crutch because my energy levels would be everywhere when I was eating CW. Now, I don't need it.

All these awesome Before and After people here on the Primal Blueprint really motivated me to really get in act together.

Favorite exercise:
    I really enjoy weight lifting believe it or not. I never liked CW idea on fitness because it seemed like the closer to your goal weight you got the more cardio you needed to do, and I hate excessive cardio.

Favorite Primal food:
    I don't know if this is really primal, but I love plantains! Outside of that give me some salmon and I will make it good.

The best part of being primal is not feeling like I have to eat every second. Also, I don't get brain farts all the time anymore.

Like I said I am new to eating primal, I'd say just this week I really started it. With that being said the hardest part is feeling tired(probably because I don't eat enough). When I start feeling lethargic and tired, I get a sort of panic. All the years eating carbs, have given me lot's of odd symptoms and I think that something bad will happen. Other than that there aren't any bad things about eating primally.
    You don't have to be sick to get well

huntergirlhayden is offline Senior Member
    I joined a few days ago and I have really enjoyed reading a lot of forum posts. I bought and read the Primal Blue Print in two days, breaking the rule about getting adequate sleep, mostly because I was so interested in it! I was a raw vegan for over a year and found myself underweight and showing symptoms of anorexia, physical and mental. Unfortunately, I swung too far in the other direction trying to get back to "normal" and got pretty unhealthy on SAD. I am a certified pastry chef so a cupcake here and there became a daily routine, BIG mistake!
    I'm hopeful for the ways the primal lifestyle will help me get things back in order. Plus, I really hate running, hard core, so any life plan that discourages it is a-okie-dokie with me!
    Your location:
    Oh, thats a funny one, I work outside of Atlanta, spend my weekends in the backwoods and alternately sleep in different suburban areas in Georgia... I go a lot of places any given week, sleep in a lot of beds (alone).

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Mindset, completely, physically, long way off, lifestyle, currently 70%
    Do you consume dairy:
    Yes

Both

Weight loss with the intention of building muscle. I'm joining the Navy as a Corpsman in the fall and I ultimately want to be a SAR Medic, gotta be ripped to get the job and I've got a long way to go!

Favorite exercise:
    Lifting Heavy things, like 50lb bags of flour, or my little brother.

Favorite Primal food:
    Elk, oh my goodness, I LOVE elk...

Renewed vitality, voracity in areas I haven't felt in years...

Nobody gets it.
    "It is not what you are that holds you back, it is what you think you're not."
    Denis Waitley

Gianna is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been reading since September and finally decided to register.

The Questions:

Your location: Phoenix, Arizona

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Mostly heavy cream and butter. I limit cheese to 2-3 times per week. No Milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes to tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I went low carb on my Dr's recommendation due to insulin resistance. I went Primal because I don't believe in eating things that aren't food.

Favorite exercise: gardening

Favorite Primal food: It's a toss up between Roast Chicken with Roasted Eggplant, Fennel and Red Peppers and Shrimp and zucchini Scampi

Best part about being Primal: The increase in energy. I felt so awful before!

Worst part about being Primal: No sourdough baguettes.