Page 132 of 635 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 132

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi Steve, peacheater, Crunge and everyone else who's joined recently!

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I've been lurking for a while and decided to actually join. I've been eating "primally" for a while - it's actually my go-to weight loss methodology, combined with weightlifting & interval training which seems pretty close to Mark's primal fitness deal. (I just called it "no-starch-no-sugar" before I found this site.) Here's my basic info:

Your location: Victoria, BC

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: Pretty hard-core 99% of the time. However, I make exceptions for social requirements (like my daughter's birthday - I did eat some of her cake.)

Do you consume dairy: Yes, for now. We get lovely raw milk from our cowshare and I do love cream in my coffee, and cottage cheese is an extremely handy breakfast food... but I am going to go dairy free from January to March when our cow is dried up before calving. I just want to see if a mild but persistent skin thing clears up without it.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I love coffee, especially in the form of a breve latte (latte made with half-and-half instead of milk. I think I can do without it for a while though. I drink mostly decaf so I don't have a physical dependence on it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, stop having intestinal difficulties.

Favorite exercise: Hmmm... depends on my mood. I guess pushups? I'm a fan, mostly because I'm short which makes them a little easier for me. Also people find it pretty impressive when dumpy little me can knock out more than 20 real pushups (no pansy-ass girl pushups for me!).

Favorite Primal food: Caribou. Sadly, I don't get it much. My second-favourite, grass-fed beef jerky, is smoking away in my back yard right now. It'll be ready in the morning... I can't wait. I also love raw turnip sticks, and pretty much all fruit in season.

Best part about being Primal: Doesn't require much thought! And I feel really good.

Worst part about being Primal: Being constantly torn over whether to continue feeding grains to my child (my husband is not primal). She's the healthiest child I know so I'm hesitant to mess with that, and she DOES eat a lot of meat, fruit & veg so I generally end up deciding not to worry too much. For about 3 hours.

I put on a lot of weight thanks to post-partum depression and it's taken me until now to get serious about losing it. I was at over 170 lbs (I'm 5'0") and 41% body fat. Now I'm down to 143 lbs, 34% body fat. I started in February, injured my arm a month later and fell off the wagon, then got back on in July and I've been good ever since. I even LOST weight while on vacation in Hawaii, despite gorging on tropical fruit. I think the big thing for me is just recognizing that I will NEVER be able to feel well if I eat grains or sugar. This isn't really a diet, it's an acceptance of that reality.

jpbentin is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Lima, peru

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Not very... I would say 75%

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Basically cheese and milk cream.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee yes. Tea very unusually.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Good health and staying fit!

Favorite exercise: Tennis, soccer and PS3 lol

Favorite Primal food: A butter fried grass fed rib-eye steak with salt and pepper.

Best part about being Primal: I can eat all eggs, bacon and meat i want!! Plus y feel better!

Worst part about being Primal: Having to avoid pasta and most desserts!

Kane Augustus is offline Senior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: Going for 100%. Right now? About 70%

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, but not milk. Not a fan of milk. Organic yogurts, raw cheese, primarily.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Rarely coffee (no sugar, maybe raw honey), lots of organic green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be as healthy, strong, and aware as I can.

Favorite exercise: All kinds of push-ups, definitely Though, I will admit that I'm getting into abdominal work, if only because I have a paunch on my abdomen I don't want. Still, I've found that the more ab work I do, the more I enjoy it.

Favorite Primal food: Raw strips of bison marinaded in garlic and mustard.

Best part about being Primal: Maximizing gene potential, dense bones and muscles, and better-than-average overall strength.

Worst part about being Primal: Not sure, yet. I'll modify this answer when I know what I think is the worst part.

ritz is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Connecticut

How Primal are you: just started, but super motivated. aiming for close to 100% recognizing that I still need the occasional red wine and am not ready to give up dairy just yet...

Do you consume dairy: yes - cream/half & half, cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both. but have cut back to 1 cup of caffeinated coffee/day

Motivator for switching to Primal: weight loss, overall health

Favorite exercise: hiking (which I haven't done in way too long!)

Favorite Primal food: eggs & steak, not necessarily together though I wouldn't object to that!

Best part about being Primal: feeling the benefits immediately and knowing I'm being proactive about my health

Worst part about being Primal: I'm probably not far enough in to know, but I think it will be hard to explain my choices to family/friends without them thinking I'm crazy. luckily I have a science background so people usually assume I make informed decisions!

Been lurking around here for a while and this seems like a great community. I can't tell you how motivating the success stories threads have been for me!

soul74 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:

How Primal are you: not yet but have taken a great interest

Do you consume dairy: yes but not as much as I used to

Do you drink coffee or tea: i drink Green Tea with Lemon

Motivator for switching to Primal: it looks intriguing and the thought of eating good, healthy, natural food is a good send..i started to eat more live raw veggies myself

Favorite exercise: elevated push up

Favorite Primal food: i don't have any yet

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Hey Kane Augustus - I grew up in Whitehorse! Did you grow up there or move there recently?

GoPaleo is offline Member
    Your location: Greater Toronto Area, Canada

How Primal are you: Just starting out, have made a few recipes and love them! The only "cheats" are wine, butter and dark organic chocolate.

Do you consume dairy: Butter only

Do you drink coffee or tea: Gave up coffee February 2010. Herbal teas only.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, get in shape, be healthy.

Favorite exercise: I love hiking with my husband and our dogs but we only have time to do that on the weekends. Evenings are so short now!

Favorite Primal food: Veggies! Getting rid of grains in my diet! Having my husband on board with me.

Best part about being Primal: I'll let you know as time goes on.

Worst part about being Primal: Convincing my husband that we need more protein at breakfast!!

Ten years ago I was working out at the gym religiously with severe calorie restriction. My head was too big for my body, I was too thin. Due to turmoil in my personal life, I started putting on weight, went hypothyroid and was prescribed antidepressants.

I'm currently 190lbs and 5'5" with medium bones, I've found it very difficult to loose weight and am happy to loose the grains in my diet! I'm looking forward to some massive changes in the coming months.

We've signed up for monthly organic beef/lamb/pork deliveries and organic chicken & goose eggs.

Clint W is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Fort Worth, Texas

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: 90% or more

Do you consume dairy: rare heavy cream and butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Green Tea usually.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Better health... Better food!!!

Favorite exercise: Running, walking, weightlifting

I've been Primal for quite some time now, but have just been reading MDA. I thought I'd jump in and start talking to others who share this lifestyle. I don't know anyone else but my wife who's Primal so this is going to be fun getting to know others who are in to this.

Favorite Primal food: Grass Fed Steak

Best part about being Primal: Feel better, lower cholesterol, people noticing my health a lot.

Worst part about being Primal: trying to figure out the balance between weight loss and keeping muscle.

Oddball is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location:

Age (If you want): 38

How Primal are you: 90 to 95%

Do you consume dairy: Very little. Only dairy I consume is a sprinkle of in a salad, I try to avoid all the other dairy if possible.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I do drink a cup or 2 of coffee in the mornings.

Motivator for switching to Primal: TAWFUNGUY is my brother. Watching the transformation in him has been amazing.

Favorite exercise: Lifting weights in general.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon. Just about everything can be improved with the judicial application of bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Watching the weight drop.

Worst part about being Primal: I still miss my rice and pasta.