Page 126 of 638 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226626 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 6378

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 126

SarahDaisy is offline Junior Member
    I don't normally introduce myself on forums, am usually an inveterate lurker. However, am such a fan of Primal Blueprint, I'm breaking the habit of 2 decades and going for it. Nice to meet you all. I'm Sarah

Your location: Dublin Ireland

Age (If you want): Just turned 50

How Primal are you: Pretty primal - am new to the "primal" thing - I just thought I was eating like my ancestors...

Do you consume dairy: Very little - occasional cheese, cream & butter. Haven't had milk in 47 years.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - strong & black. Tea haven't been able to drink for about 30 years.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Woke up one morning and realised I should be eating like my ancestors. That was about 3 years ago now - found Primal Blueprint just a couple of months ago and delighted to be here. I should say that until I found Atkins in 1997 I was one of those people battling madly with high carb/low fat and getting fatter and fatter and less and less like me. I love Atkins, but primal is really much more me. Haven't had milk since it started making me throw up when I was 3. Am completely intolerant of wheat and grains and have been for years. Can't stand margarine, root vegetables, red wine, rhubarb, celery, lentils, beans - think that's all on food. Am allergic to penicillin and formaldehyde, also aspartame. Can't stand a lot of perfumes and air fresheners - they give me fierce sinus problems.

Favorite exercise: Dancing, followed by walking on the beach (which I don't get to do much here due to rain and wind...)

Favorite Primal food: Meat, olives, almonds, prawns, avocados

Best part about being Primal: Being fit, strong, alive, natural, the look on my doctors face when she gets bloodwork results (she makes me do a checkup every year and she can't understand why I don't have high cholesterol, diabetes, blocked arteries and all the rest, I do try to convert her). Oh and being called "Miss" in the U.S. these days instead of Ma'am.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Probably the clash between primal and modern life - have to work, have to be out at meetings where they try and give you sandwiches - and thrust the whole grain ones at you as they think you must want the "healthy" choice, usually covered in margarine or "Flora" for the UK and Irish amongst us which makes me want to throw up. Knowing how good life can be when you can be barefoot and by the sea in the sunshine and having to be in cold, wet, rainy Dublin in and out of the car and the office.... Other than that, being Primal is the business!

Dalton H. is offline Junior Member
    Age (If you want): I'm 21 years old, 22 in a few days.

How Primal are you: not as much as I'd like to be. I'm a college student, and sometimes meat isn't an option because of budget.

Do you consume dairy: yes; but I do not drink milk. Mainly cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes. I do, however, want to consume less caffiene. I probably won't need as much once I graduate college, but it is still something I would like to remove from my diet when derived from diet soda and/or coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: the guy I'm dating is a paleo eater, and always feels great. I was a strict low-fat eater until he explained to me how the body works. I wanted to burn fat and be stronger.

Favorite exercise: currently, I am obsessed with the kettlebell. I just ordered a 20 lb kettlebell, and it has been kicking my butt lately. With the demanding schedule of a college student, the kettlebell allows me to get in a 20 minute muscle-busting workout, so I don't have to sacrafice my fitness for my grades.

Favorite Primal food: apples. I limit this food, but they are delicious. I cut them up and put them in the fridge with lemon juice. Very crisp and refreshing, I just make sure I watch the carbs.

Best part about being Primal: I feel good all the time. I don't get tired when the sun is up, and I am far more productive ever since I switched to a paleo diet. I do not suffer any of the stereotypical female craving problems, and I couldn't care less about bread or chocolate. I never need naps, and I sleep very well (when I'm not pulling all-nighters for school). I also never have digestive problems.

Worst part about being Primal: there aren't enough people that believe in it, or even know about it. I feel isolated at times because everyone around me is eating granola bars, and other foods they pat themselves on the back for eating. People around me don't see the importance of doing the research in efforts to take care of your body, which is something I will never understand.

edgehill10 is offline Member

Hello from Rain swept Britain!

Your location:
    Newark, Nottinghamshire, UK

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    90% Cannot afford organic/grass-fed produce on a regular basis, if at all. How much red meat per week should I be having? we have always eaten chicken and turkey a lot as it is cheaper, getting Hubby to buy more is going to be hard. I know I should be going organic and eating the best possible grass-fed meats, but the cost is prohibitive, I don't have control over the weekly shop, Hubby does that, so anything I want has to come out of my own money and I'm a low paid term worker. Still eating conventional meat and veg in a Primal way is better than conventional meat, veg AND grains, legumes and processed rubbish.

Do you consume dairy:
    A moderate amount, mostly yogurt and cottage cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Green herbal tea and a coffee 1-2 times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    To lose weight, get my blood pressure normal and come off the tablets, and to stop eating the ‘food’ that resembles a chemistry experiment. After being told at my July blood pressure review I was 5st (70lb) overweight I knew it was time to do something. I had always been told that I come from a long line of small round women (I'm 5’3” and was 213lb) and I said as much to the Nurse, she replied “No you come from a long line of bad eating habits”. That was food for thought. So I embarked on a CW low fat calorie controlled diet, with exercise and successfully lost 2st (28lb) until a month ago I hit a plateau, which is when I found MDA trawling the net for a solution. Since going Primal last week I've lost another 3lb. I'm going through ‘carb flu’ or what I’m suspecting is Candida die-off as the symptoms are identical.

Favorite exercise:
    walking and using a twist board!

Favorite Primal food:
    Almonds – in moderation of course.

Best part about being Primal:
    Knowing that I have decided to do the best for my health and seeing the weight come off.

Worst part about being Primal:
    The negativity of others in my family. Being told that I'm obsessive about my diet. Hubby does not listen to anything I say. “As long as you're happy”, he says as he slathers margarine onto 4 rounds of toast, followed shortly after by a bowl of cereal. He then complains that his joints ache (he has been having tests for joint pain for the past year...) The children are another story, (I have four eldest 21, youngest 14) Just trying to get them to eat anything healthy has always been a struggle, mention a vegetable to the youngest and he's running. Its hard watching them eat as they do knowing what I know now, I just want to scream at them. But they think I'm nuts anyway. Also eating enough fat after being told for so long it was bad and being confused over supplements.

Still I'm glad I have made the switch to Primal eating, it makes sense, it's relatively easy as we don't go out much and I have always cooked, I just don't put the bad stuff on my plate ( 'they've' not noticed the switch to cooking in butter and lard!)
    Here's to more weight loss!

Prairie Monkey is offline Junior Member
    Lawton, OK, but will be moving to NC after retirement in Mid-Jan 11

Intro

The Questions:

Your location: Currently Lawton, OK, but will relocate to Ft Bragg area of NC after retirement in mid-Jan

Age (If you want):52

How Primal are you: -ish-

Do you consume dairy: Occasionally yogurt or cottage cheese. Will have creme with my coffee if there is no coconut milk available.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Love Red Tea!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health & Wellness

Favorite exercise: Mostly body weight exercises, always working on some more difficult gymnastic exercise. Also box & do a lot of boxing oriented workouts.

Favorite Primal food: If it's meat & veggies, I like it. Prefer my veggies sauteed, but will eat them however.

Best part about being Primal: Health & networking.

Worst part about being Primal:[/QUOTE] Having to stop & explain myself when I prefer to enjoy my meal.

thejohn is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up

Your location: Shawnee, KS. Right smack dab in the middle of the US in Kansas City.

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: 100% for 10 days now!

Do you consume dairy: Only cheese, sour cream and heavy cream

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've tried just about every fad diet in existance and nothing has been successful at keeping the weight off. I am tired of being tired and I'm ready to unleash the primal beast inside me! Everything about living primally is so much easier than any previous diet I've ever done.

Favorite exercise: I'm really diggin the 5 bodyweight exercises right now. I was in the Marines for 5 years so I got to do those a TON. But now they feel like they are actually doing something productive. Sculpting the hot bod underneath all this cushy exterior.

Favorite Primal food: So far I made a dish that was basically a modified stuffed peppers recipe that was completely primal and it was absolutely sinful.

Best part about being Primal: ALL THIS CRAZY ENERGY OMG LETS GO RUN SOMEWHERE!!!

Worst part about being Primal: Not having all the easy, LAZY foods, now I actually have to cook every day lol.

I'm so completely stoked about this whole process, I'm considering starting a journal here in the forums. Reading through the others has been so inspiring to me and I'd love to be able to do that for someone else. I can't wait to get to know more of you guys over the next few weeks, months and years!!! GROK ON!!!

diamond_night is offline Junior Member
    Hi all,

good to meet you all. I have to confess that I've already started posting without introducing myself (gasp!) -- but I'm making amends, having found this thread.

Your location: Johannesburg

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: In the past week, maybe 90 percent

Do you consume dairy: Yes, a glass of milk a day, yoghurt (no cheese)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, both - particularly like Rooibos

Motivator for switching to Primal: A very good friend has been pestering me for the past year about it and I've now decided to take the plunge. My main goals are weight loss and reducing abdominal fat (I've got incipient NAFLD - non-alcoholic fatty liver disease).

Favorite exercise: Tennis, which I play 3x per week; bodyweight exercises. I do go to gym, but don't like it much.

Favorite Primal food: Biltong (South African equivalent of beef jerky - you also get buffalo, zebra, ostrich etc.)

Best part about being Primal: At this stage, 6 days into it - probably the fact that my friend has stopped pestering me. But I'm very curious to see what results it will bring. Seeing the success stories and before/after pictures here on MDA has been a great motivation!

Worst part about being Primal: Low-level anxiety about food availability -- low-carb requires a bit more planning than when you're just able to grab a slice of bread anytime... (but it's true that carbs are losing their attraction, which is a good thing)

sufisherfit is offline Junior Member
    Hello all,

I have been lurking in the forums for awhile but have decided it's all or nothing now. Can't just do primal when it is convient or easy. Need to go all the way.

Your location: Washington State

Age (If you want): 47

How Primal are you: About 85%

Do you consume dairy: Limited. If so, eggs and some raw milk/raw cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Motivator for switching to Primal: I hate feeling bloated/tired all the time. Ignoring these symptoms of food allergies is irresponsible.

Favorite exercise: Kick boxing and trail running

Favorite Primal food: Steak and avocados

Best part about being Primal: The way feel, fabulous.

Worst part about being Primal: Going somewhere and not having any food choices. Always having to plan ahead when going places and packing my own food.

Suzanne

Alice is offline Member
    Your location: An island someplace.

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: close to 100%.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Didn't knowingly switch to Primal. Rather, I did it unwittingly. I have Celiac Disease as well as an allergy to dairy. Last year, I got really sick from gluten contamination despite being on a gluten-free diet, plus even more sick from medical intervention, and decided to take matters into my own hands and one by one cut out all the foods that seemed to be making me feel worse. Eventually came down to a diet that very strongly resembled Primal or Paleo.

Favorite exercise: Walking.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: Other people not 'getting' it.

JPA
    JPA is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I'm Joao, I'm from Portugal.

And obligatory is such a strong word... :P

JMac is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: Chicago Area

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes, but looking to first switch to raw dairy (have a raw dairy farm about 20 mins from my house) and then also lower my consumption.

Do you drink coffee or tea: a little of both

Motivator for switching to Primal: need to get a six pack

Favorite exercise: walking in the woods with my family and wearing my vibrams

Favorite Primal food: so far, the bison Chili from Primal Blueprint Cookbook

Best part about being Primal: butter and fat

Worst part about being Primal: pizza, sushi

i have been following PB for about 2 months now. The first couple of weeks were a transition period. Now i am pretty much fully primal. I am at a frustrating point because I have fully given over to primal eating but I do not see any weight loss. Granted I have only been eating 99% primal for two weeks so I hope to see some loss of BF% and pounds in the next coming weeks.