Page 121 of 638 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221621 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 6374

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 121

Your location: Salem, OR

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Just starting. Referred to MDA in the last month.

Do you consume dairy: Some, not much.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Realizing just how bad a lot of the carbs I eat/have eaten are. My naturopath recommended reading The Schwarzbein Principle, and this seems like something that would be a furtherance of that reading.

Favorite exercise: Used to be basketball. Now, I'm not sure.

Favorite Primal food: Right now, eggs.

Best part about being Primal: Uncertain due to infancy in program.

Worst part about being Primal: Can't think of one.

wildema1 is offline Member
    Your location: East Lansing, MI

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Mostly primal. Try not to consume grains (maybe once a week), usually some sort of rice product if I do. Organic eggs, half grassfed meat, fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and good fats (including oils, yum!). Dairy...

Do you consume dairy: yes, it is my weakness.

Do you drink coffee or tea: both, mostly tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was living a raw food lifestyle for over a year, missed my meat, and simply got a little bored and worn down. I heard about Primal Blueprint on a flight to Australia. The lady next to me had been living this way for well over a year. She told me about the book (while I ate hers and my dinner roll haha). I got back from my trip, started reading the book, and decided THIS is what I was looking for when I began my raw food journey. I began that journey in an attempt to recover from years (14) of struggling with an eating disorder (developed when I was 9). It helped me greatly to look at food as fuel and not as the enemy. For that I am grateful!

Favorite exercise: all, but if I must choose: sprints, kettlebell, or a good long distance run (once in a while). Oh and pilates and cardio power yoga.

Favorite Primal food: nuts, spinach, dark chocolate almond bark.

Best part about being Primal: not counting calories and feeling strong.

Worst part about being Primal: I love explaining it to people but hate how they think Im crazy. Then they attempt to argue how you are supposed to have grain in your diet. (These experiences are very similar to when I was eating raw).

Valarauko is offline Senior Member
    Your location: The heart of ancient Japan

Age (If you want): Born during the Montreal Olympics

How Primal are you: currently still eat oats and sometimes rice (it's Japan - rice is unavoidable)

Do you consume dairy: Rarely, lactose intolerant.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee - like Jimmy in "Pulp Fiction" - only the good stuff and every day. Tea: Oolong tea, green tea,

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have been eating healthier in stages over the years and finally cut out all wheat to reduce cholesterol and began researching more about "wheat" and came across primal, and finally it all fell into place. For the first time all I had learned and accumulated made sense

Favorite exercise: Medicine balls - have 4 home made balls 4, 7, 11 and 21 kgs.

Favorite Primal food: Nuts, chicken, nuts.

Best part about being Primal: Finally being in full control of my digestion and not torturing it with grains anymore.

Worst part about being Primal: Japan, its hard here (thank god for Costco though), tell a Japanese person about primal and prepare for a look of utter shock that you are being sacrilegious to their precious rice. Boy do they take rice extremely seriously in this country

turtlesmama is offline Junior Member
    Name: Reina

How primal: About 90% of the time. Its been about two years.
    It started because my daughter was having GI problems.

Dairy: greek yogurt, and in my coffee

Coffee or tea: yes to coffee

Motivator: tring to eat heathy and weightloss

Favorite exercise: kettlebell, kayaking, endurance training, powerlifting

Favorite primal food: fresh fruits and veggies

Best part: feeling clean and free from processed gunk

Worst part: when you have to eat out. I can taste the difference.

San-San is offline Member
    Name: Sandy

How primal: 70%, I love those waffles with vanilla cream at the christmas market

Dairy: yes, I love goats cheese and I hate proteine shakes with water so...

Coffee or tea: yes, tea my dear

Motivator: skin, weightloss, lgn, getting healthy

Favorite exercise: biking

Best part: nice skin

Worst part: eating with friends and family and thw question "you don't eat bread? What do you eat then?" Can I get Euro for everytime I hear this question, please? I'd like a car.

Sonnenblume is offline Senior Member
    The questions:
    Your location:

Germany

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Trying to do my best...I am stilly enjoying a small slice of bread with my breakfast (with homemade marmelade) most days of the weeks, or a cookie now and then. I do not have weight issues and feel helathy so my motivation to be very strict is sometimes limited...Also, I have a 16 months old and it is very difficult to offer only primal food to a baby that doesn`t like fish, or eggs, or meat...But I am learning about primal food options and I am currently improving our diet (that isn`t too bad anyway...)

Do you consume dairy: yes, only from organic sources

Do you drink coffee or tea:

Yes coffee and tea from time to time

Motivator for switching to Primal

The theory behind it seems convincing to me!

Favorite exercise:

Running, Weightlifting

Favorite Primal food:

Most part of it - still some problems with red meat

Best part about being Primal:

Satisfyig, I feel good!

Worst part about being Primal:

Sometimes hard to resist cookies and ice cream...

Glad to have found the forum!

firefly is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Yorkshire UK

Age (If you want): 43

How Primal are you: Pretty much a full convert

Do you consume dairy: only small amounts of full slimmed milk which im trying to convery with coconut milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: NO

Motivator for switching to Primal: Seeing results in friends and determined to shed the 40+ age waist spread

Favorite exercise: any really

Favorite Primal food: chicken always has been. love most seafood too

Best part about being Primal: losing pounds without really struggling with a diet its a lifestyle change not a chore

Worst part about being Primal: Can sometimes feel tired with lowering my carbs but am experimenting with different foods to give me a energy boost

Bonsway is offline Junior Member
    Hello - I am a new PBer - my location is Charlotte, NC. I am 46. I do not, as a rule, consume dairy any longer. Use almond milk in my coffee and for preparing meals now. I do drink coffee, but not a lot. I was motivated to go primal by my 21 year old son who is a diabetic and saw immediate results in his blood sugar levels. I also figured for myself, it would be much easier to eliminate the sources of foods that were making me unhealthy, rather than trying to stick to portion control, or carb. counting, or eliminating ONLY breads, etc. I dot no have a favorite primal food because I love ALL the foods that I am allowed to eat as a primal eater. Best part of being primal was losing 25 pounds without really even thinking about how much I was eating and still enjoying the foods I love (minus the non-primal stuff). I can't find a single thing that is the "worst" part of being primal! I'm healthier, happier, thinner and I am so high on this thing that I can't stop myself from telling everyone I meet!!

Oh and my name is Bonnie and I have been primal now since the end of July!

julianne is offline Junior Member
    Hi from New Zealand (Auckland)
    I am a mum, nutritionist, registered nurse. Ex furniture designer. Passionate about paleo eating, have my own blog
    http://paleozonenutrition.wordpress.com/

Your location: Grey Lynn, Auckland NZ

How Primal are you: Paleo, no grains, legumes, dairy, minimal eggs, minimal nightshades, (auto-immune issues)

Do you consume dairy: no

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: health, weight loss

Favorite exercise: CrossFit

Favorite Primal food: Roast chicken

Best part about being Primal: health, no more PMS, Menstrual cramps, joint inflammation, blood sugar problems, minimal auto-immune issues

Worst part about being Primal: Miss those Croissants!

stuffguru is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey all! My name is Sean and I went paleo about three weeks ago. I am not as strict as I'd like to be due to a few environmental conditions which I am trying to rectify so I can go fully paleo. I first heard about this lifestyle when I saw John Durant on the Colbert Report. Then I came across Free the Animal about two months ago and that's what really got the ball rolling for me.

Before treading this path I managed to lose 85lbs walking a lot, took me a year. Then when I saw Mr. Durant and did a little research and felt this was the correct way to go. I still have a little chunk on me being at about 200lbs right now. My goal is not to lose anymore as I feel its a good weight for me. I want to put on some muscle and lean out at this weight but i won't be too picky as long as I eventually reach a good body fat % and look appropriately proportional. Good to meet everyone!

Your location: Oregon

Age (If you want):23

How Primal are you: Partial

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink some tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health and to lean out

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Eggs

Best part about being Primal: I like meat, a lot. And get to eat meat, a lot!

Worst part about being Primal: Rice is/was one of my favorite foods.
    Homo sum, humani nil a me alienum puto