Page 113 of 626 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 6256

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 113

Karl is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: Stockholm, Sweden

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: About 80-84.39% (the main thing keeping me at this low percentage is the proteinshakes mixed with some maltodextrin (starch, mainly to regain a small dosage of carbs after training). But I've dropped the grains (no pasta, no bread, no rice, no damn porrige for breakfeast anymore). I don't touch beans, legumes.

Do you consume dairy: Seldom, but it happens (my protein is whey, and it's extracted from dairy if memory serves right).

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee, and probably too much of it.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It wasn't weight loss, nor weight gain. My motivator was to be what ever I can be. To eat as optimal as I can, and then going back to the roots seems to be the right way.

Favorite exercise: Chins and pullups. But I'm a gym-rat at heart and the weather here in Sweden is only good for about 3 months.

Favorite Primal food: All kinds of meat. Fatty meats, lean meats. One can never have enough meat.

Best part about being Primal: Only been primal for about three weeks, but I feel healthier and I got more energy. And my stomach feels better.

Worst part about being Primal: I am yet to discover that one. Well, maybe getting enouch cals. Oh eating out with friends and colleagues. Not that many primal alternatives out there, so I just go with the damn sallad.

rio_sachairi is offline Member
    Your location: Earth.

How Primal are you: No grains, no tubers, no beans, <1 pieces of fruit per day, 2-3 meals per day, some IF.

Do you consume dairy: Butter and ghee daily.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Not right now.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Big martial arts accomplishment coming up, want to tone up and lose the bloat.

Favorite exercise: Kicking targets or outdoor trail walks.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Content, see positive effects quickly, plenty of my favorite foods are allowed, this seems sustainable!

Worst part about being Primal: I kind of miss corn on the cob. But not the inflammation that comes with it.

allen is offline Junior Member
    Well, itís amazing. The miracle has been done. Well done.
    Hatís off. Well done, as we know that ďhard work always pays offĒ, after a long struggle with sincere effort itís done.
    ==========================
    ALLEN
    stretching exercises

profdjj is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Missouri

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: Low/Moderate Carb since 5/1/2010. Just found your site and getting comfortable with the primal way of life

Do you consume dairy: A little cheese - maybe one or two ounces a day.

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf every day (2 or 3 cups) and green tea (2 to 3 cups)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lost 25 pounds during May/June on a low carb (now at goal weight) and really loved the way I felt. Exploring various low carb "way-of-lives" and stumbled onto Primal. This seems to match the way my thoughts have been leaning. Pure foods, pure exercise.

Favorite exercise: Runner (doing Chicago Marathon), walker, yoga (love yoga!), some weights but I much perfer body weight exercises and lifting.

Favorite Primal food: eggs and almonds

Best part about being Primal: I sleep like a dead person - very little dreaming anymore, No yawning in the afternoon, Great energy levels

Worst part about being Primal: Having to keep say "no" to offers of cupcakes and icecream during office parties. Having to spend a lot more money on groceries than before.

ShinKen is offline Junior Member
    Your location: California

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: Just starting out this week and have cut the grains, I am currently working on cutting the sugars, and I still am using whey protein at the moment.

Do you consume dairy: just from the remaining whey protein that I have, once it is gone I will be done I won't be purchasing anymore

Do you drink coffee or tea: green and essiac tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: one to lose some weight. Second is that I have been living with nasal polyps for the past 25 years. I want to see if eating a grain free diet has a positive change on them. (I will say that for whatever reasons I have cleared up a little bit, too early to say if this is a result of my diet changes)

Favorite exercise: sprinting and body weight exercises

Favorite Primal food: Pork

Best part about being Primal: Cooking meals at home

Worst part about being Primal: no white rice, but I have found raw cauliflower to be an excellent replacement. Other than that things are still too new for me to have any complaints at the moment

timmay2010 is offline Junior Member
    Hi,
    I am from San Antonio.

Stretching Exercises

kansaiguy is offline Junior Member
    The answers:

Your location: Osaka but I'm originally from Canada

Age (If you want): 36

How Primal are you: most days about 90% but at times I am weak but I am improving

Do you consume dairy: rarely, occassionally cream in my coffee or yogurt

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: fata$$ and becoming lazy as I got older and knew my diet needed to be cleaned up

Favorite exercise: deadlifts, burpees, sprinting and my kettlebell

Favorite Primal food: sashimi, being in Japan is great

Best part about being Primal: I rarely get sick when I eat clean and I feel great

Worst part about being Primal: well when you live in Japan, rice comes with everything or it's breaded and deep-fried. Eating out is difficult.

Rebecca3133 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Ya'll. I'm Rebecca and I am working on becoming a primal gal.

Your location: I live in Denton Texas

Age (If you want): Ha! As if I would tell! Just kidding, I'm 32.

How Primal are you: Brand new to this, so maybe at 60 to 65 percent so far.

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Absolutely. No plans to give it up anytime soon.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I kicked my morning coffee out the door because I had this horrible habit of drinking it with non-dairy creamer and sugar. I now drink hot tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fatigue, weak back, mood problems, can't keep up with kids and not happy with my life in general. I want to be vibrant and healthy, not old and breaking down. I don't want to watch myself fall apart.

Favorite exercise: Right now, I'm liking the nice long, gentle walks. It feels good to get away from the no pain/no gain mentality. I'm looking foward to being able to resume more woodsy activities as I build my stamina. I've wanted to camp, hike, spend days at the lake with my kids but am often too tired.

Favorite Primal food: Fat. I love eating foods slathered in real fats.

Best part about being Primal: Knowing that I'm getting enough fruits and veggies. Not having a regimented fitness plan.

Worst part about being Primal: It's really hard to get away from certain comfort foods. I'm from the deep south too, so I can't see myself swearing off grits, or cornbread or chicken and rice forever and ever. But I am happy to limit my consumption. This has also been really hard on my kiddos, and I'm trying hard to change "their" diet more slowly than mine. So far I'm proud of the progress that I have made for myself as well as what I have provided for them. This is also an expensive diet! Hopefully next spring I can get into a house with a backyard and have more than just a few pots of herbs and such.

abhishek is offline Junior Member
    hello
    Me too new here.
    Name: abhishek
    India

phentanil is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ka'a'awa O'ahu Hawai'i

Age (If you want): 56

How Primal are you: Radical

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Felt shitty

Favorite exercise: Rope jumping

Favorite Primal food: Bloody rare wagyu

Best part about being Primal: Something new...something old.

Worst part about being Primal:56 years on this planet. Very primal. I consume what I find...and kill. I consume dairy.