Page 112 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6244

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 112

Debbie is offline Senior Member

Hi

Primal Fuel
    [QUOTE=timconradinc;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location: New York

Age (If you want): 47 years

How Primal are you: brand, spankin' new

Do you consume dairy: probably will continue with plain Greek yogurt 2x a week since I'm just wading in and will resume cream in my one cup of coffee a day

Do you drink coffee or tea: I usually have one cup of coffee and two of green tea, daily

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have been making huge strides in every area of my life, for the past 3.5 + years, to get back to me ... this was just next on the continuum

Favorite exercise: lifting or resistant stretching

Favorite Primal food: I don't really have a favorite ... I love fish and beef, and vegetables

Best part about being Primal: I always feel good after eating the *favorites* listed above ... happy, energetic, ready for what ever comes my way

Worst part about being Primal: I'll find out

Tahl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Right now, Colorado, but hoping to move to Oregon within a couple of years at most.

Age (If you want): 13,386 days (approx 36.6 years)

How Primal are you: Quite new, about 2 months or so, though I have eliminated grains, sugars, potatoes, beans, and most dairy.

Do you consume dairy: A bit of cheese here and there, but for the most part, no. However, I may reintroduce some occasional quality yogurt and will most likely start cooking with butter. I really miss my Starbucks hot chocolate, though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No coffee, some tea, mainly green but had a nice red tea tonight!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight loss and overall health and fitness. Plus I have a strong interest in fundamentals like civilization (and the problems it has created), evolution, etc. so Primality really speaks to me.

Favorite exercise: I know I'll be chastised for this, but Trail Running, especially lush forest trails. Though I'm currently only able to do about 6-7 miles, down from 10-12 a couple of years ago due to injury and subsequent weight gain and loss of overall fitness.

Favorite Primal food: Right now, it's a toss-up between bacon and salmon, though I'm hoping that will change as I branch out a lot as I get more Primal.

Best part about being Primal: It just seems right logically, philosophically, morally, and physically.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to be Primal in a non-Primal civilization, especially as a person who can't cook worth a damn at the moment, though I'm trying to learn. And the food choices are overwhelming in both good and bad ways. I've got a lot to learn, which is one of the reasons I'm so grateful for this community!

naches22 is offline Junior Member
    29 Live in Miami. Love a good grass fed steak. Favorite primal activity is sprinting and jumping.

tammyjoymccrea is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Hello from British Columbia, Canada!

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: Partial, going full for the 30-day Challenge.

Do you consume dairy: Small amounts: yogurt and cheese occasionally.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lover of coffee, weaning myself to a single morning cup. Green or herbal tea several times a week.

Motivator for switching to Primal: A few months ago I ate and moved primal for a month. I lost five pounds, felt lean and powerful, and had no desire for sweets. Most striking, though, was that I was free from the pain of an old shoulder injury, foot injury, and tendinitis. NO pain!

Favorite exercise: Yoga and bodyweight.

Favorite Primal food: Endless salad variations.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling better, looking better, and eating a lot of great food!

Worst part about being Primal: Getting out of the mindset of what is considered a standard way of eating. Also, cooking for my hubs and kids, not yet primal.

loneviking is offline Member
    Your location:
    Nevada

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    New to the completely primal idea. My diet over the years has been largely meat, vegetables and fruit with a fair amount of grains such as breads and hot breakfast cereal. Right now I'll be experimenting to see how primal I have to get to settle down the IBS and see what health effects there are. I'm guessing I'll be 80 to 90 percent primal in a few months.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, but very limited. Yogurt, a splash of milk in coffee and butter is it. Any other time milk is needed, I mix Rice and Almond milk and use that.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes to both.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Recently, after a colonoscopy cleaned out my digestive tract, I suffered a lot of cramping, bloating and overall misery. I have IBS and know that dairy can trigger my IBS so I made sure that I didn't use dairy for a week. After one week, I still had problems so bad I went to juice fasting one day a week to get the problems to stop. About the third week of juice fasting, coming off the fast I ate a bowl of hot, cracked wheat cereal and within half hour the cramping, bloating and pain returned. Well, seemed pretty obvious that it was time to remove wheat from the diet and see what happens---sure enough, when the wheat is gone, the IBS doesn't act up. So, time to get serious about a truly primal diet and that's how I found you folks!

Favorite exercise:
    Hiking in the mountains

Favorite Primal food:
    Salads and fish

Best part about being Primal:
    Not having your gut hurt!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Trying to explain to people what I eat and and having them go 'You're going to wreck your health!'

Mizu is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Newport News for now. Moving to the Azores Islands in a month and a half.

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: only been doing this for 2 weeks. So...as much as I can be?

Do you consume dairy: Yes mainly as cheese on my salads

Do you drink coffee or tea: I am a coffee adict...I drink about 8 cups a day most days. I cut back to 2 a day since doing primal

Motivator for switching to Primal: Umm..I am really fat?

Favorite exercise: Beach..anything. I have been haveing fun "Lifting Heavy Things" Ie my kids and running down the beach with them.

Favorite Primal food: Bison Steak...

Best part about being Primal: Energy levels are throught the roof

Worst part about being Primal: Can't sleep.

bill robey is offline Junior Member
    hi...my name is bill from scottsdale az......61 years young....halfway thru the book and seeing the big picture very clearly started 7 days ago...lost 10 lbs.......no milk for 30 years but butter and cheese but no more...have drunk silk but now use coconut milk....used silk for cereal....now no more cereal...coconut milk used for cooking.....do drink green and black organic teas [not baged] decaff black coffee sometimes. my motivator is a leaner body and longer healthyer life ....my favorite exercise is riding my 1949 beachcomber bike. fresh salmon and apples are my favorite primal foods.....my state of mind is the best part of being primal and that i can share it with others to guide them to a happier and healthyer life.....thanks mark and carrie for getting this truth out there and thanks for the picture of both of you on the back of your book....a picture is worth a thousand words....you both are beautiful examples of the the primal blueprint lifestyle......thanks again and God bless the heck out of the both of you........bill robey

Rachellynne Guest
    Your location: MA

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: no grains whatsoever.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, although I switched to greek yogurt and coconut milk for my fruit smoothies and have been buying organic whole milk to have with dinner.

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea everyday.

Motivator for switching to Primal: need to lose a substantial amount of weight and primal seems to be the way to go.

Favorite exercise: sprinting by far.

Favorite Primal food: BACON

Best part about being Primal: more energy, sleeping better, lost 7lbs in a week (water weight, but hey, it's a loss)!

Worst part about being Primal: getting the "you must be crazy" looks from family and friends.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill robey View Post
    hi...my name is bill from scottsdale az......61 years young....halfway thru the book and seeing the big picture very clearly started 7 days ago...lost 10 lbs.......no milk for 30 years but butter and cheese but no more...have drunk silk but now use coconut milk....used silk for cereal....now no more cereal...coconut milk used for cooking.....do drink green and black organic teas [not baged] decaff black coffee sometimes. my motivator is a leaner body and longer healthyer life ....my favorite exercise is riding my 1949 beachcomber bike. fresh salmon and apples are my favorite primal foods.....my state of mind is the best part of being primal and that i can share it with others to guide them to a happier and healthyer life.....thanks mark and carrie for getting this truth out there and thanks for the picture of both of you on the back of your book....a picture is worth a thousand words....you both are beautiful examples of the the primal blueprint lifestyle......thanks again and God bless the heck out of the both of you........bill robey
    Welcome. Just a heads up; you should use paragraphs instead of ellipses. It will make your posts easier to read and it will get you more replies.

L-D
    L-D is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Vancouver, BC

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: About 80%

Do you consume dairy: Not much, usually only if it's raw and grassfed.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Some herbal teas.

Motivator for switching to Primal: First I found out about the work of Dr. Weston Price. This was after experimenting with vegetarianism and experiencing things like weight gain and cavities. Primal was just the next logical step for me. I love the work the Weston Price Foundation does, but I just don't seem to miss grains, so why bother going through the effort to soak and prepare them . . .

Favorite exercise: Watersports. I also like biking and hiking. Prefer being in nature than a gym.

Favorite Primal food: Lamb, berries, salmon . . . and chocolate can be primal - right?

Best part about being Primal: Don't get hungry as easily and don't spend as much time craving certain foods.

Worst part about being Primal: The social aspect - such as figuring out how to politely decline well-meaning people offering me junk or "healthy" foods, and trying to order a salad from restaurants without canola oil in the dressing . . .