Simonge is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi!
    Just found PB today.

Whee! I'll jump in

Name: Simon

Your location: Hamilton, ON, Canada

Age (If you want): 42

How Primal are you: about 80% - I gave up gluten 4 months ago, so have been mostly off grains and all processed foods.

Do you consume dairy: very little - cream in my coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee with my cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've gone gluten free and mostly dairy free. Have also incorporated lots of raw food into my diet. This seems like the next step. I really like the exercise piece!

Favorite exercise: Has been running and push ups. Going to start working on pull-ups and chin-ups.

Favorite Primal food: nuts, especially almonds and avocado

Best part about being Primal: energy!

Worst part about being Primal: Every so often I am haunted by a really good bakery.

Ari
    Ari is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Currently; NC soon to Brooklyn...

Age (If you want): Old enough to sleep w/out a night light

How Primal are you: Guessing around 90+% No grains, no processed sugar, No legumes, no dairy (okay mostly), no tubers, and I do eat some nightshades (tomatoes, eggplant).

Do you consume dairy: I will occasionally have 1 scoop of protein with water from the GNC AMP line.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Mostly coffee, usually 1 large cup of caffeinated in the a.m. with Hawaj and about 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to be healthy, drop a few stubborn pounds.

Favorite exercise: bear crawls, tire flips, and FGB.

Favorite Primal food: Bison

Best part about being Primal: 1. Can almost eat unlimited healthy stuff 2. Meat + No grains = no Granola = No Hippies!

Worst part about being Primal: 1. Posting a diet journal and having everyone freak out i.e. "There's no fat in that!", "You eat fruits?! Do you want to get sick??!!", Nightshades aren't paleo!!!"
    2. Kosher meat is expensive!!! 3. Where do I find kosher fat? Getting the bison is hard enough as it is.

Pilgrim is offline Junior Member
    Hi. This is my first post here, though I'm not new to the Primal way of life. My husband and I have done it off and on over the past year or so.

Here are my answers:

The Questions:

Your location:

East Coast

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    at the moment - very

Do you consume dairy:
    only 1/2 c. yogurt daily to benefit my nursing toddler (helps her poo)

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    no

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    gotta lose weight for the reunion!

Favorite exercise:
    walking

Favorite Primal food:
    bacon

Best part about being Primal:
    not feeling hungry, losing weight

Worst part about being Primal:
    not being able to indulge in all the yummy munchies at various entertaining venues (fairs, pumpkin patch, etc.) But then, that's good too!

LiamAG is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Tennessee

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Never realized I've been partially primal my whole life. Not 100% primal, don't think I'll ever be. I'm too fond of wine and milk.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, just milk.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have a huge appetite, If I'm going to eat a lot I want it to be healthy.

Favorite exercise: Rugby

Favorite Primal food: Beef

Best part about being Primal: Easiest weight loss program in the world.

Worst part about being Primal: I do miss Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

deerhuntermichael is offline Junior Member
    Your location: CA

Age (If you want): 39, soon to be 40

How Primal are you: I was honestly surprised that I had been doing a lot of Primal Living - but just mixing up the bad so I wasn't really taking full advantage. So... 75%?

Do you consume dairy: I'm lactose intolerant too, but I occasionally like some cheese.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee. But not that "hey look I'm buying coffee in a coffee shop so I must be cool" kind of candy coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've had to face the fact that I'm pushing 40 soon, and I'm starting to feel myself slowing down. Which is bad because I won't be able to enjoy the things I do enjoy about my life, unless I take better care of myself.

Favorite exercise: I dislike exercise for exercise's sake, but I do get to do some running, and some hiking done. And when I can, some swimming as well.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon is always good. And steak. Please tell me venison counts?

Best part about being Primal: Meat and potatoes? Are you kidding me? What's not to like?

Worst part about being Primal: I used to be into a lot of chocolate bars, and sweets.
    Is deer hunting considered primal living?

crzydjm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieHawk View Post
    I wonder if there are any older fat folks (women) on these boards as it appears many are younger and strapping without many struggles.
    I would love to share and discuss our unique obstacles & triumphs with someone like myself. This is not meant to offend anyone, but for my own selfish success purposes, I could relate better to someone in a similar age range & body type. Thank you for your support.......

Your location: Tucson,AZ

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: currently around 40%, aiming for the 100% I was for 4 months.... 3 months ago! I lost my mojo, even though it was the best & healthiest I've felt in my entire adult life. Reclaiming it now with The Book and this web site.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, water processed decaf

Motivator for switching to Primal: My Chiropractor. Feel better,look better,live healthy

Favorite exercise:walking

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: Energy galore! and amazing sleep

Worst part about being Primal: No rolls or crackers or pasta... (recovering carb addict here)
    Hey there! I'm down in Sierra Vista; hope it's going well!
    Meet up with me at either @crzydjm or Facebook

My Primal Journal

stef is offline Member

Potatoes?

The Questions:

Your location: NYC

Age (If you want): You can't be serious.

How Primal are you: Pretty much, for the last month or so

Do you consume dairy: Trying to cut down.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Morning coffee, with milk

Motivator for switching to Primal: Gluten-free led me to it

Favorite exercise: Biking

Favorite Primal food: Rib-eye!

Best part about being Primal: Improvement in problems I know are inflammatory - rosacea, sinus problems, general random swelling.

My question: I have read much of this site prior to posting, including your research threads. I was led here after reading Gary Taubes' GCBC. My question: What is the problem with potatoes, aside from increased insulin? I can renounce grains, having left gluten behind six months ago with no regrets. Dropping the rest of the grain world has not so far been difficult. But why can't I have potatoes, aside from too much carbs/too much insulin? Are potatoes truly as detrimental as grains?

Thanks in advance, and I'd like to thank all of your for the extremely informative posts here. I've been bookmarking links all night.

KristenW is offline Junior Member
    The Questions:

Your location:

Chicago, IL

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:

Started 5 days ago and have had 0 grains or refined sugars. Hope to keep this permanent so that I can declare 100% primal.

Do you consume dairy: yes, goat milk with coffee, raw butter.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Organic decaf.

Motivator for switching to Primal:

Have been eating along the principles of Weston Price Fdn. for a few years so had the whole pasture rasied protien, raw dairy, few grains, no processed foods, etc...down pretty good but was still eating grains, beans, and sugar. Due to dermitis, decided to give up grains and sugar and found this website the next day. Bought the book and I'm totally onboard now. It was an easy switch since I was 80% of the way there already.

Favorite exercise: Walking

Favorite Primal food: Anything with raw butter, coconut oil or milk.

Best part about being Primal: Losing weight and feeling great!

Worst part about being Primal:

None

GrokGoddess is offline Member
    Your location: Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Age (If you want): 37 years young, mentally about 24

How Primal are you: about 80%, definitely no grains, legumes, sugar or derivatives of (esp artificial sweeteners). Buying the best meat I can, and am researching about buying half a grass-fed cow

Do you consume dairy: organic butter, cream, rarely cheese, never milk. If I can find some raw dairy in Queensland I will be so happy

Do you drink coffee or tea: one coffee with cream a day, but I only started that this week. try to drink green/herbal teas, but don't really like hot drinks

Motivator for switching to Primal: studying Naturopathy Degree and have been learning about Human Biology, and have been sitting there aghast finding out what sugar really does to the body, Even though I am currently the living embodiment of it. When I open my clinic in 3 years I hope to be an expert in Primal/Paleo/low carb lifestyles by then.

Favorite exercise: not doing any, but I want to like sprints, yoga and full push-ups.

Favorite Primal food: Organic Porterhouse steak, home-grown tomatoes, coconut oil (in my coffee)

Best part about being Primal: no more cravings, food is not on my mind constantly, cooking in Duck Fat

Worst part about being Primal: nothing so far, but I do wish I had a bigger oven that would fit a normal size baking dish.

msrachaelb is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I dig steak for breakfast.

Do you consume dairy: No, I'm lactose intolerant. But chocolate is the first thing to do me in.

Do you drink coffee or tea: No. Hot drinks are unappealing to me.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've dabbled with ketogenic diets for some time, was looking for the answer to a number of health issues, I tend to disagree with mainstream wisdom on most things.

Favourite exercise: Dancing crazy-like. But I'm also partial to lifting heavy things.

Favourite Primal food: Steak. Or bacon. Or bacon on steak.

Best part about being Primal: Simplicity. Taste. Vibrancy.

Worst part about being Primal: Getting food stuck in my teeth. But that's just life in general, right?