Page 110 of 620 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 6195

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 110

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Your location: South Dakota

Age (If you want): 25

How Primal are you: eh, who knows? somewhat, without trying (yet) I eat very little grain, have recently abandoned wheat (though I ate little of it anyway), and generally eat a lower carb, whole food diet (lots of animal fats included!)

Do you consume dairy: yes, though generally in the form of pastured butter, full-fat yogurt, cheese, and half&half. I have a low tolerance for lactose.

Do you drink coffee or tea: a recent convert to strong coffee (with half&half and a little sugar)

Motivator for switching to Primal: curiosity, and I'd like to shed ~20 lbs

Favorite exercise: it has been so long since I've intentionally exercised, I really couldn't tell you.

Favorite Primal food: tri-tip steak, slowly cooked on the grill

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal: I do love well-made bread. I'm sure the occasional slice of ciabatta, smothered in butter, will sneak into my diet (maybe once or twice a year).

Flexi is offline Member
    Hello everyone,

Your location: LONDON

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: just starting (0%)

Do you consume dairy: Yes - I love my cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf only

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want to be fit and healthy - needs lots more energy

Favorite exercise: NONE - currently drag myself to Powerplates

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: without carbs, there is a lot more veg on my plate

Worst part about being Primal: meat - as a recovering vegetarian I struggle to prepare meat, I simply didn't learn it. Also, I intensely dislike Chicken - it's so sweet. Having said that...a bar of chocolate is no problem at all.

Greetings from London
    Flexi

redtoycar is offline Member
    Your location: Rocky Mountain High

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: Probably about 75%. I'm still working through some frozen Amy's meals at lunchtime cause I hate to waste food!

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Full fat, moderate amts.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. About 16 oz/day of french press coffee, or a quadruple shot whole milk latte at the beginning of a work day (3 days/week)

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was having very frequent, VERY SEVERE debilitating migraines that were affecting my life in a horrible way. I ended up trying three different prescriptions, which worked most times, but had horrible side effects. I was also VERY fatigued almost all the time. I was fully aware this was due to the sugar roller coaster, but I just kept drinking coffee and eating junk food for the quick fix to make it through my days. Due to the migraines and lethargy, I was losing a LOT of quality of life. I was snippy and my chronic depression was coming back, after being off meds for a few years.

Favorite exercise: Running. I'll always love running. I guess this is the one part of PF that I won't be able to adhere to completely. I'm big and I'm slow, but I love it. It makes me happy.

Favorite Primal food: Avocados. Nuts.

Best part about being Primal: I haven't had a headache since I gave up the sugar! I started this thing on Aug 30. Not one headache and my energy level gets better and better every day. I'm no longer snippy and I've noticed a decrease in my anxiety level. I don't feel depressed.

Worst part about being Primal: Hard to get a quick fix while at work. I'm a nurse, and I have to plan ahead and pack a ton of snacks and food. I can't just hit the vending machine or the boss's chocolate stash when I need a pick me up anymore. I feel like a total dweeb sitting there wolfing down a handful of nuts and coconut!

Primitive Diva is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Houston, Texas

Age (If you want):I will be 45 in a few months

How Primal are you: My nickname should tell it all...."Primitive Diva" . I am a purist/naturalist and somewhat earthy, but still embrace my "girly" side :-)

Do you consume dairy: Only RAW but not very often

Do you drink coffee or tea: Seldom Coffee. More often Yerba Mate and Tea's

Motivator for switching to Primal: It was a natural evolution of allergies and intolerances to many grains and it makes me feel optimal in mind and body!

Favorite exercise: Barefoot hiking/running, yoga and cycling

Favorite Primal food: Grass Fed Beef---my own jerky recipe. I am a real foodie!

Best part about being Primal: So easy and I feel GREAT!

Worst part about being Primal:
    Hmmmmm......really cannot think of any negative!

sf40 is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Central Coast, CA

Age (If you want): 45

How Primal are you: fairly Primal, I think.

Do you consume dairy: on occasion: Greek yogurt, pastured butter, very little cheese

Do you drink coffee or tea: Lost interest in coffee, but drink herbal tea or decaf green tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health, especially pre-diabetes diagnosis in July. In truth, I have been gradually moving in this direction since early 2008, long before I had ever heard of MDA, Primal, or Paleo. Just wanted to eat healthier, whole foods, without a lot of processing. Still ate whole grains, though. Research following the pre-diabetes diagnosis led me here and I gradually reduced grains during much of August and decided to cut them a few weeks ago. My weight loss has been a wonderful side-effect.

Favorite exercise: Got burned on exercise after been a chronic cardio person. I like to ride my bike, hike the nearby trails, walk my neighborhood. I know I need to add some sort of strength routine, so will begin bodyweight exercises very soon.

Favorite Primal food: All of it! Love eating so many veggies. After being afraid of fat for so long, I love cooking with butter. Love eating meat without fat-fear (this, from a former vegetarian).

Best part about being Primal: I feel so much better: more energy and stable energy, mental fog has lifted, no more afternoon "crashes", skin is clearing up, looking forward to next lab tests. Not complaining about my weight loss.

Worst part about being Primal: I'll let you know when I find out. However, eating out can be difficult at times.

MarkP is offline Member
    Your location: MA

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: nope

Motivator for switching to Primal: healthier

Favorite exercise: sprint!

Favorite Primal food: bacon!

Best part about being Primal: tasty!

Worst part about being Primal: constipated!

Ruggerone is offline Junior Member
    The Questions: Not many nagging questions. I started on the Paleo Diet and hope to get the Paleo Solution and Blueprint from the library soon.

Your location: Madison, WI

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I am strict sometimes too strict which makes me cheat way too often

Do you consume dairy: very little cheese in eggs and such

Do you drink coffee or tea: down from 5 to 10 cups of coffee to one, now consume 3 to 5 cups of tea (green and earl grey)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Metobolic Syndrome X, diagnosed in 2001 5 years of research to get off a stupid pill.

Favorite exercise: lifting heavy things

Favorite Primal food: Chicken

Best part about being Primal: ENERGY

Worst part about being Primal: Pasta

CodeMonkey is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Ga -- Soon to be UT

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: Today, 90% -- Just started today though

Do you consume dairy: I don't crave it. I'm a bit lactose intolerant, though. I do like cheese. And, I like sweetened yoghurts -- which aren't primal anyway

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea - to kick a soda addiction

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've dropped about 80 lbs in the last year. And, I've done it with a lot of reading, exercising, and eating right. And, the more I study eating right, the more I get smacked in the face with raw foods, from all directions. I enjoyed the Atkins book, because he identified with the cave man, not being able to process carbs. It just seems right. Today, I'm starting the challenge because I need to drop about 20 lbs that I gained back after my loss.

Favorite exercise: bench is easiest, so, I avoid it and stick to hard ones -- I hate pullups, so, they are now my favorite

Favorite Primal food: eggs cooked in bacon grease . . . and steak

Best part about being Primal: I love meat and veggies

Worst part about being Primal: I have a huge sweet tooth

I am Grokette is offline Junior Member
    Hi there! This is my first post and I'm looking forward to going deeper into the forums!

Your location: Canada

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Quite primal, except I...

Do you consume dairy: Yes (I would have put 'very primal' if it weren't for this question, haha!)

Do you drink coffee or tea: A little coffee, lots of tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Research and success stories (read and real!)

Favorite exercise: Squats

Favorite Primal food: Seafood

Best part about being Primal: Other than eating the best food on earth, and no sugar crashes or cravings? Not having to do hours and hours of cardio, and feeling good? I'm afraid I can't pick just one thing.

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmmm... Probably being judged too quickly by others for being primal. If they don't have knowledge of primal, then they default to the "low carb is bad!" as a result of the Atkins craze. I'd rather they just accept that I truly believe that I'm doing something good for myself.

AnnieHawk is offline Junior Member
    I wonder if there are any older fat folks (women) on these boards as it appears many are younger and strapping without many struggles.
    I would love to share and discuss our unique obstacles & triumphs with someone like myself. This is not meant to offend anyone, but for my own selfish success purposes, I could relate better to someone in a similar age range & body type. Thank you for your support.......

Your location: Tucson,AZ

Age (If you want): 49

How Primal are you: currently around 40%, aiming for the 100% I was for 4 months.... 3 months ago! I lost my mojo, even though it was the best & healthiest I've felt in my entire adult life. Reclaiming it now with The Book and this web site.

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, water processed decaf

Motivator for switching to Primal: My Chiropractor. Feel better,look better,live healthy

Favorite exercise:walking

Favorite Primal food: eggs

Best part about being Primal: Energy galore! and amazing sleep

Worst part about being Primal: No rolls or crackers or pasta... (recovering carb addict here)