Page 109 of 601 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 6004

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 109

manofsteel is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    [QUOTE=timconradinc;280]In other forums I've been a member of in the past - at least for small communities - there's been a 'introduce yourself' thread with some questions that people can answer. I know that there are people reading this forum that are fully primal, partially primal, and are considering it. I thought that I'd put some questions together to cover these things just to get an idea of who's out there.

The Questions:

Your location:Qc Canada

Age (If you want):31

How Primal are you: I tried to be primal all the time, except for wrkt

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, but it's not the center piece of my food plan

Do you drink coffee or tea: Only coffee before training, and 2-3 green teas per day

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and energy level

Favorite exercise: chin-up

Favorite Primal food: Meat and eggs

Best part about being Primal: I' m no more a food slave. I can fast or skip a meal without problem

Worst part about being Primal: People think i'm crazy to not eat grain. So now I lie to someone and say i'm allergic to grain or gluten

Magness is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Madison, WI

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: Just starting, so not very at the moment.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Found your blog and liked what I saw.

Favorite exercise: LARPing (www.ifgs.org)

Favorite Primal food: Beef, lots of it.

Best part about being Primal: Not having the ridged and too frequent work outs.

Worst part about being Primal: I love me some bread.

kojo147 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dayton, Ohio (for college, I'm from Cincinnati)

Age (If you want):19

How Primal are you:I feel like I am fairly 100% primal with the occasional almond butter pigout(but hey that's my 20)

Do you consume dairy: No except butter

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea but very seldomly

Motivator for switching to Primal: Looking for ways to feel better and get healthier without having to think so hard about it

Favorite exercise: Deadlift, crossfit

Favorite Primal food: Pastured eggs

Best part about being Primal: Eating delicious food and not worrying so much about exercise but getting healthier. Plus getting to be a part of the awesome community at MDA!

Worst part about being Primal: My family thinks I'm crazy and it's harder to get food in college

P.S. Please let me know if there is anyone else out there is in the Dayton area!

Grizz is offline Banned
    I am 67 yrs YOUNG, from Yuma, Tennessee, 30 miles from Jackson, TN and just stated Primal 4 weeks ago.

No dairy, but we do drink black coffee & unsweet green tea.

Motivation: 220 lbs, 40 lbs of belly fat. We exercise at the gym 3 days a week, treadmill + elliptical cardio, and 1/2 hour weight training. We are still learning the Primal Foods, so no favorites yet.

Rapid weight loss averaging 1 to 2 lbs a week and no downsides.

We have given up trying to help others lose weight because they all think we are NUT JOBS to give up bread, cereals, grains & soda pop. They just don't want to hear such BLASPHEMY. Tennessee is one of the most OBESE states in the USA. Watching people enter Wal Mart is like looking at an OBESE parade. 3 out of 4 are overweight !

Do a GOOGLE of "Slow Burn Exercise" for our latest exercise discovery.
    * Dr. William Davis Explains: - Train with heavier weights, taking 4 to 10 seconds
    In a nutshell, it is the slow, methodical use of weight resistance until the muscle is exhausted. It involves slow movement--e.g., 5 seconds for a lat pulldown from top to bottom--repeated until exhaustion using a heavier weight that allows, 6 repetitions over a 60-second effort.
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/20...slow-burn.html
    * Video Demos
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nFE2CsHAk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYhjCRNHbgI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtdysvMycak&
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efTXh5OQg5U&

Grizz

rainbowfirefly is offline Junior Member

Smile Hello

Hi everyone...

Your location: Denver, CO

How Primal are you: brand new

Do you consume dairy: mainly butter, periodic yogurt or milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea mostly with the occasional cup of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: to help overcome my food addiction to grains, flours, sugars, etc and lose the weight I've gained since March

Favorite exercise: Since returning to school FT and working PT, there hasn't been much time for exercise. I will make a concerted effort to follow the PBF plan.

Favorite Primal food: I recently discovered cowboy burgers...yum! I also enjoy bacon and sausage and haven't allowed myself to have it for years.

Best part about being Primal: I look forward to the unfolding...

Worst part about being Primal: some Primal foods are costly

postermama is offline Junior Member
    Today is my first day for the primal challenge. I think I did well, however I'm hungry now and at a loss as what to eat, it's late and time to sleep.
    The Questions:

Your location:Texas

Age (If you want):61

How Primal are you:1 day old

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:both

Motivator for switching to Primal:Always tired and need to lose weight. I'm the only one in my family without diabetes and I'd like to keep it that way.

Favorite exercise: walking and riding a bicycle.

Favorite Primal food:beef

Best part about being Primal:Trying new things and learning how to prepare meals.

Worst part about being Primal:Not knowing what to do. (yet)

Kitty is offline Member
    Hi All,

I guess I should really add myself into this thread!

Here goes...

our location: London

Age (If you want): 31

How Primal are you: 99% [with a relapse in July/August that got me down to 70%] But back on it now 100% - The 99% is from eating out and not being sure if the oil is EVOO or any additions that may be slipped in by chef/friends.

Do you consume dairy: I have to stay away! After the 30 day I will allow myself some non pasteurized. I love Goat cheese and manchego

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea; green tea I LOVE

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weight gain and family history of diabeties, heart problems, Glucoma [sp], depression

Favorite exercise: Swimming and walking. Me and exercise sont have a great relationship so trying to fix that

Favorite Primal food: Oh so many. Rib eye [rare], lamb, avacado, bacon, roast pork... stop me, I could go on.

Best part about being Primal: Eating what you want, when you want. Feeling AMAZING, skin improvement, digestive, emotional, eye-sight!, so much

Worst part about being Primal: Realizing how many years you have pumped so much SHIT into your body. Literally being addicted to crap so bad that you suffer physical pain and never thinking that feeling crap was related to the food you are told are good for you [or thinking it and not wanting it to be true and feeling like a doughnut for it!]

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Texas

How Primal are you: 4th week, about 80%

Do you consume dairy: yes, i love cheese and milk

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes, both, plain, no sugar or cream

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm not sure I am "Primal" yet. My initial motivator to cut out beans and grains (which was my formerly one of favorite meals: beans and rice, with lots of salsa & peppers) was Joe Friehl's Paleo for Athletes. I found this website via MTBR.com on a thread about Paleo & cycling. In the first 2 wks, I've realized that no grains is good for me, and by now, 4wks later, I am really feeling better - no mood changes, no afternoon sleepiness, overall a little more energy.

Favorite exercise: Cycling (road & offroad), and jogging in VFFs

Favorite Primal food: Guacamole and canned herring (not together!)

Best part about being Primal: My energy level seems more even throughout the day & I like losing the bloat!

Worst part about being Primal: I miss my morning blueberry waffle! And giving up corn tortillas has made me a bit sad. Honestly, i haven't yet been able to give up beer.

Ellen is offline Member
    The Questions:

Your location: Sacramento, CA

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 95% now (have been 50%-80% for the past year)

Do you consume dairy: Not right now (1-2 month experiment for acne)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Tea sometimes, no coffee (stomach can't handle it after high school espresso abuse of 4-8 shots a night)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Major digestive issues (daily nausea, IBS symptoms), weight loss, getting healthy for future pregnancies/nursing

Favorite exercise: weight lifting and dancing -- went to many Ska/Punk shows in high school and that was the best workout.

Favorite Primal food: BAS!! I make a pretty crack-ish BAS

Best part about being Primal: Feeling full but not bloated and sick/sleepy after a hearty meal

Worst part about being Primal: Cooking everything from scratch! I absolutely love to cook and am pretty good/creative, but sometimes I just want to order/pick-up something once a week and knowing that most things out there are made with bad oils, hidden sugars and starches, and crappy quality base foods, just makes it unappealing. My crockpot is getting more and more use now because of the convenience factor!

Weinlum is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 22

How Primal are you: I'd say between 80-90%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely, but if I do it's yoghurt for dessert

Do you drink coffee or tea: Neither I prefer water

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mainly lose weight but most importantly to live a healthy lifestyle

Favorite exercise: Walking/Hiking

Favorite Primal food: Lamb chops :P

Best part about being Primal: Feel good, look good, live good.

Worst part about being Primal: Limited availability and short range of desserts, sometimes fruit and cream just doesn't deliver.