Page 105 of 620 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 6198

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 105

sarahd is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hello everyone, I've been reading Mark's newsletters and have had the Primal Blueprint for a wee while now so thought it was about time I joined the site. I'm not primal in any way right now but I admire how committed you all are and am fascinated by the benefits that people are reporting. I'm a nutritionist and fitness instructor, trained in the 'conventional wisdom' way of thinking, and have been vegetarian for over 20 years. I'm interested in exploring the primal way, possibly doing some research, although it will be baby steps for me as I can't quite imagine eating meat yet.

Your location: Dunbar, Scotland

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Not at all. I've just started following the Primal Blueprint fitness plan, and am giving up refined grains and sugar, but I'm not ready to give up my vegetarian diet yet. Giving up cake and cutting down on long runs is a big enough step for now.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: I'm a reformed tea-addict but still drink the occasional cup of tea or coffee.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Mounting evidence on the health effects of refined grains, along with a dip in enthusiasm for my marathon training, plus an inquisitive nature. I'd like to give it a try and see if it works for me.

Favorite exercise: Mountain biking, running and ashtanga yoga.

Favorite Primal food: All green veggies.

Best part about being Primal: I'll have to wait and see.

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know if I can force myself to eat meat. Or give up cake.

Hanna is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Sweden

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: I have been trying for a couple of weeks, and I would have to say about 70%?

Do you consume dairy: Yes. I may give it up later, but for now I'm keeping it

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have tried "everything". I am desperate. And I see your results!

Favorite exercise: Skiing

Favorite Primal food: Eggs!!!!

Best part about being Primal: Makes me feel good

Worst part about being Primal: Having to explain to endurance athlete boyfriend that I don't want spaghetti!

jaydiver is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Brussels Belgium
    Age (If you want): 44
    How Primal are you: started to transition 4 weeks ago and went serious 2 weeks ago
    Do you consume dairy: Yes! Cheese addict!
    Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. Coffee and Cream though have milk as a treat on Saturdays!

Motivator for switching to Primal: Decided to do triathlon and my friend's boyfriend Kenny gave me the book to read- it just made sense! Kenny into barefoot running too so is now my primal guru!

Favorite exercise: spinning!!!
    Favorite Primal food: Need you ask (cheese - well I know its not hard core primal but it is my favourate. Advocado/Bacon/strawberrys otherwise!

Best part about being Primal: It just makes sense - and it seems I can be moderate with it and still loose weight and feel good. I also like it is a food and exercise regieme not just one or the other of these. Also Ive been able to combine it with a triathlon exercise routine (sort of!).
    Worst part about being Primal: Not having milk in my morning expresso ritual and knowing I am eating a more cheese than I supposed to. sqats - they hurt too much - my physio says do not do them as they arent good for you! I will try less and see if I can ovoid aching knees!

FitGirl is offline Junior Member
    Your location: The Capital of Australia (no not Sydney or Melbourne unfortunately!)

Age (If you want): 27

How Primal are you: I'm 6 weeks in to being 95% primal

Do you consume dairy: Yes, I have raw milk in my smoothies and full fat greek yoghurt... Love aged cheeses as well!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love my tea, but have never been a coffee drinker

Motivator for switching to Primal: Personal training combined with calorie restricted eating plan wasn't working! This way of eating makes sense to me!

Favorite exercise: I love riding!

Favorite Primal food: Organic lamb chops from our farmer's market

Best part about being Primal: Being able to eat the best tasting parts of food guilt free... mmm pork belly!

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain to everyone why I don't want that bread basket (I unfortunately have a lot of work lunches!)

Rob_153 is offline Junior Member

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: Not very, at the moment.

Do you consume dairy: Very Little

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both. But I prefer coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of feeling sick all the time. Tired of laying around all the time. Tired of crap food that in turn makes me feel like crap.

Favorite exercise: Deadlift or Chin-Ups

Favorite Primal food: My friend and his family butcher their own cows. If I sweet talk him enough, he'll give me some steaks and ground beef. Mmmm.

Best part about being Primal: Haven't started yet, I just ordered my book yesterday, along with The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf. But I'd think it would be not having to count anything, I've had most success on low-carb.

Worst part about being Primal: I would think it'd be explaining over and over again to my Fiance why I can't eat the things she cooks =\, this could be tough.

Primal Babe is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Ontario, Canada.

Age (If you want): 36.

How Primal are you: I eat organic/grass fed/free range, I stick to fruits, vegetables & protiens. No processed foods whatsoever, and I don't 'stray' as I have food allergies. "Cheating" brings horrible side effects, so not worth it.

Do you consume dairy: Nope.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Herbal tea, a coffee here and there, but i'm cutting it out.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health & food allergies, gluten allergy.

Favorite exercise: Yoga.

Favorite Primal food: A nice, juicy grass fed steak.

Best part about being Primal: My skin is perfect and i'm nice & lean. No gastro issues, no bloating, etc...

Worst part about being Primal: Ummm... we may put grain farmers out of business one day?

Joe Grok is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Brisbane, Australia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Well, I'm pretty hairy...

Just getting started, but I've jumped in with both feet. I'm probably close to 80% primal with a few vices (sensible ones?) to weed out.

Do you consume dairy:
    I have cream in my coffee and occasionally cheese (not in coffee). Trying to ween myself off of those.

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Yes to both. Attempting to transition from coffee to green tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    Reading the book and becoming terrified of following the rest of my families path of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Favorite exercise:
    Deadlifts or anything involving a kettlebell.
    Also if it counts, when I'm healthy again (recovering from knee reconstruction) I'll be back to training Brazilian Jiujitsu and Judo five days a week... undoubtable my favourite activity in the world.

Favorite Primal food:
    Kangaroo

Best part about being Primal:
    Watching others around you and realising that you're on a higher plane of living.

Worst part about being Primal:
    Not being able to share what you know with others without them thinking you're a crash dieter.

Amanda Grok is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Brisbane, Australia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    I only started a few weeks ago so I'm not all there, but certainly on the way!

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes, but I'm trying to minimise the amount I have.

Yes to both, again trying to reduce it.

Being admitted to hospital because they thought I had blood clots..only to find out they think it was stress. Needless to say it was the type of scare I needed.

Favorite exercise:
    Judo or going for a walk in the great outdoors.

Favorite Primal food:
    Chicken salad

I feel healthy and I no longer get strange symptoms no one could diagnose.

My parents having no idea why I'm doing it, and still trying to figure out what I can snack on.

Monkey10001110101 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Southend-on-sea, Essex, UK.

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Although I feel better when I am eating primally I struggle to pass up the convenience of fast food and I binge on chocolate every time I feel stressed or overwhelmed.

Do you consume dairy:
    In short, yes!

I only drink green tea.

Using and fueling my body the way it's designed to be makes sense!

Favorite exercise:
    Tabata protocols, skipping and walking with my dog.

Favorite Primal food:
    Not sure yet.

Feeling healthy and energised.

Breaking the old default habits of fast food and comfort eating.

mary7 is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Sydney, Australia (just moved back here after 3 years in the UK)

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Just got started this week - going pretty ok so far!

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes - mostly just Greek yoghurt

Yes - lots of black coffee and the occasional tea (normally green or white tea)

Combination of wanting to lose weight and improve health in general.

Favorite exercise:
    I've just started crossfit and like it so far. I did a really good bootcamp in the UK before which I really enjoyed (despite the hideously early start in the morning!). I also like swimming.

Favorite Primal food:
    Steak

Feeling that I'm taking concrete steps to improve my health rather than just doing something faddish to lose weight

Trying to find suitable lunch food during the working week, much easier at the weekends when I can make lunch myself