Page 104 of 630 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 6300

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 104

theholla is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your location: Philly

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: 80% or so, considering going higher. I've been eating clean and lower carb for a while, which put me pretty close to primal to begin with. I can't digest red meat though, so I'm limited in those regards.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, but only cultured. I get organic, raw, grass-fed products whenever possible.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Very rarely, except for herbal teas in the winter.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I naturally seem to function best eating this way.

Favorite exercise: Working on my house, hiking

Favorite Primal food: Wild Alaskan salmon sashimi

Best part about being Primal: I can eat all of my favorite foods, and the ample fat helps me feel awesome even when I'm running a calorie deficit

Worst part about being Primal: Staying away from pastries during meetings at work

akashijam is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Akashi, Japan (near Kobe. Yes, Kobe beef Kobe. )

Age (If you want): 24

How Primal are you: Planning to go all out and do the challenge starting in September, but already about 85% primal. I was too excited to wait, haha.

Do you consume dairy: Yes, in small amounts. I love snacking on some good cheese every once and awhile, I can't cut it out completely.

Do you drink coffee or tea: At the moment I drink coffee maybe twice a week, and green tea every day. I could easily cut the coffee at anytime, but in Japan, green tea is a staple.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I've never really been a fan of sweet foods, and I love veggies, meat, nuts and berries anyway. At parties I would always hover around the veggie plate and shun the chips. However, in university I gained a lot of weight due to holding two jobs and plenty of studying, I had to keep a 3.5 GPA for a scholarship, so I was very inactive and ate some bad foods. Our dining hall had really bad choices if you wanted to eat healthy. Also, my favorite activities already fit pretty well into the primal lifestyle - I LOVE hiking, exploring, and cycling through nature. So I felt it would be pretty easy to slip into a primal diet since it wasn't too far off my personal preferences anyway, plus it would be a great way to take off the weight I gained in college. I also have some allergies, lack of energy (I teach kids, they zap it all!), and my knees have started to bother me, so I am hoping that this change in diet will help me out with those things too.

Favorite exercise: HIKING!! It's both physically and mentally appealing.

Favorite Primal food: Anything coconut. And chicken. Maybe, coconut chicken?

Best part about being Primal: I'm about to find out!

Worst part about being Primal: Losing my favorite food, pasta! But my mother makes a mean homemade spaghetti sauce and meatballs, which would be pretty simple to tweak to make primal, I think. I always liked the meatballs better than the pasta anyway!

Isfahel is offline Senior Member
    Your location: Fayetteville, AR

Age (If you want):29

How Primal are you: Pretty much 100%, though I do use some dairy/cheese/yogurt/kefir

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Fun, health, always wanted to because I know it's the best way to be

Favorite exercise:Everything

Favorite Primal food: Don't really have one yet, I'm a lifetime vegetarian going primal so that part is hard. So far in the last week I've had my first hamburger, my first chicken fahita's, and my first taco meat.

Best part about being Primal: Lots of energy

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to explain it to people

thyme2play is offline Junior Member

Red face

Hi, my name is Laura, I have already lost weight in 5 weeks I have switched to this plan and need to lose 40-60 more lbs. Although, I have "dieted" before and have come to the conclusion as Mark did that eliminating all grains is the way to go. And plan to call this my way of life for living and not a "diet" in the CW way of "just to lose weight."

To all the women on here (good for men, too despite the name), I also recommend Geneen Roth's book "Women Food and God." Not a paid endorsement, just an additional tool I continue to find helpful on a daily basis. It's not a religious book nor is it a diet book. It would be a great primer reader for someone before reading Primal Blueprint.

Your location: Alexandria, VA

Age (If you want): 40

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: the 1%: heavy whipping cream I whip up with scant amt of splenda to eat with fresh berries (especially blueberries) for a cool summer treat. Also, butter and small amt half n half for coffee. It's rare though. Haven't had butter in 3 weeks, use coconut oil now for my scrambled eggs and rarely drink coffee anymore..since before Primal.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Trader Joe's Green Tea with Mint...no sweetners. It's my "morning coffee" and switch to water mid-day thru night.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Overweight, done with feeling bloated after eating grains, want to be healthiest I can be.

Favorite exercise: Right now...walking and light trail hikes.

Favorite Primal food: blueberries, cucumber with lemon pepper sprinkled on top, roasts.

Best part about being Primal:
    Abundance of energy, better sleep, mental clarity (I am a pediatric RN, so that is a good thing), no more IBS-like symptoms after lunch while at work, no more pre-jitters or post-coma after grains/sugar. NO CRAVINGS! Even without the weight loss, I would/will continue with this way of life just for eliminating all of the above.

Worst part about being Primal:
    None.
    Well, watching my co-workers count points and eat nonfat yogurt or their bagel and nonfat cream cheese or pasta laden frozen dinner whilst talking about how tired they are......I cringe. Meanwhile, THEY cringe as I eat my rotisserie chicken salad with lots of fresh fat-laden advocado chunks, fat-laden black olives and lemon olive oil all over it. But they're skinnier than me so maybe after I pass them up they will ask what I am doing.

whiteblackred is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago, IL

Age (If you want):25

How Primal are you: 78%

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Black coffee about 4 times a week

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want health/fitness that is sustainable, reliable, and enjoyable

Favorite exercise: Deadlift

Favorite Primal food: #2 Skirt Steak

Best part about being Primal: Waking up

Worst part about being Primal: Giving explanations

kcult is offline Senior Member
    Hello,

My name is Troy.

Your location: South Carolina

Age (If you want): Soon to be 42

How Primal are you: Could be more Primal.

Do you consume dairy: Cheddar Cheese, Butter, Half & Half

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee with the Half & Half

Motivator for switching to Primal: Tired of the fat and the jokes that go along with it.

Favorite exercise: Not really moving much right now.

Favorite Primal food: Not much beats a Ribeye or Venison filet from the grill.

Best part about being Primal: The results and my attitude.

Worst part about being Primal: Trying to get the rest of the family on board, especially the kids.

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Your location: AK, USA

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 90%

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: to keep my job and to get healthy

Favorite exercise: dumbbell thrusters

Favorite Primal food: steak

Best part about being Primal: I can eat lots of food and still be healthy

Worst part about being Primal: dealing with ignorance.

Savage is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone!

I'm so glad I found this site

I'm a country girl and I share my life with my DH, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 ponies, 2 budgies and we will soon be joined by chickens and a rooster for beautiful farm fresh eggs now we are out of town.

The Questions:

Your location: Australia, just a little out of an itty bitty country town

Age (If you want): A lot younger than my DH

How Primal are you: Just beginning, trying to be grain free at least 2 out of 3 meals a day and only Primal snacks. Going well so far, only started a few days ago lol

Do you consume dairy: At the moment, love good quality cheese though I only eat a little bit

Do you drink coffee or tea: At the moment, investigating if that is causing my headaches

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lose weight, gain health. I am obese and I want that to change. I am also extremely strong and I don't want that to change. I want to lose the fat dieting can't seem to shift while keeping/increasing my lean mass which I've been told I can't do if I want to lose weight. (Hu? CW fail!)

Favorite exercise: Biking with my younger dog. Can't beat that doggy grin

Favorite Primal food: Salad with steak/chicken/fish/eggs etc. I love my salads lol

Best part about being Primal: Ditching the CW of strictly limited meat and the guilt trips if I 'over eat' it.

Worst part about being Primal: Smelling DH's hot buttered toast in the morning.... Mmmmmm toast!

EuroJewel is offline Junior Member

Smile Hello everyone!

Your location: Netherlands

How Primal are you: Extremely 99%. Since being diagnosed with Graves-Basedow disease and post radiation I find I feel better eating Primal!!!

Do you consume dairy: Never, well not intentionally

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, black espresso and Tulsi teas

Motivator for switching to Primal: More energy, body image, clearer thinking, age defying...

Favorite exercise: cross trainer, walking

Favorite Primal food: hmmmm, A juicy steak!

Best part about being Primal: I look better and better as I age.

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out with non-primals

Xfitter is offline Member

So the Journey Begins....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Location - Louisiana, USA
    I'm new to this coming off of trying the blood type diet with little success. I'm a type O, so I've been doing the meat and veggie thing as well as purchasing organic, locally grown food. I had still been including quinoa, wild rice and legumes. I've been doing CrossFit for 2 months now and have gained lots of muscle but am not seeing the fat reduction that I'd like. Many of the Crossfit boxes (gyms) are paleo or primal practitioners. Mine encourages the Zone Diet. I purchased the Primal Blueprint last night and read it. Today I start my Primal journey.