Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6204

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 103

Trinationsgal is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hi All

Just started eating primal yesterday

Your location: Melbourne, Australia

Age (If you want): 37

How Primal are you: Not sure yet. Just started yesterday.

Do you consume dairy: Yes.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes. At least 2 cups of coffee OR tea a day with a little milk.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Lifestyle change and preparation for motherhood. Want to lose those kilos that I have been trying to lose for the last 20years!

Favorite exercise: Cross trainer & Walking

Favorite Primal food: Bacon

Best part about being Primal: Not feeling guilty every time I put food in my mouth.

Worst part about being Primal: Fogginess starting to set in.

I am still waiting for my Primal Blueprint book to arrive so I can read about the science behind the practice. However, I have started to eat Primal after getting a few tips from my sister who has had success with this way of eating.

Have a small favor to ask. Could any of you seasoned primal eaters please take a look at what I have been eating and advise if I am on the right track?

Day 1
    Breakfast - Coffee with coconut oil, cream and cinnamon. Bacon and Eggs
    Lunch - Greek salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spanish onion, olives, feta, olive oil & red wine vinegar dressing)
    Dinner - grilled lamb chops and flat mushrooms (stuffed with creme fraiche, parmesan, lemon)

Day 2
    Breakfast - Coffee with coconut oil, cream and cinnamon. Bacon and Eggs
    Lunch - Nicoise salad (lettuce, spanish onion, tomato, olives, green beans, tuna, boiled egg & olive oil and mustard dressing)
    Dinner - chicken curry with cauliflower rice

Thanks heaps for you help.

welshdentist is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Surrey, UK

Age (If you want):34 (how did that happen? )

How Primal are you:100% today , aim is to carry on that way

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or teaccasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: I always knew that there was a better way of eating, this seems so natural. I read The Diet Delusion a few years ago, just didn't know how to do this. I am very overweight so this seems to be the best way.

Favorite exercise:Sprints

Favorite Primal food:Bacon

Best part about being Primal:Feeling the Primal GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Worst part about being Primal:I like Guiness

Primal Onahill is offline Junior Member
    My Location: Vermont, USA

My Age: 43

How Primal Are You? 95% or so. An occasional beer or slice of pizza. And Birthday Cake on Birthdays.

Do you consume dairy? Yes, always full fat.

Do you drink coffee or tea? Yes, I drink a couple cups of coffee a day, and sometimes green tea.

My Motivator for switching to Primal? Mostly weight control. It was getting harder and harder to lose the winter 10lbs. And the 10 was becoming 15.

Favorite Exercise? Baseball, hunting, snowboarding, lifting heavy things, sex

Favorite Primal Food? Our first grass fed beef.

Best part about being Primal? Staying slim and feeling great while seldom being hungry.

Worst part about being Primal: No chips. Hunting and Gathering on the road.

amandatea is offline Member
    Your location: Toronto area, Canada

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: I don't really know how to answer this, I just started this a few days ago but i love it so far! I have tried to stop eating carbs completely... Once in a while i'll have a sandwich - bread - or, right now i'm eating chocolate covered raisins. I haven't really had much bread/cake/chips/junk food/rice/grains for a while so becoming primal is pretty easy so far (This is mostly thanks to seeing the film, Fat Head by Tom Naughton)

Do you consume dairy: Yes. Not a ton but i have been more into cheese and yogurt lately. Not big on Ice Cream and I never cared for drinking Milk in general. Other than those products, it depends what it is and how it's used.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I've never been that into coffee or tea. I will have an occasional coffee if i have to get up really early for some reason - and that is maybe 3 times a year. Tea, i go through phases. I do get Iced Cap's (from Tim Hortons') once a week sometimes.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I found it by chance on Stumble and i have been interested in getting in shape and eating healthier. I saw the page titled "It's time to get Primal" or something like that and i was hooked.

Favorite exercise: I really like any type of weight lifting.

Favorite Primal food: I don't know... any kind of meat really. Meat is delicious. I also really like eggs. I have a lot of food exploring to do though.

Best part about being Primal: Health and feeling/looking awesome - future thing for me

Worst part about being Primal: I don't know yet. I guess not eating junk food. But that's not a huge loss. I can take it!

flowerfire1977 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Kentucky, US

Age (If you want): 33

How Primal are you: 80% (I think--new to this!)

Do you consume dairy: limited (just in my coffee and thinking of switching to coconut milk)

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and green tea (one coffee per day)

Motivator for switching to Primal: energy, enhance weight loss and health

Favorite exercise: Zumba! (I'm an instructor-- not primal, I know, but it's done great things for me. And it's not "chronic cardio" and does involve body weight!" Thinking about shovelglove. Walking.

Favorite Primal food: avocado

Best part about being Primal: stable energy without sugar crashes (Need to be longer term before I understand other benefits)

Worst part about being Primal: finding quality protein (not into shakes and fake stuff and I used to be a vegetarian, so cooking meat still has me a bit squeamish. Sorry, but it's true!)

Megaman is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Dartmouth NS

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Beginning so just starting out!

Do you consume dairy: I do, I enjoy cream in my coffee!

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and way too much sometimes!

Motivator for switching to Primal:Interested in living a healthy lifestyle, staying healthy and feeling good.

Favorite exercise: Have gone through P90X, now I mostly do a hybrid mix of chins,pulls, dips and push ups with some dumbell work. For cardio I enjoy jumping rope, bike rides, lots of walking and am just getting into sprinting!

Favorite Primal food: MEAT lol

Best part about being Primal: Health

Worst part about being Primal: Cravings

moa hunter is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Canterbury NZ

Age (If you want): 58

How Primal are you: Learner

Do you consume dairy: yup

Do you drink coffee or tea: both

Motivator for switching to Primal: health and fitness

Favorite exercise: lately, road cycling

Favorite Primal food: steak. I grow my own.

Best part about being Primal: Laughing at lipid profiles

Worst part about being Primal: getting rid of grains... I love my organic sourdough.

I am totally intrigued by the idea that if I use the Polar a little differently, I might get better results.

TriGirl is offline Member
    Hi everyone, no stalking around in here anymore!

Name: Lonnie

Your location: Denmark

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Talking food I'm probably working my way up to app 80%, talking excercise not really since I do triathlon and that doesn't really fit the profile.

Do you consume dairy: No - but occasionally I'll have an ice cream to treat myself.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both

Motivator for switching to Primal: Getting to feel better since I can't really stomach grains, milk etc. Also would like to drop a few pounds

Favorite exercise: Running, biking and swimming

Favorite Primal food: Well since I started using www.paleoplan.com I can't really just say one thing since I'm trying out new dishes all the time. But almond butter is definitely high on the list.

Best part about being Primal: Feeling great all around, having plenty of energy, no slumps after lunch at work, trying out new things.

Worst part about being Primal: Well I'm not supposed to run, bike and swim

So I'm adopting a modified primal/paleo lifestyle - and taking a late challenge from monday and four weeks on. Since I hate walking I'll let running, biking and swimming be my walking (but no endurance just normal workouts) and I'll incorporate sprints and strength training in my routine. I know this isn't primal, but hey isn't primal also about doing the things you love?

Nossar is offline Member
    Hi, sorry for not filing in there first:

The Questions:

Your location: France

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: Starting

Do you consume dairy: Yes (we've got so many wonderful cheeses here in France, about 400 I'd say)

Do you drink coffee or tea: no, never, only infusions

Motivator for switching to Primal: recovering back my health, stopping constant medication

Favorite exercise: crunches (or maybe I make a mistake with the words)

Favorite Primal food: bananas (Am I wrong there?)

Best part about being Primal: feeling better

Worst part about being Primal: no cheese!!!

lbt
    lbt is offline Member
    Your location: Alabama

Age (If you want): 32

How Primal are you: about 80% (though vegetarian, but still eat fish)

Do you consume dairy: not much, it doesn't seem to like me....which kills me because I was hoping to use greek yogurt to up daily protein intake

Do you drink coffee or tea: 2 cups of coffee in the am

Motivator for switching to Primal: trying this completely "no carb" thing, which before I was pretty low carb (only oatmeal in am) and finding I wasn't getting enough fat in my diet

Favorite exercise: pilates

Favorite Primal food: nuts (they do make everything better) and avocado

Best part about being Primal: no bloating!

Worst part about being Primal: getting rid of my oatmeal and the initial headaches