Page 101 of 620 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6200

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 101

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Will play:

How primal? 80/20. Concentrating on whole foods. Beer is a niggling vice
    Dairy: a little. Mostly cheese and cream, occasional whole milk.
    Coffee/tea. Scads of green tea, coffee 3-4 times weekly

Motivator to switch: started as experiment after reading Mark's grain guide. Dropped some pounds, lowered my blood pressure
    by thirty points, and improved my lipid profile, and....I wa off!

Favorite exercise: tie between yoga and squats.

Favorite primal food: grass fed ground beef.

Best thing about primal: everything

Worst thing: nothing.

JoanE is offline Junior Member
    Hi - I'm Joan, mother of 1. I want to be fit, and have found great info. on this blog.

Your location: Central MA

Age (If you want): 54

How Primal are you: not very

Do you consume dairy: a little milk with my coffee, some cheese on occasion, a yogurt here and there.

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes - both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: this blog

Favorite exercise: cross country skiing

Favorite Primal food: shellfish

Best part about being Primal: don't know yet

Worst part about being Primal: I love bread and oatmeal

genesisdebryn is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Casper, WY/ Salem, OR (during the school year)

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: Just starting! My mom is a real foods nut, so that helps a lot, but the grains, legumes and sugar could be less consumed.

Do you consume dairy: Only raw dairy, and not very often.

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea, on occasion, usually with coconut oil if I am hungry, but don't want to eat.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I want a lifestyle I can maintain as I get older and still look great!

Favorite exercise: Hiking and exploring new places.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon.

Best part about being Primal: Energy!

Worst part about being Primal: I love cashews.

expatjim is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, this is me. looking forward to being a part of the forum.

Your location:Madrid, Spain

Age (If you want):35

How Primal are you:varies but i would say mostly >80%. still have a croissant in the mornings and the occaisional piece of liquorice...

Do you consume dairy:Yes. Lots.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Yes. Lots of both.

Motivator for switching to Primal:uneven energy swings during the day. wanting know what i should/should not be eating.

Favorite exercise:squats or lunges but starting to enjoy sprints now

Favorite Primal food:steak

Best part about being Primal:i get to eat what i like

Worst part about being Primal:my wife not being on board and complaining that i am now too picky

KettleBellHack is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Chicago

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: 50% Soon to be 110%

Do you consume dairy: Rarely

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee and Tea.

Motivator for switching to Primal: It's seems enjoyably hardcore and is lifestyle driven as opposed to other programs that are "diets" or "deprivation" type plans, which do not work well when you also lift heavy.

Favorite exercise: KettleBell Swing. I am a KettleBell Swinger. :-)

Favorite Primal food: Almonds & Blueberries.

Best part about being Primal: Letting your body do the work and listening the it's ques'

Worst part about being Primal: Low carb Love my Kashi!

DeeH528 is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Southern Maine - in the woods

Age (If you want): 50

How Primal are you: just learning so not sure - just bought the book today

Do you consume dairy: butter (dairy?), just started fitnessspotlight.com 30 day detox on Monday so am off other dairy at the moment

Do you drink coffee or tea: green tea only - missing iced coffee right now

Motivator for switching to Primal: Have been on South Beach for 3.5 years - lost 40 pounds. Had surgery Jan 2008 and was given TONS of antibiotics and stalled hard. 20 pounds have inched back on - not because the plan didn't work but I got discouraged when I couldn't break the stall. I started eating more and more questionable foods - whole grains got me! I really want to get off artificial sweeteners which SB heavily relies on. Need a new start - this sounds pretty good so far!

Favorite exercise: Weight machines: leg extensions etc

Favorite Primal food: For now I'll go with steak

Best part about being Primal: ??

Worst part about being Primal: Gonna be hard to give up fruit - at least in the summer

Donii_Mann is offline Junior Member

G'day

Your location: Tasmania.

Age (If you want): 43.

How Primal are you: Getting there.

Do you consume dairy: No.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Makes sense.

Favorite exercise: Sleeping.

Favorite Primal food: Fish.

Best part about being Primal: I'll get back to you on that one.

Just got the book (PB) yesterday. Have read several chapters. Basically I'm a bibliophile who is devoting one bookshelf to what I call 'work books'. Everything else is reference. The workbooks are those I'm keeping out to help me rebuild my life. PB is one of my new workbooks.

I'm a low-self esteem couch potato who researches before activity and therefore never gets anything done. Until, strangely, recently. It seems I hit some kind of critical mass and now everything is falling into place. PB is an important part of the emerging strategy.

Karma is offline Senior Member

8 weeks to D-day

I have 8 weeks to turn this ship around and get some noticable results. I'm in the running for the opportunity to learn from the best while gunning for USAT level II coaching certification at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs. I don't want to make a mockery of myself with my 5'8" frame lugging around 165 pounds amongst the cream of the crop during our practical exams in the pool. Swimsuits don't lie.

Your location: Northern, CA

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 100% as of today

Do you consume dairy: yes, in small quantities.

Do you drink coffee or tea: decaf coffee and herbal tea mostly. Caffine when I race.

Motivator for switching to Primal: About 10 family members have died of Cancer, my mom was just diagnosed for the second time on 15 years.

Favorite exercise: I love hiking with my dogs in the Lake Tahoe basin.

Favorite Primal food: Oysters

Best part about being Primal: Knowing I'm eating the best of the best.

Worst part about being Primal: Having to curb my love of beer.

Webby is offline Member
    Hello everyone. Thought I'd stop lurking and introduce myself!

Your location: North Cornwall, UK

How primal are you: Given the amount of butter I eat, and the occasional slip-up, its probably 80/20. Don't eat much organic, but very lucky to have a decent butcher and greengrocer (they love me!) on my doorstep- lots of locally sourced, seasonal produce- its the best I can do on my budget. I've been working towards this WOE for a few years now, e.g eating "proper food", minimal processed or packaged stuff. Cut out wheat (for the most part) about a year ago. Its just taken a while to re-wire the brain, finally get strict on grains and vegetable oils, and fit it all together.

Do you consume dairy: Lots of butter. Milk in hot drinks, but generally dairy doesn't agree with me.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, but looking to cut them out (I have a tendency to drink too much).

Motivator for switching to Primal: I just wasn't thriving on a conventional healthy diet- I couldn't understand why I struggled with day-to-day living, and there was always 'something' up with my body. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about a year ago, and that has been the main motivation to move to the next level. I was very dissatisfied with CW 'solutions' and wanted something more holistic and sustaining. I started to do lots of research and experimentation with my diet- I got here by trial and error- and it just works.

I had struggled to maintain full-on Primal until discovering Mark's blog. Just finished reading the book, and it resonates with me and what I am trying to achieve. I'm able to see where I've been going wrong- and where I am right! Upping the sat fat intake has helped massively. Just got to do a bit more tweaking.

Favourite exercise: Walking and playing with my kids (they are mini-Groks!)

Favourite Primal food: All of it- I'm a complete foodie.

Best part of being Primal: Finally listening and responding to what my body is telling me- and its rewarding me in spades. Going primal has alleviated lots of my fibro symptoms, but I wasn't expecting to look or feel THIS good- just about all the benefits that other people talk about, I experience.

Worst part about being Primal: Wondering what to give my kids for packed lunch! We've tended to be very primal at home (we all eat the same food), and allow grains for the kids school lunches. But knowing what I now know, I've decided to be much stricter with their diet too.

I try not to get too frustrated living outside of the mainstream and all the annoyances that come with it- but nothing will convince me to go back, so I'm working on being proud and confident of my decision (I'm plagued with not wanting to be a nuisance to anybody). At the end of the day, its my body and its my responsibility to take care of it- I don't have to suffer if I don't want to!

On the whole though, I'm lucky that I have friends and family that are generally respectful of my lifestyle choices (even if they don't always agree and sometimes forget and bring me some gorgeous homemade cake. We're big on HM baked goods!). My doctor is open to the idea that grains are dodgy for some people, even if they aren't fully allergic. People see for themselves how well I and the family are - just wish I could convince them to do the same!

I've joined the forum, 'cause it'll be nice to share all this with others who "get it", to come somewhere for mutual support and encouragement, and to continue building on the foundations I've laid.

Looking forward to the Primal challenge and bringing it all together. Next I want to introduce some sprinting and learn to do pull ups!

Webby

r_squared02 is offline Member
    Hello! Another newbie here, I've been lurking for some time and decided to jump on in!

Your location: Springfield, IL

Age (If you want): 35

How Primal are you: about 80%

Do you consume dairy: Yes, more than I should, that will be a tough one for me!

Do you drink coffee or tea: No to coffee, yes to some tea here and there, mostly herbal.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I joined a Crossfit Gym - our trainer mentioned it and gave us a link to MDA. I started reading and liking what I read, so I bought the book...liked what I read more. My family is full of heart disease, cancer. My own little nearly 8 year old girl has high cholesterol, which scared me. A lot. Mine has always been high, even though according to CW, we eat the right things.

Favorite exercise: Running. I'm guilty of chronic cardio, but I love it. I'm really digging Crossfit too. I'd never really lifted weights before - it's so empowering to figure out the things your body can do.

Favorite Primal food: Steak

Best part about being Primal: When my sister said, I totally think you're crazy every time you take the bread off your burger, but then I look at the scale and think maybe you're not so crazy, lol.

Worst part about being Primal: Gotta cut down on the beer!