Page 100 of 635 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200600 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 6344

Thread: Obligatory forum Introduce yourself thread page 100

Primal Fuel
    Your location:
    Tasmania, Australia

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Not 100% primal yet, perhaps about 75-80%. I'm aiming for 100%, though.

Do you consume dairy:
    Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:
    Recovering coffee drinker. I've switched to black tea, and I'm trying to convince myself that green tea is okay...

Motivator for switching to Primal:
    There's a few things which prompted me to switch. We have a fairly long family history of heart problems, which I'm not keen to continue. I also seriously need to lose weight, and increase my fitness level.

Favorite exercise:
    Hiking and mountain biking.

Favorite Primal food:
    I don't think I can pick a favourite, I've not found anything primal that I haven't loved yet...

Best part about being Primal:
    Not being hungry all the time, effortless weight loss and being able to skip a meal without suffering from a headache.

Worst part about being Primal:
    The only minor problem I've had is the fact that my mother keeps on trying to convince me that I shouldn't just give up a whole food group (grains), and that I need to go back to a standard diet, as the primal one is somehow unhealthy.

LowCarbPrincess is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Perth, Australia

Age (If you want): 29

How Primal are you: Not quite sure... as primal as I can be - maybe I would like to go more primal.

Do you consume dairy: Yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes (but without sugar and/or sweeteners)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Wanted to stop feeling tired everytime I ate pasta or (pho) noodles!!!
    And also wanted to lean up

Favorite exercise: I go to the gym at least 3 times a week.

Favorite Primal food: Bacon, dark chocolate, coconut cream, chicken, beef, cauliflower - anything not carby!!!

Best part about being Primal: I feel great! and I still get to enjoy delicious foods without feeling like crap.

Worst part about being Primal: Not being able to eat anything that is served at parties - normally processed crap.

ursprung is offline Junior Member
    Newbie!

So here it goes:
    I'm in Chicago
    I'm pushing 40... unfortunately it's pushing back
    I'm pretty primal when it comes to food... the workout is a bit different (for now)
    Yes, I eat dairy
    I do NOT drink coffee or tea
    Switched to primal for health and weight loss reasons
    Favorite exercise is probably swimming
    Favorite primal food.... hands down: fish
    Best part about being primal: I was able to give up some prescription meds I was taking , and I feel so much better!
    Worst part about being primal: Eating out, going to parties, football season (what do you eat and drink when the only thing out there is chips, beer, burgers and brats full of fillers?

Leonidas is offline Junior Member
    Hi everyone, hard to believe I just discovered these forums after reading MDA daily for the last 5 months.

Your location: Princeton, NJ, a student at the local university

Age (If you want): 21

How Primal are you: I stay primal for the most part - about 50% of my daily calorie intake comes from fat, I fast fairly regularly, I stick to grass fed locally farmed meat when possible (kinda hard during the school year though), but it's hard to give up my two biggest vices, cheese and beer.

Do you consume dairy: Sometimes, maybe once or twice a week. Life without manchego and chaumes is no life at all. When I consume cheese, its always aged, high quality stuff though.

Do you drink coffee or tea: I drink tea as an occasional treat, not a big fan of coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: I was a varsity basketball player in high school, used to train in the offseason by running 6 miles in ankle weights and a weighted vest 3 times a week in basketball sneakers on concrete. That combined with basketball season left me with an inordinate amount of knee, lower back, and ankle problems for a 19 year old, but yet when I didn't do this I gained weight really quickly. Then I attended the 21 Convention in 2009 and got introduced to primal, decided to give it a shot. Long story short, it's worked great for me, I'm in great shape.

Favorite exercise: Pullups or squat jumps

Favorite Primal food: Meatza - pizza with meat as the crust. Not strictly primal because of the cheese, but really a satisfying meal.

Best part about being Primal: Being in great shape while working out less than 1 hour per week is one. The other is that I find that I can focus much better on an empty stomach, so the fact that I can go a whole day without eating at just about anytime without losing my mind has done wonders for my productivity.

Worst part about being Primal: Feeling sick whenever I make occasionally eat some sushi or dinner at a flatbread place.

Fitzbill is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London, UK

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: I don't really know!

Do you consume dairy: About three times a week, I have cheese on crackers for lunch. I rarely drink dairy milk, though, it's always soy.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Never but I am partial to D Coke..

Motivator for switching to Primal: I have always been fit as a fiddle but I seem to be about 10 pounds heavier than I want to be (and was for about 20 years). Marriage and cold weather are not good for staying slim!

Favorite exercise: At the moment, I play squash three of four times a week.

Favorite Primal food: I have always been a fan of red meat, preferably roast lamb.

Best part about being Primal: We shall see.

Worst part about being Primal: See above!

Jason Hudson is offline Junior Member
    Your location:
    Cleveland, OH

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Not too primal. I'm just getting into it. I've started to cut out sweets and flour. Moving from Crossfit to PBF.

Do you consume dairy:
    Oh yeah.

I've weened myself down to a single cup of coffee in the morning. Tea here and there.

Primal Blueprint Fitness. It really resonated with me.

Favorite exercise:
    Walking.

Favorite Primal food:
    Grilled pineapple.

Less time working out, more time playing.

Nothing so far! I'm still in the honeymoon phase.

crzydjm is offline Member
    Your location:
    Sierra Vista, AZ (Near Tucson)

Age (If you want):

How Primal are you:
    Just starting out; having too many cheats and not enough discipline at this point

Do you consume dairy:
    Ocassionally some cheese, but not really. Just tried Greek Yoghurt and enjoyed it

I work midshift currently so definitely coffee; come a long way though from my 1/3 creamer to about 1tblsp of honey to sweeten my thermos so ALMOST black

Goal is 185lbs but I hover in low to mid 190s

Favorite exercise:
    Running

Favorite Primal food:
    Eggs and bacon

Don't have to feel as guilty about missing a workout if my diet is in order

Dealing with peoples' reactions (my Wife too, although she's doing the 30 day challenge next month with me)

KateO is offline Junior Member
    Your location: London UK

Age (If you want): 28

How Primal are you: Almost there! The alcohol could be a little less but doing well all the same!

Do you consume dairy: Some Cheese and occasional natural yogurt.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: Feeling better, being in shape. My plan for turning 30 is to be in the best shape I've ever been in. I've never been fit (smoker) or toned , always a bit of a carb addict and 1-2 stone overweight.

Favorite exercise: high intensity mixed weights sessions.

Favorite Primal food: My thai steak and pak choi stir fry - yum!

Best part about being Primal: i'm shrinking! Also- amazing difference in energy and I haven't had that horrible stuffed feeling from food in 4 weeks!

Worst part about being Primal: Haven't come across one yet!

Amanda09grokrocks is offline Junior Member
    Your location: Raystown, PA

Age (If you want): 23

How Primal are you: 3 weeks in, I have the primal eating down now I need to get the workout down.

Do you consume dairy: Very rare, if a primal recipe calls for it sometimes I use it

Do you drink coffee or tea: No

Motivator for switching to Primal: Want to be happy and not let my health get in the way of what I want to do with my life

Favorite exercise: Right now I am walking doing lunges and some pilates but I can't wait to do more primal exercises

Favorite Primal food: blueberry banana smoothie

Best part about being Primal: I am not tired and feel great and I am start to look good.

Worst part about being Primal: Hmmm.. cant think of one.....maybe not being able to eat popcorn when I go to the movies but I can deal.

Maretha is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Your location: South Africa - Cape Town

Age (If you want): 26

How Primal are you: Started in May!

Do you consume dairy: Very little.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Love coffee, but try to keep it down to one cup a day and only organic.

Motivator for switching to Primal: My husband nagged me for about 3 months to join him. Could not take the separate cooking anymore.

Favorite exercise: Sprints

Favorite Primal food: Biltong

Best part about being Primal: Don't have to cook those tedious pasta and rice. I love MEAT!

Worst part about being Primal: I love eating out, but being primal makes it really difficult