Thread: Musings of a Primal Teenager page

LogicalOutlier is offline Junior Member

Cool Musings of a Primal Teenager

Shop Now
    Hey all.

Stats: Almost 17, female, 5'7" 110 lbs
    I originally went primal to cure my IBS. Now that that's gone, I'm going to stick with it for the high energy levels, mental sharpness, and health. Just a few nice side effects I've noticed I've been primal for a few weeks now, but I've only posted in the "Introduce Yourself" forum.

Typical day's worth of food for me:
    BREAKFAST Two eggs, one large chicken sausage, blackberries
    LUNCH Big salad with arugula, goat cheese, avocado, turkey
    DINNER Wild salmon, loads of spinach, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sweet potato

EXERCISE I'm not very strict with this. I'm pretty light, and I lose weight very, very easily. I guess a typical day's worth of activity for me consists of a lot of low-intensity movement (walking, playing instruments, chores, etc.) and really random bouts of heavy lifting (the trash, my siblings, tons of groceries). Didn't mean to lump the sibs in with the trash, oops. ^^"

I'm trying to get my family to go primal. Mom is a carb-addict, siblings have a fondness for junk food, dad snacks a lot...yeah I'm pretty worried about them. They only just started accepting my lifestyle change, so...wish me luck!

It's good to be here.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Here's wishing you luck! (But succeeding with Primal isn't really luck. It's pretty much a sure bet.)

Yep, about the only way you will change your family is by showing them that Primal works. Beyond that . . . .
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    I second what Hedonist said. You can show the family your results, and suggest that they check into it further, but you can't make them do it. Be patient with them. As you get results, they might become more interested. And be thankful in the meantime that they don't oppose your primal lifestyle and try to block it.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

LogicalOutlier is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for swinging by

What I ate today:
    9 AM Three-egg & spinach omelet cooked in butter, handful of berries, handful of pistachios, almonds, macadamia nuts, a few peach chunks

3 PM Two crab legs, a small cucumber, bit of coconut oil, lots of tea. Didn't eat much because I was working, and wasn't really hungry. Kind of an IF? xD

5 PM Two chorizo sausages from WF, two cups butter-sauteed broccoli with garlic (really frickin' tasty), ounce of smoked Gouda, couple squares dark chocolate. Yum.

Update:
    To my surprise, Dad went completely grain free. He's lost 7 lbs in a month. Sweet!

Note to self: Dark chocolate = lots of energy. Which is good, but not at night. Still wide-awake.
    Last edited by LogicalOutlier; 08-29-2011 at 11:00 PM.