Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: touchdowntodd ... starting a journal page

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member

touchdowntodd ... the weights FLYING off!

Shop Now
    last week on july 22nd i turned 34 .. that day i went primal

6'1" 305 lbs (7-3-2012 update, found old info from Doc that put me at 310 in June 2011)
    chrons disease

my mother is currently in the final stages of dying from colon cancer .. father has bad diabetes .. everyone in my family is fat .. italian, carbs are everywhere. .. in fact in high school i went on a diet and dropped to 205lbs and somewhat muscular eating just pasta everyday with red gravy ..

greenlightjerky my friend from other hobbies turned me on to this , i read up, and im not turning back .. my wife also converted .. shes gained about 20 lbs since moving from LA to WI 4 years ago to be with me .. shes about 5'2" and 140 as i write this ... she converted yesterday ..

we plan on havnig a child and we wil start trying in november (i have to get 3 months away from chrons medicine) .. im not sure if she can stay primal and be pregnant, but i see no reason why .. and our child will live this way too im sure..

i work a ton and barely get to excercise, but i am moving around at work somewhat .. in a desk 1/2 of teh time though sometimes 3/4 ...

after only a week i feel better, my intestines are feeling more regular (lol chrons patience know this all too well) ... and i am eating noticeably less

anyways .. HAD to post .. thanks guys ..
    Last edited by touchdowntodd; 07-03-2012 at 05:30 AM.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck to you and your wife
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Todd. So sorry about your parents.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

thanks guys .. i wish i could get my father to convert, but he has a down look on life anyways ...

scored 16-17 lbs of grass fed ground beef today at whole foods when i saw it for $3.99 a lb ... cooked up 4lbs worth of burgers on the grill to do different stuff with this weekend ... almost wanna go back for more its so good!!! and a great price!

dinner today was a burger patty on green leaf lettuce "bun" ... carrots ... and a little avocado ....

for a fat guy, i sure do get full quick on this diet! or should i say to the point where i dont need to eat more (thats the goal right)

anyways .. wife and i loved today .. lil jerky and carrots to get us through the day after eggs and uncured bacon for breakfast ...

1 week in ... 1 notch on the pants and a few people have said i look like im losin weight ..

didnt weigh myself before, didnt want to .. i have a doc apointment in mid september and i just wanna see where i end up on his scale then ... but sure feels like ive lost 5lbs. ...

last night had the only "cheat" ive had so far ... a corner of a brownie because my block had our annual party and the neighbors wouldnt back off me, plus they looked very good LOL .. a whole table of deserts was so hard to walk away from .. pre primal i woulda had a plate full for sure LOL, pitiful!
    but! i avoided all teh carbs and starch at the party and the only meat i had was a couple meatballs and some roast beef ..

anyways .. i keep pushin! the wife and i are also trying to walk more .. shes doin great on the diet

breakfast this morning was a lil ham and eggs for me .. for the wife i made a veggie omelette with a bunch of goodies in it alolng with some ham .. with my chrons i dont do as well with a ton of veggies, so im tryin to eat em just 1-2 times a day and not for breakfast

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on finishing your first week. It seems as if you are doing great!!
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

thanks!

home made jerky for lunch

dinner was roast beef and carrots ... a few strawberries ..

went down to the neighbors for day 2 of teh street fest .. and didnt cheat! AWESOME!

today i had a TON more energy than normal .. did a LOTTA stuff and still im not tired.. also managed to work out a bit at the beach walking in the lake through the pebble beach .. those damn pebbles sink your feet in quick especially at my weight LOL .. did that for about an hour ..

cant wait for tomorrow! i have a bunch of veggies cooked up, still have the grass fed beef patties and pork chops .. so lunch at work most of the week is taken care of ..

THIS IS GREAT!

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    awwww .... I really miss the lakefront. I bet it's lovely this time of year.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

great out today, awesome at the lake .. i live on the west side and have for the last 4 years after moving away from the troubles of stayin out and bein dumb on the east side LOL

but i still know the great little small north shore beaches that are fun to get to!

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast