Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: touchdowntodd ... starting a journal page 15

ZippyChick is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Buffdv: What is "moob fat"?

Oh, wait, let me guess--man-boobs? (Honest, you guys! Wish I had your problems! :-) Well, some of them, at least..)

As for weighing, I weigh myself every morning that I'm home on a Tanita scale, which gives me both weight and BF%. (I travel a lot, so that works out to 2-3 times/week).

Sure, it goes up and down but I don't sweat the small stuff---once a week I throw it into a spreadsheet and compute a running average. And then I worry about THAT going up or down. :-)

I'm 5' 5", female, and 143.4 pounds and 24.6% body fat (that's the current 10-day average). Not bad for my size, but it's not where I want to be.

Specifically, this is the heaviest I've ever been, and I'm really, really, REALLY proud of the fact that since I went primal in February I've completely stalled out my weight gain. (Before that, I was going up, and I couldn't seem to stop it).

Now I need to start losing. Hasn't happened yet, but I'm experimenting with portion control, IF, and other techniques to get moving in the right direction.

Todd, your journal made me realize I'm just eating too damn MUCH! Nothing wrong with plenty of nourishing food, but seconds and thirds for lunch and dinner are probably part of the reason the needle on the scale isn't budging.

I'm working to find the right balance between eating lightly and ending up too hungry, and stuffing myself later. Todd, as you would say.. workin and workin!

Oh yeah, Buffdv: CONGRATS on getting two full pullups! My hero. I can't do one (yet).

Buff is right: THIS JOURNAL ROCKS. Keep on inspiring us, Todd...and remember... we ARE reading!
    "Do, or do not. There is no try."--Jedi Master Yoda

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    good to hear .. and ya, only eat until you arent hungry! no reason to over it if you arent eating the SAD anymore

we are enlightened now .. im at 1 meal a day most days just not hungry for more
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

no loss this week... slight uptick that im sure will only last a couple of days .. been having far too much sugar lately (ice cream) ... need to get back to 95% id say last week was 80-85% ... slightly depressing but ive been through this before .. i can get right back and lose some i just need to stay focused ... i also havent felt as good since doin that, so i have plenty of motivation ..

thanks everyone ..

Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    no loss this week... slight uptick that im sure will only last a couple of days .. been having far too much sugar lately (ice cream) ... need to get back to 95% id say last week was 80-85% ... slightly depressing but ive been through this before .. i can get right back and lose some i just need to stay focused ... i also havent felt as good since doin that, so i have plenty of motivation ..

thanks everyone ..
    One of the many things that's so awesome about you, Todd: No complaints, no excuses. You just figure out what you can be doing better.. and do it.

Love it! Keep on keeping on...

yup! the only way to be.. excuses got me fat in the past, never again ..

i was just retaining water etc from the sugar and drinking a LOTTA water to try to clear my headache .. back to 194 this morning .. hoping for 193 by next monday slowly but surely .. i may just break down and cry if i get to 189 LOL .. but sure seems like i will! fast5 helps me a lot and i intend to stay with it for a while now .. my birthday is in July and i would love to be 185 by then .. it remains to be seen if i can get there .. but it wont be from lack of proper diet ..

i appreciate the support!

The_Spartan is offline Junior Member
    Just read the full thread, touchdowntodd, gotta say, mad props, that's quite the primal journey.

thanks man ... im working..

today was 192.8 .. BARELY under 193 but ill take it! LOL

need to do more Fast5 as ive cut down to 3-4 days a week ... perhaps need to eat MORE, but at that time only .. also have been lax on working out .. i really want to hit 185 by my birthday (July 22nd) .. so ive got 2.5 months basically to drop 7lbs ... 185 seems nice and low for me and my build, and i would feel well below 200 so i wouldnt worry as much.. theres something about 192 that doesnt seem much below 200, and 200 is scary as hell for me now ..

ofcourse ... 189 is currently my goal ... original goal was 220 LOL, then 199, then 189 .. who knows where i will get with time... still have some skin and some fat left thats for sure.. so who knows... i have a large frame so even 185 would feel great to me... but honestly if i dropped the skin and all the little areas of fat i think i would be around 179

life has changed, and im NEVER going back ...
    Last edited by touchdowntodd; 04-30-2012 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by touchdowntodd View Post
    thanks man ... im working..

today was 192.8 .. BARELY under 193 but ill take it! LOL

need to do more Fast5 as ive cut down to 3-4 days a week ... perhaps need to eat MORE, but at that time only .. also have been lax on working out .. i really want to hit 185 by my birthday (July 22nd) .. so ive got 2.5 months basically to drop 7lbs ... 185 seems nice and low for me and my build, and i would feel well below 200 so i wouldnt worry as much.. theres something about 192 that doesnt seem much below 200, and 200 is scary as hell for me now ..

ofcourse ... 189 is currently my goal ... original goal was 220 LOL, then 199, then 189 .. who knows where i will get with time... still have some skin and some fat left thats for sure.. so who knows... i have a large frame so even 185 would feel great to me... but honestly if i dropped the skin and all the little areas of fat i think i would be around 179

life has changed, and im NEVER going back ...
    GREAT work, Todd!!

I've said this a bunch, but I love, love, LOVE your consistent emphasis on reviewing (and being honest) about you've done and maybe need to change (or not)!

I totally hear you about about 200 being scary. There's something about going beyond our limits (even in a good way) that IS frightening. But as the saying goes... "fear is the energy to do your best"....

Keep on working!

kalli889 is offline Senior Member
    I just read your whole blog! Thanks so much for commenting on mine. All of your hard work is quite impressive, as is your honesty and your commitment to yourself. I really appreciate all that you have shared.

thanks all ...

so 191.8 this morning ... down a pound in a week again ..

BUT, if im honest I had custard 4 times last week, 3 of which were in the form of a sundae! LOL .. im at the point i think where my body is happy and can slow burn even with some sugar cheats (well hell 4 times represents a LOT of cheats)... but atleast no grains.. i would rather my sugar in the form of cream/sugar instead of white bread LOL ... if i had cut that out all week last week, i may have dropped 2 pounds .. but at the same time, sometimes i feel like the sugars or crazy foods push my body into burning fat faster if that makes any sense.. i havent had a plateau week in a while now ... and it used to be ever other week

i wish i could give everyone a big hug! love this site and this way of life .. had a lil car show to go to this weekend with friends and a few of us were paleo/primal (ive influenced as many people as will listen lol).. and we had romain lettuce for our burgers.. funny listening to the people saying "i dont know how you can eat that without a bun"... when 15 minutes before that they walked up sayin things like "jesus youre skinny!" and "whered ya go dude?" ... i wish i cuold get everyone to try, but cant.. not everyone can see the light

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast