Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 55yo woman weighing 280 lbs

Hybrid View

55yo woman weighing 280 lbs

Is this way of eating something I can do at 55 and weighing 280 lbs? I have tried every diet and had the best results on Atkins, but cannot stay on it. My son is getting married in May and I have to lose a lot before then. Seems like everybody I see on here is an athlete....anybody like me on here?

I'm not your weight, but close in age. Check out the thread called Gals Over 50? for a meeting place for those of us a touch "longer in the tooth".

And yes, you can change your life with this way of life!

I am a 54 year old woman and I have never been able to stick with Atkins for more than a week. This is different. I've been doing this for about a month and I think I can stick with it. I've had ups and downs and am still seeing what works for me. I want accelerated weight loss so I am keeping the carbs low. I started off keeping the carbs below 100 but that was not helping to get the weight off so I am now doing no more than 50. I would like to be back down to my ideal weight by Thanksgiving. I want to lose 35 - 40 pounds.

Good luck. I'll check back and hopefully we can help each other. May is a long way off. You can do it.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies!!

Givenup -- I remember my time in Stockton, California and also in Austin, Texas. When it was hot as hades out there, I'd take my walks in the early, early morning, before the sun came up. (I tried the parcourse back then, at least as much of it as I could manage, I'd skip some hard steps I couldn't do.) Then I'd stay in the nice somewhat air-conditioned rooms during the hot part of the day.

Austin, Texas is hot! My brother lives there. I have been walking with my daughter about 8:30 or 9:00 at night and it is tolerable. Feels good to get back to the cool house and know that you've done what you needed to do! What is the parcourse? Thanks for your encouragement!

Absolutely you can do this. One note, however-- the Primal Blueprint is not a 'diet' but rather much more than that. This is something you become, not something you do if that makes any sense.

You certainly can! You should buy and read the book before starting in my opinion. Not everyone here is an athlete!

Here are some success stories
    Success Stories | Mark's Daily Apple

One of my favorites is:
    The Unconquerable Dave | Mark's Daily Apple

Also, this is the before and after picture thread, it has some amazing transformations but you have to go through the pages to find pictures!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread6138.html

I'm a 50 yr old woman: started at nearly 260 and now down to nearly 220. I've a ways to go and it's been a bit bumpy, sometimes due to falling off the wagon and other times due to decades of horrible eating, etc. Still, it's totally doable.

tangentrider, what do you do for exercise? Can't see me sprinting for a while yet.