Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 55yo woman weighing 280 lbs page 3

givenup is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Austin, Texas is hot! My brother lives there. I have been walking with my daughter about 8:30 or 9:00 at night and it is tolerable. Feels good to get back to the cool house and know that you've done what you needed to do! What is the parcourse? Thanks for your encouragement!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Good to see your more positive mind-set

If you see the success stories on here they're all from people who've said "I can do this!". It boggles my mind that people at work know what I'm doing and that I've lost a ton of weight this year, but they're all "i can't give up diet coke", "i could never give up my bagels... or pizza .... or donuts..."

Why "can't" they? They think it's about willpower. Hell, I've never had willpower. I've never had an off switch when it came to food - until now.

The primal blueprint has given me an off switch and a substitute for willpower. It's called eating as much healthy food as I need, when I need it.

You can do this too. I certainly haven't cornered the market
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member
    Hi, givenup

The parcouse was an exercise system popular in the 1970's. It was a pathway, usually built on a campus or in a park, with different stations for doing different exercises, with big signs next to them describing how to do the exercise. There'd by a chinup bar (three heights offered) one place, and a sloping beam one was supposed to vault over another, a place to lie down (at different angles) with something to grab to do leg lifts, and so on. I couldn't do all the things they asked, but I did try. Very early morning was the best time. It was cooler than in the evening, and less crowded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123