Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you using a water filter? page

madMUHHH Guest

Water quality is a subject that got me worried a bit over the last days. Mark seems to favor tap water filtered with a decent water filter and I've been drinking mostly unfiltered water and bottled carbonated water (which I don't even like that much) until now.

From what I've read so far chlorine and heavy metals seem to be a thing one has to take care of while it might actually be a bad idea to artificially soften the water.

So are you people using a water filter and if so, what kind of filter? I know that quality comes at a price, but I simply don't have that money, so I'd appreciate if anyone would know a decent priced water filter (if you think it's necessary at all). Some people seem to favor the Brita filters, but those soften the water.

Oh, and this is a water analysis I found from the area I live in (I'm from Germany btw), do you think there are any values that are especially high/inappropiate?

ph: 7.91

Calcium: 66 (mg/l, just like all the other values I'm gonna mention now)

Magnesium: 6.1

Natrium: 42

Potassium: 2.9

Iron: 0.007

Manganese: < 0.005

Ammonium: 0.07

Nitrite: < 0.010

Nitrate: < 0.5

Chloride: 53

Sulfate: 10

Arsenic: < 0.0005

Lead: < 0.002

Cadmium: < 0.0003

Chrome < 0.002

Cyanide < 0.005

Fluoride: 0.09

Nickel: < 0.002

Mercury: < 0.0002

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I have one built into the fridge... Pure Source 2 is the brand... pretty good i think. It says to change it every 6 months but generally I change it every 4.

If you don&#39;t have a fridge with one built in... you could get the one you hook up to your kitchen sink... that one seems pretty good. I think its calle "pur" water filters

Katt is offline Senior Member

I have a filter on the kitchen faucet, another whole house filter, and a pitcher with a small Brita filter in it.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Kasey is offline Member

Best thing you could do would be go to findaspring.com and find a spring in your area where you can go get water for free.

Unless you are using reverse osmosis or distilling your tap water, you are not removing the flouride. Brita, carbon filters, boiling, do nothing to remove flouride and that&#39;s the substance you do NOT want in your water.

If you can&#39;t find a spring near you, buy bottle spring water and make sure it has no flouride! Pour the water into glass jars when you get home. You really taste plastic after you&#39;ve opened the bottle and allowed air inside to oxidize for a couple days.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

The mercola water filters are top notch, but as far as not being able to afford those filters, maybe go for the artesian waters? They are bottled, so BPAs is a problem, but maybe not as much as fluoride in chloride in your water.

Any filter that filters fluoride out is going to be expensive as it is relatively hard, so if you can&#39;t afford those I would go bottled or at-least get a chlorine filter.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

madMUHHH Guest

@Kasey

Well thanks for the site, but I live in Germany and there is only one spirng on that map in Germany which is quite far away, so I doubt this is an option.

Concerning the fluoride. German tap water is not fluoridated (I posted the amount of fluoride that&#39;s probably in my tap water in my first post (is this too much?)), does that make a difference?

Kasey is offline Member

There is no safe amount of flouride. You can tell if your water is flouridated by checking to see if the water collecting under your dish rack is brown. If it is, you got flouride!

Check this video about what flouride did to this man&#39;s horses. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9RXfOuylWo

Kaizen Guest

I&#39;m looking at getting a "Zero water" filter with a water dispenser. It&#39;ll be cheaper than buying bottled water how I am now, I usually buy gallons of distilled water but it adds up.

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member

I have a thingy called Aquasanna. For my shower and in the kitchen. I&#39;m not sure if it made a difference, it doesn&#39;t smell like chlorine anymore and it doesn&#39;t dry my skin that much!

"The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
    -Raymond Peat, PhD

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I have a brita

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast