Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feeling unsatisfied and wanting to quit. page

Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member

Feeling unsatisfied and wanting to quit.

So I'm three days away from flipping my calendar over to August. When you look at my August calendar, it's filled with meetings and deadlines and events of all sorts, but the one thing that stands out from the rest is the big, bold, blue headline, "THREE MONTHS." This was the date I set back when I first went primal. If I was satisfied with the results at the end of month one, I would keep going to three. So at the end of month one, ten pounds down, I was so excited to keep losing. But that's pretty much where "dramatic weight loss" ended. I lost five pounds in the following couple weeks and haven't bunged since.

Here's what's going on:
    • I'm sick of meat and veggies. Lately I've resorted to not eating because I can't stand the taste of veggies anymore. I used to love it, but now it's kind of sickening. I really would rather not eat than eat primal food now.
    • I'm not losing anymore. I haven't lost any weight in probably a month and a half. Before you say anything about measurements, I haven't shed any inches either. My body really has adapted to the diet and its not burning. Primal is failing in the exact same way every other diet has failed me: I lose a few pounds in the beginning, and then it stops working; I convince myself I'm not trying hard enough.
    • I'm sick of not eating out. I can't eat in the cafeteria anymore because on sandwich day, I don't want everyone to watch me as I remove the bread and eat the inside with my hands. I just want to be normal again.

I'm really just sick of being primal. It's failing me like every other diet has. I'm convinced that it's the right way to live, and I know I'm healthiest this way, but I'm certainly not happiest. I can't decide if I want to die of cancer at 60 and always love what I eat and how I live or if I'd rather be a young-looking 90 year old who hates what I eat and finds my life tedious.

The mark on my calendar gives me an excuse to end my primal lifestyle, and it's looking more and more tempting.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    I'm not one to talk as I've fallen off the band wagon, but don't give up. Have a FULL cheat day - but then get back the next day. This is something my doctor recommends because he's lead me to this website because his program is most similar to PB. The FULL cheat day - eat all the dang carbs you want... soda, cheetos...all you favs you miss... It'll shock the system and basically you will likely gain a pound or so back but going back according to him is basically a way to "bump". Perhaps also considering having some blood tests done to see where your hormone levels are? And honestly - throw out the stupid scale. Even measurements don't mean much to me....if I feel better then that's what counts - and I do on PB. Just my two cents.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    1. Learn how to cook
    2. Learn how to cook with spices
    3. Buy one new type of food every week, and learn how to cook with it. A new spice, a new vegetable, a new kind of meat, etc.
    4. Find a sport you like, and have fun doing it
    5. Find a sport you like, and become better at it
    6. Don't try harder, try longer. Consistency brings results

Normal seems nice and easier, than you realize ''normal'' people are fat, unathletic, poor and unhappy. Screw normal, go special!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Normal seems nice and easier, than you realize ''normal'' people are fat, unathletic, poor and unhappy. Screw normal, go special!
    +100000 to all of that but esp this!

oh and also the reference to finding a sport you like - definitely! i NEVER exercised before i got a bike. And i feel like i'm still not exercising - i'm riding a bike! If it's fun, it won't seem like the boring work that "exercise" is.

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbike View Post
    1. Learn how to cook
    3. Buy one new type of food every week, and learn how to cook with it. A new spice, a new vegetable, a new kind of meat, etc.

normal seems nice and easier, than you realize ''normal'' people are fat, unathletic, poor and unhappy. Screw normal, go special!

love it!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    1. Learn how to cook

this is just about the best advice ever.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Eat the damn sandwich. Your success isn't so much contingent upon sticking to The Diet but in becoming optimally healthy. You would be healthier without the bread but you can be very healthy eating some bread. But the catch is that you have to actually learn about what is healthy instead of being a dieter who thinks that X diet is a magical zone of perfect health and all problems fixed. Study nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle and succeed whether you eat bread with your lunch or not.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I've been eating crap since my birthday on July 6. I didn't follow PB most of the time (breakfast and lunch were fairly easy, but not supper and of course all the snacks were a big temptation I had trouble avoiding) while I was on vacation last week. It was just too difficult with 14 of us staying together. I felt like crap all weekend and it didn't help that I had come down with a sore throat. I've really stuck to PB since I started back to work on Tuesday and I feel so much better.

Oh yeah, what Stabby said. And eat the corn on the cob.......
    Last edited by Lynna; 07-28-2011 at 11:40 AM.

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I've been eating crap since my birthday on July 6. I didn't follow PB most of the time (breakfast and lunch were fairly easy, but not supper and of course all the snacks were a big temptation I had trouble avoiding) while I was on vacation last week. It was just too difficult with 14 of us staying together. I felt like crap all weekend and it didn't help that I had come down with a sore throat. I've really stuck to PB since I started back to work on Tuesday and I feel so much better.

Oh yeah, what Stabby said. And eat the corn on the cob.......
    +1
    It is the summer afterall. Regardless we all need to enjoy life... Go out for a BBQ and eat all the "junk" you wouldn't normally...I still like the idea of a splurge day so we can still feel normal if (heaven forbid) we feel that urge. Of course, normal, is a mindset and what is normal to one may not be to another...so what. I find that MDA forum is partly about success, support and acceptance... Eat what works best for you - but be happy. If that means you go out to eat 1 time a week - so be it...
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Throw that damn evil scale away seriously, best advice that was given to me.
    Instead keep a track of how much energy you have and how your clothes fit.
    The scale doesn't take in body fat, it only takes in weight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast