Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NASA pokes hole in AGW/CC alarmists page

kenn is offline Senior Member

NASA pokes hole in AGW/CC alarmists

Primal Fuel
    New NASA Data Blow Gaping Hole In Global Warming Alarmism - Yahoo! News

NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Smacks of bias. NASA papers don't refer to past work as "alarmist computer models."

Track down the source. The author is editorializing. He's from a libertarian think tank (sic).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Smacks of bias. NASA papers don't refer to past work as "alarmist computer models."

Track down the source. The author is editorializing. He's from a libertarian think tank (sic).
    In this case, DFH, you can use ridicule all you want to and I will be right there beside you.

kenn is offline Senior Member

No way! bias in an new article?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Happy2Fly is offline Junior Member

Here is one that doesn't include the word "alarmist":

New Paper “On the Misdiagnosis Of Surface Temperature Feedbacks From Variations In Earth

"For this experiment, the UA Huntsville team used surface temperature data gathered by the Hadley Climate Research Unit in Great Britain. The radiant energy data was collected by the Clouds and Earth’s Radiant Energy System (CERES) instruments aboard NASA’s Terra satellite.

The six climate models were chosen from those used by the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The UA Huntsville team used the three models programmed using the greatest sensitivity to radiative forcing and the three that programmed in the least sensitivity."

This study doesn't suggest that global warming doesn't exist. It says that all of the current predictive models are wrong, and explains why the predictions do not match observed data. According to this study, carbon dioxide emissions do not trap as much energy as previously thought...

I tried to find the actual journal article, but for some reason it would not load. Pretty interesting though!

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    In this case, DFH, you can use ridicule all you want to and I will be right there beside you.
    Haha. Maybe I should call the Libbie a flat Earther, huh?

DFH
    Hey it's just Huntsville! (my neighbors)

One should expect researchers to look for and find better climate models and theories. That's what they get paid to do.

One should not expect climate change to go away, unless someone can figure out how to unmelt all the polar ice that has been melting..

Some trivia.. I used to work for a NASA climate scientist and my name was on the stuff he wrote for that same Remote Sensing Journal..a long time ago.

diploid is offline Member
    "gathered by the Hadley Climate Research Unit in Great Britain."

Tells you all you need to know right there.

strom is offline Senior Member
    How do you know they are melting though? Have you measured them or seen them? I don't think they would make it known if it were increasing in size though.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    My friend was giving me a hard time about going primal; he asked me if all those people were "Paultards" and climate change deniers. I said no.

I hope I wasn't wrong....I don't need nutjob ideas making my already fringe lifestyle appear illegitimate. I know Mark likes Ayn Rand, which raises enough flags for me......

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast