Thread: Long Recovery Time page

naiadknight is offline Senior Member

Long Recovery Time

Shop Now
    For my entire adult life, I've had an extraordinarily long recovery time between workouts. I'm sore for upwards of 4-5 days after I do a 20 minute LHT session. Even a short recovery time for me is 3 days of pain. This includes weights or bodyweight only sessions, and occasionally it takes that long for my legs to stop being sore after I sprint. Stretching before/ after/ both/ during recovery doesn't help.
    Is there anything I can do to make my recovery time shorter? This is ridiculous. I'd like to get in more than 2 workouts a week, if that.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Once I dialed in my minerals, I noticed that I recover much faster--in fact, I noticed that I haven't been sore the day after my workout, like I used to.

FWIW, I only do one intense LHT workout per week--a BBS-style PB Fitness workout. One sprint session and the rest is moving slowly (1-2 hours/day of walking/hiking).

I also tweaked my quads at my dance session on Sunday & I didn't even notice it the next day, even though I was limping slightly right after the session.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I also take a while to be not-sore after lifting. My hamstrings are still sore today (Thursday) from my Monday workout.

ChocoTaco reports greatly diminished soreness from taking whey immediately post-workout. Maybe this would help you. He discussed it today here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34916-2.html

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Once I dialed in my minerals, I noticed that I recover much faster--in fact, I noticed that I haven't been sore the day after my workout, like I used to.

FWIW, I only do one intense LHT workout per week--a BBS-style PB Fitness workout. One sprint session and the rest is moving slowly (1-2 hours/day of walking/hiking).

I also tweaked my quads at my dance session on Sunday & I didn't even notice it the next day, even though I was limping slightly right after the session.
    I do know my sodium/ potassium levels are out of whack (too much potassium, not enough sodium most days); and that my calcium/ magnesium levels need tweaking (I take in more magnesium than my body has calcium for.) I'll look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I also take a while to be not-sore after lifting. My hamstrings are still sore today (Thursday) from my Monday workout.

ChocoTaco reports greatly diminished soreness from taking whey immediately post-workout. Maybe this would help you. He discussed it today here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34916-2.html
    Hmm... I have some laying around from pre-PB, I wonder it's still any good or if it would be too dairy like for my body. I may look into that, too.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

MikeEnRegalia is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    How about adding a daily training regimen where you do some sets of basic bodyweight movements in the morning and in the evening? For example, you could do 20 squats, 10 push-ups and 5 pull-ups, assuming that you could to that relatively easily. This might prevent your body from perceiving the actual training sessions as isolated bursts of activity.