Thread: Primal Journal (SaraVZ) page

SaraVZ is offline Member

Primal Journal (SaraVZ)

Primal Fuel
    I've been eating primal for about a month now. I want to start a journal here to keep track of what I'm eating, to list out my goals, and also as an exercise accountability tool.
    My stats:
    32yrs old, 5'6
    starting weight when I started primal was 157.8
    today's weigh in is 150
    goal weight 130

I'm a MI sahm of a 3 yr old, a 5yr old, and a 6yr old. Once school starts up my life gets busy, since I volunteer at two schools, carpool, and also volunteer heavily at our church during the fall/winter months.

Besides losing weight I also want to get in shape. I'm tired of being out of breath going up stairs! I haven't really started exercising yet, except for a mile walk with my puppy every night. I need to look more into primal exercise and start doing more to get in shape.

Since I'm still fairly new to primal eating, there's things I still need to cut out/tweak. But I'm very proud of myself for the things I have cut out/changed since starting. My husband is still in shock that I went from drinking several cans of regular Coke everyday, to being totally caffeine free since the first day I started primal yay!
    Last edited by SaraVZ; 07-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.
    ~*Sara*~

SaraVZ is offline Member
    7/28
    -breakfast: 2 pastured eggs with red pepper, onion, mushrooms, and raw milk cheese mixed in. I also threw in the last of some store bought bacon crumbles, and from now on I'll make them with real bacon. Seasoned with Himalayan pink sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
    -lunch: it's really hot, and I just don't have an appetite. I'm just going to keep drinking ice water and probably have an early supper.
    -supper: marinated salmon with lemon juice, cauliflower with cheese melted on top.
    -snacks: blueberries, one reeses pb cup and a small fun size plain m&m (epic primal fails there!), bbq almonds

drinks-all water, except for 2 glasses of Crystal light-working on this!
    Last edited by SaraVZ; 07-29-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    ~*Sara*~

SaraVZ is offline Member
    7/29

Jumped on the scale this morning, and it's showing a two pound loss yay! I'm finally below 150, and it feels like I'm now starting to see progress.
    I'm off to get groceries this morning, and I'm getting Applegate bacon to make my own crumbles. One more thing I'm switching out to primal (baby steps!).

breakfast: is a combo with lunch today. I've been craving a baked potato (haven't had potatoes since I started primal), and I picked up some organic russets when I got groceries this am. I'm going to cook up 1/2 lb of grass fed beef, 1/4lb bacon, and add these on top of the potato, along with Breakstone chipolte sour cream, onion, tomato, black olives, butter, and local raw milk cheese. I saw this suggested here in the forum, and it's been stuck in my head ever since
    lunch: see above
    supper: dark greens with shredded chicken, tomato, red pepper, cauliflower, hard boiled egg, shredded carrot, mushroom, cheese, and ranch dressing (dressing is probably going to be the last thing I switch to primal-I love Hidden Valley ranch too much!)
    snacks: part of one square of Lindt dark chocolate-yuck! I think this is an acquired taste lol. Cherries. And we're going out with family tonight for ice cream-the parlor carries Hudsonville, which is pretty natural, and the butter pecan is surprisingly low in carbs/sugar.

Water to drink, with three glasses of CL.

I did some lifting with two reams of computer paper (5lbs each??). It was challenging because I just got out of a hand cast, and my left hand/wrist is really weak right now. But I'm going to make an effort to do some type of lifting everyday. I may pick up some dumb bells this weekend.
    Last edited by SaraVZ; 07-29-2011 at 04:04 PM.
    ~*Sara*~

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Sara! It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Yay.

Nice people here are going to give you lots of suggestions about exercise. Here are my thoughts on exercise for SAHMs.

People will also tell you to ditch the potatoes and ice cream. I eat potatoes every day. As long as you stay under 100 grams of carbs per day, you should lose fat. As for ice cream, well, it will hold you back if you eat it often (you already knew that) but you don't have to do Primal perfectly.

Good luck!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

SaraVZ is offline Member
    thanks for the link on exercising-I didn't think of it that way! I'm definitely active with three little ones, so maybe I'm not doing so bad after all
    Last edited by SaraVZ; 07-30-2011 at 04:23 AM.
    ~*Sara*~

SaraVZ is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    7/30
    ahhh the weekend! Don't know what our plans are yet, but I'm sure they'll involve our sailboat and some swimming. Weekends are harder to eat primal, because a lot of times we're away from home. There's also our Sunday lunches at the in-laws, and though they do serve grass fed steaks from the grill each week, the sides they serve with it aren't so primal friendly (margarine!).

I'll be back on Monday!
    Last edited by SaraVZ; 07-30-2011 at 04:38 PM.
    ~*Sara*~