Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AMAZING Primal Snack - Coconut Chips!! page

maba is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I made this today and ZOMG, it was so good.

Ingredients:

Coconut flakes (not shredded) - I used this: http://tinyurl.com/y9fr5cd

Coconut oil - a little bit

Salt

Take a handful of coconut flakes and spread it on a plate and nuke it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and mix the flakes and nuke again for 30 seconds. You'll see the edges turning slightly golden. Add a little bit of coconut oil and mix and season with salt. I also added some cayenne pepper. You have the yummiest, fattiest, oh-so-good-for-you chips.

If done in the oven, the flakes would get evenly roasted but I haven't tried it yet.

Kasey is offline Member

I'm sure you would never touch a microwave again if you read up on what it actually does to the food. It's beyond unhealthy and actually very dangerous to your body. Just a heads up!

Kasey, thanks for the heads up. Mind sharing the links/studies?

klcarbaugh Guest

I doubt the microwave is killing us. Do you know what the stomach does to food? A barbecue?

And thanks for sharing maba, I've never heard of this snack before.

Neither had I. I just made it up y'day.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Supposedly, the microwave's radiation changes the molecular makeup of the food. Like if you microwave water and feed it to a plan exclusively, it will die. They also say not to microwave a baby's formula... because it degrades the nutuition in it.

Not really sure... I do generally try to aviod the microwave as well though.

Kasey is offline Member

just google the dangers of microwaves. Some studies have shown a 98% loss of nutrients after microwaving broccoli. Other studies have shown a large increase in white blood cells after ingesting any microwaved food. Which basically means, after microwaving something, your body no longer recognizes it as food and sends it's immune system army to attack the foreign invader!

So not only are you losing most nutrients, ingesting microwaved food can actually do more harm than good. Use a convection oven if you must have a box to cook in lol.

And to klcarbaugh: "I doubt the microwave is killing us. Do you know what the stomach does to food? A barbecue?"

The stomach breaks food down within a safe temperature range, unlike the microwave and barbecue. If you are browning anything by cooking, you are creating harmful substances that your body must "get rid of". Your body is not going to be able to use the blackened surface of meat for amino acids, they are fused together and can no longer be separated by enzymes. They just burden the body.

Barbecue for taste, not for health.

JamieBelle is offline Member

Lemme guess. You're one of those "raw food movement" people, right?

Katt is offline Senior Member

I didn't get that from her posts at all, Jamie. Also, the folks at WAFP advise not to use a microwave for the very same reasons.

I don't own a microwave. I hate the way food tastes when cooked in one, so all of my food is cooked on or in the oven. I could not, however, tell you if the studies Kasey is trying to site are valid or not.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
    Current weight: 199
    Goal: 145

Kasey is offline Member

One of those raw food movement people? You say that pretty judgmentally. I'm sorry that I have healed myself from ulcerative colitis eating a raw food diet, and have decided to share some of the things I've learned along the way with you guys.

Now I'm looking to widen my diet beyond raw foods. I'm never stuck in one mentality and am always open to other options.

P.S Katt, I'm a guy. I couldn't figure out how to put a pic up ; )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast