Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Top 5 Superfats: Fatty Foods That Are Good For You page 3

phildrolet is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwabbit View Post
    I have to disagree with 2 points:

1. Nuts. It is way too easy to overconsume nuts, which overconsumes omega-6 fats, and those are not good fats, but happen to be the dominant fats in nuts. Believe me I love nuts, but they have all too often been my downfall.
    2. No saturated animal fats. It is really criminal to have a list of top 5 fats and not a single one is an fat (not counting fish oils).

Given how new the list creator is to Primal Blueprint forums, I can only guess he/she is new to paleo/primal style diets in general and just hasn't learned yet that these (saturated animal fats) are the best and healthiest of all. Or maybe the list was being written to be politically correct towards conventional wisdom or something.
    Thanks for the distinctions wildwabbit. Where I stand right now on the nutrition philosophy continuum is that I've been reading MDA for a few months now and I've certainly applied some of Mark's philosophy in my life. However, I'm also influenced by some of the top experts in the vegetarian movement so I'm looking to find a happy middle. I don't care too much for being politically correct, I'm really just trying to figure out what works best for me and makes me feel the best.

-I'll do more research on nuts consumption/omega 6's, I didn't think I was in danger of eating too many.

-As I said before, I do eat saturated animal fats but I gotta admit there's still a part of me that can't fully grasp that they're actually beneficial.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    As I said before, I do eat saturated animal fats but I gotta admit there's still a part of me that can't fully grasp that they're actually beneficial.
    Grass Fed Beef Advantage: Omega 3 Fatty Acids |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123