A little background:
I'm in my 3rd week of transitioning to Primal, and before all this I was a conventional health nut. My husband and many of his friends work out constantly and being male, get completely ripped, while I was doing similar workouts with minimal results. I've never been "overweight," but if I stopped working out for a week, the pounds would pile on really easily.

I worked out 4-5 days a week, running, HIIT, lifting, ate what is considered a perfect diet by conventional wisdom, yet no matter what I looked like I had too much fat on my body. I would get so mad if I ate anything that deviated from the food pyramid and feel extremely guilty. But I didn't look like I worked out, or even cared what I ate.

I spent endless hours researching nutrition, workouts, etc. thinking there must be something I was missing. I didn't understand how even if I tracked my calories and workouts perfectly, I would still gain weight or stay the same weight at best. And thank goodness I never gave up because almost by chance I found this website. It was like a lightbulb went on! EVERYTHING makes sense where nothing made sense before!

Now I feel like I'm working with my body instead of against it. When I eat, I don't feel like I have a "food baby," and I sleep better than ever. I've lost that annoying 5-6 lbs in 2 weeks, the ones that just clung to me endlessly for YEARS. But I digress. This is a daily journal, I just feel happy today about all of these positive changes.

Workout: Strength Training (5 essential moves)

B: Almond flour pancakes with pureed strawberries on top
S: Apple and a little almond butter
L: Leftover steak and shrimp in pesto with broccoli and cauliflower
S: Celery and sour cream dip (homemade) and blackberries
D: Organic, free-range chicken sausage with onion and mustard
Protein shake after my workout

I ate a lot of veggies at lunch so I was kind of turned off to them for dinner. I was also a little nauseous when I got home so my dinner was pretty light. I still feel hungry, but don't feel like eating. Nausea has been my only battle so far, and I'm hoping it goes away.