Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Whiskey Have Protein? [annieloux] page 2

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You can also grate the cauliflower with something like this. (much less expensive than a food processor and a little elbow grease is good for the arm muscles)
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

annieloux is offline Member
    You're right. I should stop being so lazy

Damn you, Protein!

• Protein: 66.8 g
    • Fat: 101.1 g
    • Carbs: 36.6 g

Clearly I have no problem shoveling fat, but I need to work on my protein intake. Maybe cut back on the salad dressings and eat more meat and vegetables for lunch.

Another contributing factor I suspect is that I am not waking up early enough to make breakfast and for whatever reason I'm too busy (read: lazy) to boil some emergency eggs the night before. So off to work I go, two and half hours late. First meal is "lunch," then the next is dinner. Not much opportunity for protein if I'm only eating twice a day.

Tomorrow is a new day (and payday!), so I will try again with much needed greenbacks.

All clear here.

I ate some fried chicken strips, garlic fries, and a beer for lunch today just to check.

Yes. Being bloated still blows goats, in case anyone was curious.

RickyP is offline Junior Member
    Hey!
    I'm just starting at this like you, so interested to see how it all pans out for you!
    I find as a good way to get in protein is to cook up two chicken breasts for my evening meal, I can demolish them quite easily, but if you struggle you could make them before and try to snack all through the day?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyP View Post
    Hey!
    I'm just starting at this like you, so interested to see how it all pans out for you!
    I find as a good way to get in protein is to cook up two chicken breasts for my evening meal, I can demolish them quite easily, but if you struggle you could make them before and try to snack all through the day?
    Thanks for the suggestion! I was thinking I would do chicken and fresh vegetables for lunches since I don't always care about my meals being interesting. Dinners have to be a little more creative if I want to avoid my boyfriend saying, "Why don't we just order Thai."

I sort of started this in the middle of being broke and had not really done much planning on top of that, so my main concern was just getting us fed for dinner and I'd figure out breakfast/lunch on the fly.

It's payday and a weekend now (yay! x 2) and I plan on spending this free time getting prepared.

Good luck to you, guy!

My pants are too tight today.

What an incredibly stressful weekend.

I woke up on Saturday with a bunch of energy. I really wanted to go for a hike, but I decided to channel my energy into cleaning the shit out of our apartment - it desperately needed it. Only my plans were foiled by our building's roof catching fire! Turns out it was just cosmetic damage, but I wasn't going to stick around to find that out.

Trying to gather the kitties and having my boyfriend yell at me for not moving fast enough really ruined my day. So I did what I normally do when I'm stressed: held it all inside and got shitty drunk with my good friend. We did end up drunkenly riding our bikes around so that was fun. And I had a good laugh when I fell over while stopped at a red light. The cars next to me had a good laugh too.

Spent Sunday pretty fucking hungover, so I can't be too sure what I did all day. I think I just sat around watching reruns of Celebrity Fit Club (HuluPlus delivering once again), eating fried potatoes, and trying to motivate to make primal-friendly Swedish meatballs for dinner (kind of a failure, btw).

Most of my energy today was spent trying to fend off an anxiety attack. The lunch-time walked helped a little bit.

My first weekend didn't go so smoothly. None of my weekends ever do it seems.

Still no real planning on my part. Hopefully I can find some quiet time this evening.

What a weekend! Thank goodness for girlfriends letting you get drunk and ride around on bikes, and for Hulu and fried potatoes (yup those too). I'm glad you are okay and only just perhaps a bit hungover.

Seriously!

We may be getting sturdier roof out of the whole thing, though. Roof parties!

In case anyone was wondering: Brussels sprouts and cold Aidell's breakfast sausage do not taste well together. And it smells even worse. [pukeface]

Quote Originally Posted by annieloux View Post
    Roof parties!
    That's fantastic. A fire turns into an asset. I'd be doing a happy dance around the apartment.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast