Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to eat a skinny girl! ;) page 2

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    It's all relative! I'm 5'4 (but a lot older than you) and I'm now down to about 152 lbs and I feel great! Still got 15 lbs or so to go, but I'll get there

Ditto what everyone else said about ditching the alcohol. 1-2 glasses every day sounds like it could easily turn into a whole bottle to me. Switch to water with lemon and see how you do.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

ErikaE is offline Member
    Bwahaha, I can't believe I didn't see the, uhhh, less than clean second reading of my title. I'm bi and my mind is nearly always in the gutter. I wouldn't mind eating a skinny girl in that sense either, but first I have to get skinny enough myself that she'll look twice at me!

Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies...I know, I am a worrier by nature, and I am working on relaxing a bit. I just wanted to make sure first that I'm not doing something drastically backwards. My pants have gotten a little tighter in the past 3 days and it's hard to not fret that I'm gaining instead of losing.

Thank you to the people who mentioned the alcohol -- I had figured that as long as I wasn't overdoing it and it was within my calorie limits, I was fine. Bummer because I love sipping, tastes so good, but I think I will cut it out entirely for a couple weeks, then slowly reintroduce it more sparingly -- every other day, one glass. Definitely losing the fat takes priority.

As for tracking everything -- I am mostly doing it because I don't yet have a more intuitive sense about what macros ratios are like in most food. I'm *not* consciously trying to keep my calories at the same place every day (some days I eat 1600, some days 1000), but...coming from a carb heavy diet, I am used to not being able to "feel" the difference between actually needing more food, and just having room for it in my stomach and the craving in my tastebuds, you know? I guess for now I am using calories as a way to double-check that I'm still in a reasonable range, until I can trust myself more to just know based on my body's signals.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    “The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” -- Joseph Campbell

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    Ya, I'll second the alcohol. My fiancee's about your size, and she has a hell of a time losing weight when she drinks. She's dropped the 1-3 glasses of red wine a night (and she dropped cheese too) and has been losing fairly quickly (almost 10 lbs since July 2nd - though the July 1st weekend was pretty terrible so a good chunk of that may have been water weight). My suggestion is if you like to party, drinking every once in a while won't kill you, but the recreational drink every night or every second night might be what's preventing you from losing those lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikaE View Post
    Bwahaha, I can't believe I didn't see the, uhhh, less than clean second reading of my title. I'm bi and my mind is nearly always in the gutter. I wouldn't mind eating a skinny girl in that sense either, but first I have to get skinny enough myself that she'll look twice at me!

Anyway, thanks everyone for the replies...I know, I am a worrier by nature, and I am working on relaxing a bit. I just wanted to make sure first that I'm not doing something drastically backwards. My pants have gotten a little tighter in the past 3 days and it's hard to not fret that I'm gaining instead of losing.

Thank you to the people who mentioned the alcohol -- I had figured that as long as I wasn't overdoing it and it was within my calorie limits, I was fine. Bummer because I love sipping, tastes so good, but I think I will cut it out entirely for a couple weeks, then slowly reintroduce it more sparingly -- every other day, one glass. Definitely losing the fat takes priority.

As for tracking everything -- I am mostly doing it because I don't yet have a more intuitive sense about what macros ratios are like in most food. I'm *not* consciously trying to keep my calories at the same place every day (some days I eat 1600, some days 1000), but...coming from a carb heavy diet, I am used to not being able to "feel" the difference between actually needing more food, and just having room for it in my stomach and the craving in my tastebuds, you know? I guess for now I am using calories as a way to double-check that I'm still in a reasonable range, until I can trust myself more to just know based on my body's signals.

davem is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juliemama View Post
    it's only been a week! Jeez, relax! You have to fix things first. Eat when you feel hungry. Nourish your body with wholesome, real food. Lots of good fats and protein. Watch what happens!
    Congrats on the commitment, keep us posted!
    qft
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

davem is offline Senior Member
    High five. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a constantly unclean mind.

Seriously though, it's been a week, it took me about a month to transition honestly from grain and sugar time to eating more primally. In all honesty, I'd only call myself about 90% there anyway. After that first month though, I lost 15# in about 30 days. This wasn't water weight either. I didn't avoid any foods, had ice cream a couple times, beer once or twice a week.

I (unlike others) track my intake daily utilizing fitday. For two reasons, I like having data to reference, and I care about my macro breakdown, I'm trying to stay around 75g of carbs a day. There are some people here firmly in the anti-tracking camp, I say do it if you need it. Being aware of what you are eating and impact is never a bad thing.

Eat clean for a while, and reintroduce alcohol, see if anything changes, if it does, cut it out again. Only way you'll definitively find out. Especially since there is research on both sides of the debate surrounding whether alcohol makes fat/weight loss difficult.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I'm bi and my mind is nearly always in the gutter. I wouldn't mind eating a skinny girl in that sense either, but first I have to get skinny enough myself that she'll look twice at me!
    Best thread ever...

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Most especially for women, don't even bother getting on the scale or measuring yourself or any of that for the first month. A whole lot (WHOLE LOT) of complexes biological processes are going on in that first month, with hormones rebalancing and your body shifting fuel sources. Your body is healing and recalibrating. And that doesn't show up on a scale or a tape measure or in the mirror. Going into the second month, check in and assess your progress. Your food looks good and you are moving your body, so I can assure you that you won't suddenly balloon up overnight.

Try to enjoy the process and get more in tune with your body and the natural rhythms of life, which we have so gotten away from, to our great detriment. More sun, more grass beneath the feet, more taking note of the moon, more waking without an alarm clock, less number crunching.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12