Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea: best beverage ever. page

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member

Tea: best beverage ever.

Shop Now
    You can tell by the thread title that I'm quite fond of tea. I like green, but I've been drinking more white tea recently (and I haven't had black in a while now, actually). I find white to be WAY more robust and intense than green. My favorite way to prepare tea is to just fill a pint sized glass bottle with water, stick in a couple bags, and leave it in the fridge overnight. The flavor and aroma is totally different; less "tanniny", and more subtle and floral. One benefit of "refrigerator tea" is that because of the solubility of caffeine in cold water, the content is pretty much negligible.

I watched the movie "All in this Tea" on netflix, and I recommend it to any and all tea lovers. Great documentary, and great pro-tea, pro-organic/sustainable farming message as well.

davem is offline Senior Member
    When I was in SF for school I developed an expensive tea habit... it's amazing when you're looking at teas that are well north of $75 a pound and able to see and smell the difference in quality as they get up into the really expensive ones.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Isis is offline Senior Member
    just tried white tea for the first time the other day, quite like it! may have to try refridgerating my tea too
    My primal journal
    25yo female, height 5'7"
    goal weight: 60kg / 155lb
    goal fat%: 20%

current weight: 70kg / 154lb

“The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham

Juliemama is offline Senior Member
    I am fond of a new blend, after ditching coffee over a month ago. I brew equal amounts of a mint blend with green tea, served iced, as is. No sweetener needed. Delicious.

Laksmi is offline Member
    Every morning I relish in my cup of Numi Chinese Breakfast with a big spoon of Artisana's Coconut Cream, a tsp. of Manuka Honey and a little stevia....BLISS!

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I'm rather skeptical of stevia... I'm not a fan of any sweetener, to be honest. Meh...

I've been meaning to buy the supplies for making loose leaf tea, and using higher quality teas, but now I'm sticking to bagged tea.

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    I have to choke down my green tea. Don't like the taste, but I don't hate it enough to not have a cup every once in a while. The things I do for health...

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    I too find that that's the best way to craft white tea - otherwise it becomes far too strong too fast. I'm rather fond of Tazo's Blossomberry White, but also like Republic of Tea's whites too.

$75 a pound? Wow! I developed my tea habit in college as well, but I don't think I've ever paid that much...
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Belforte is offline Senior Member
    Just cold water, glass bottle, fridge.

Could I do it with loose green gunpowder tea do you think?
    Life. Be in it.

imnes is offline Member
    Someone turned me on to hibiscus tea a few weeks ago and I've been hooked on it. I use about 1/4 cup of dried hibiscus and a few black tea bags in a big mug of hot water, once it steeps enough I mix in a little honey and pour it into a large glass of ice/water. It's pretty good, has a tart cranberry flavor to it.

This stuff is about $4 per pound from a local vendor at the farmers market.

Hibiscus tea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast