Thread: Primal newb & pregnant in the middle of a cornfield page

mamagault is offline Member

Lightbulb Primal newb & pregnant in the middle of a cornfield

Primal Fuel
    Hi all! I'm gault's wife, affectionately called "mama" around the home, but you can call me Amy.

I started eating Primal about 3-4 days ago, when the changes in my dh became obvious. As he mentioned, he no longer snores so badly it keeps me awake at night - something I've only rarely experienced in almost 14 years. He also was more energetic & in a better mood.

Enough about him. I'm 32.5 weeks pregnant with our 6th son. So, this is a pretty big change so late in the game. This pregnancy has been a rougher one for me. I've had high blood pressure (for me, although it is textbook perfect). I've been tireder and had more all-around issues than all but my 4th pregnancy (had an emergency appendectomy @ 13 weeks). The biggest thing was how I felt after eating. That was really the biggest motivator to start now & not in 6-8 weeks after I have the baby. I ate a PB meal & didn't feel yucky! Then, in an effort not to waste good, finished up some cold cereal with the boys. Awful morning. A "clean" lunch was a much better experience. So, after that, I've not looked back.

So, only 3-4 days in, and I'm already looking forward to when I have the baby. I'm hoping for an easier recovery. Although I started the pregnancy at an acceptable weight, and even had built some good core strength from Pilates, I am basically unfit. I can't wait to see what a PB lifestyle will do for me!

Anaemo is offline Junior Member

пирог с мясо

саит о диетахконтрацептивы для похудениярецепты диетического стола 5асахарный диабет 2 типа рекомендуемая диетапримерное меню кремлёвская диетажидкий стул при диетепоиск как с помощью клизмы похудетьмикроэлементы способствующие снижению весаздоровый образ жизни диета можетантицеллюлитное средство прополис-гелиантдиета-лечебное питание при остром панкреотите после операциидиета при алкогольной интоксикациидиета для живота и бедердиеты не помогаютрецепты безсолевой диетыкак похудеть народные методыпомогает ли гречневая каша похудетькак можно похудеть с помощью риса90 дневная раздельная диета электронная книгасуточная потребность жиров белков углеводов при диете № 9

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Amy. Welcome!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

mamagault is offline Member
    I have to add that my latest bp reading yesterday at my OB was 110/60. I haven't seen that number in 2.5 years, when I was pregnant with #5 (or at least that I know of, since I don't monitor bp when I'm not preggo). I stopped taking Claritin last night & woke up no worse than the nights when I was taking it, plus my eyes weren't as puffy.

Now, if I could just stop having contractions, I think I could take on the world. I'm definitely looking forward to resuming Pilates and adding in some walking as soon as I am "cleared" after baby.

Ummmmya is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! I sure wish I'd know about this when I was pregnant and having babies. Yay for healthy moms and babies. Good luck to you!

kaylakala is offline Member
    congratulations!!! My blood pressure went down after I started doing primal. If I go off and eat junk its right back up and I'm taking meds again. Glad you're on board!! Welcome!!
    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
    Now can walk on the beach for hours.