It's been about a month since I bought "Primal Blueprint" and decided to go primal. I'd already been eating low carb for quite a while so I found the diet part easy. The fitness half of the equation has been a more difficult adjustment. I really enjoy running but have cut my weekly milage from 20 to 25 miles down to about 12 to 15 miles in order to avoid the "sustained cardio" that I've read about.

I work as a graphic artist on a college campus. I spend most of my time in front of a computer working on designing signs, banners and advertisments. A small part of my job is to make and install signs. This includes digging through frozen ground by swinging a pick and shovel as well as pulling rocks from the ground. Usually I am able to enlist student help to do the dirty work but today it dawned on me that it might qualify as a primal work out. I'll bet Grok dug holes! Anyhow, I'm beginning to look at this part of my job as an opportunity to help myself get fit instead of something to avoid.

I'm glad I finally put my PhD (post hole digger) to good use!