Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incorporating burpees page

Drifter is offline Member

Incorporating burpees

Primal Fuel
    For someone relatively new to burpees, whats a good routine that involves burpees? Today I did a quick workout of max pullups (about 6) followed by 10 burpees, 3 rounds of this. It is the first time I have done a burpee since maybe high school so wanted to get some ideas from people here of a good beginner workout with burpees involved.

Thanks!

Drifter

30 seconds of burpees. 30 seconds of push ups, 30 seconds of squats. 10 seconds rest. repeat for 5 minutes. Sometimes I will shadowbox for 2 minutes in between the sets to extend it a bit. Have fun....burpees suck.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Prisoner workout. 20 burpees, 19, 18 and so on in descending order. Today I did the 100 burpee challenge. Killer!

Google crossfit bodyweight exercises. There are a lot of burpee ideas there.

I love your handle, primaljewishamericanprincess! Clever.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Burpees are a full body conditioning exercise. That means do them until you faint.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    ANYTHING. Just make something up.
    I know one who had a Burpee Marathon Day. He did as many burpees as he could in 8 hours. Just spread out trough the day.

... The number was 3,260. Those were done in 13 hours, consisting of burpees, rest, work, eating etc. In general, he just does INSANE amounts of cardio and endurace work. He averages on about 1000 burpees a week, and that's on top of a shitload of biking, running and other stuff.

I still have my doubts to whether this man is in fact human or not. He's a triathlete though...

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    30 seconds of burpees. 30 seconds of push ups, 30 seconds of squats. 10 seconds rest. repeat for 5 minutes. Sometimes I will shadowbox for 2 minutes in between the sets to extend it a bit. Have fun....burpees suck.
    Yeah, I have that love/hate relationship with burpees too.

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    I've just started incorporating burpees into my routine, and I LOVE them!!

Ok, maybe that was a bit extreme, but what other exercise is so versatile, works so many body parts, enhances both raw strength, explosiveness, and endurance? I really can't think of one.

Search youtube for 'burpees' and you'll see dozens of variations. Ones I particularly like are the long jump burpees, and knee tuck burpees. In truth you can add the burpee movement to just about any other exercise to increase the efficiency of your workout.

I want to do a burpee mile, but can't find anyone else to join me (or walk alongside me with a bucket).

Yaish is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    I want to do a burpee mile, but can't find anyone else to join me (or walk alongside me with a bucket).
    That's because you are clearly crazy, and who wants to spend time with a crazy person? A burpee mile?! Jeesh!

Drifter is offline Member
    I guess my question is more, what does your rountine look like with burpees in it? Did you just split out a day of doing as many burpees as you can or did you do something like this:

10 pullups
    20 burpees
    20 lungees

repeat etc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast