Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: family doctor, new to forum page

dr_mike is offline Junior Member

Cool family doctor, new to forum

Hello everyone,
    I read the Primal Blueprint about a year ago and it was a huge eye opener for me. I have implemented it into my life and have lost weight and have never felt better. I am a family physician, and I recommend it to a lot of my patients, and I have seen tremendous results in people who suffered from many of the ailments associated with the standard American diet. my goal is to get as many patients off of their medications as possible. my favorite part of this website is the recipes that people post. lots of good stuff is shared.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    welcome to the site!

out of curiousity have you discussed the PB with any other doctors? wondering what the general consensus was among doctors
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

teamommy is offline Member
    Where are you located? We would love to have paleo/primal family doc!

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Welcome doc. Glad to have you here.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm an RD, also following Primal for a while now and feeling great. Starting to tell others about it and get them off of the grains/sugars. Just can't spout the old "party line" anymore!

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Awesome. It's good to know that there are doctors out there who can think for themselves when it comes to nutrition and how much it impacts health. Welcome to the forum.

Nanzi is offline Senior Member
    Praise God there are more doctors coming around. Mine talked me out of Atkins years ago and I regained + what I had lost. Until I started PB I had forgotten how good I feel eating low carb. The damn USDA pyramid did me in!! And my dr this week told me just to cut out white flour, instead of what we're doing here. AAARRRGGGHHH!! He said lets see what the numbers say. Doesn't matter to me what the numbers are, I'm not quitting this time, even if I never lose another pound, as I feel so much better. Hubby is also eating this way and feels better, and we are both losing, tho at 67 & 70 years young, it's like everything else in our lives, NOT fast!!

Please spread the word to your colleagues. Wish you were in Dover DE instead of Exton Pa.

dr_mike is offline Junior Member
    thanks for all the welcomes. @Mike, I know several doctors who are open minded to these ideas. Unfortunately, most have a vested interest in the status quo. Big Pharma, the FDA, the AHA, etc. are powerful forces. It would be a lot tougher to sell statins if people empowered themselves and got healthy through nutrition. as the saying goes, follow the money. we are taught to try nutritional changes first when people are diagnosed with high cholesterol. Unfortunately, patients are doomed to failure because the standard recommendation includes a low fat, high grain based diet. Many patients try to do the right thing, they are just not aware of how to go about it. my hope is that as the dissemination of information becomes more and more decentralized, more and more people will become aware. I live in Exton but I practice in Kennett Square, which is not too far from Delaware.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    i know my doctor had recommended that i go on a low carb diet such as south beach diet (his actual recommendation)

i havent talked with him about the paleo diet but im pretty interested in what he thinks about it. i suspect he is open to the premise but may be hesistant to say go 100% as like you said its not status quo to stop eating grains and start eating lots of meat. my next scheduled checkup isnt til next march so hopefully by then ill have some impressive results to show him
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It would help if you gave us a city and state, because Exton and Kennett Square could be anywhere. Remember, this is an international board.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast