Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: family doctor, new to forum page 2

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    he mentioned delaware being close to kennet square, i would assume that would mean kennett square pennsylvania

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Glad to see that some doctors actually do care about our health here in America. When I first told my doctor about the primal switch 7 weeks ago, they thought I was freaking crazy. Last year when I weighed in at 280 pounds, I was told by the same doctor to eat more carbohydrates, lose the fat, and eat less protein... Dear God or higher being do I wish I could go back in time today.

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    It would help if you gave us a city and state, because Exton and Kennett Square could be anywhere. Remember, this is an international board.
    He said not too far from Delaware. Exton and Kennett Square, PA.

dr_mike is offline Junior Member
    sorry Griff,
    I'm from Exton, Pennsylvania, which is in Chester County, about 45 minutes south of Philadelphia, PA.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Howdy, dr_mike~
    Very happy to see you here!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Why can't you be in Atlanta?!

My PCP saw my health numbers incredibly, incredibly improved from my last visit three years ago, then saw my total cholesterol # and prescribed the lowfat, high whole grain, chronic cardio regimen that led me to the bad place I was in three years ago in the first place. :headdesk:
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    Indeed why can't there be more doctors going against the drug companies and against political corruption...

Last year I was told to have chronic cardio sessions lasting 3 to 4 hours a day everyday. I was told to eat more "healthy" whole grains. I was told to lower my protein and to stop eating fat. "HEAD TO DESK!" Now that I weigh in at 150/5 pounds, I am skinnyfat.. I need to bulk in order to get rid of this or that's what I have read in so many articles. I am going to say forget bulking and just live primal until October when I go into basic training.

dr_mike is offline Junior Member
    It is a very sad state in the medical profession, indeed. Very little nutrition is taught in medical school, and the little that is taught is misinformation. Even sadder is the fact that doctors obtain a lot of their continuing education through Pharma sponsored events. In my opinion, the major problem is the FDA. I just watched a documentary about Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski, who discovered a groundbreaking treatment for cancer with minimal side effects, and the FDA has done everything they could to make his treatment unavailable to the public. I highly recommend it.

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to the community, Doctor. It's so great to see a doctor convinced of the value of the PB. I hope we can learn from your knowledge, while you get more info about the PB.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great to see you here dr_mike. Wish you were in Ohio. We definitely need more like you here.
    Georgette

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast