Thread: Grass-Fed in Los Angeles page

Knarf is offline Junior Member

Grass-Fed in Los Angeles

Shop Now
    Hey Primal folks,

I'm looking for grass-fed beef/bison in the Los Angeles area (Westwood, Santa Monica), don't have a deep chested freezer, and was wondering if anyone had solid recommendations from farms that they ordered online? I've looked at eatwild.com, and there are many choices, but it's kind of difficult to find reviews? Any help is appreciated!

~Frank

teamommy is offline Member
    I am in Orange County so I would love to find local too. I am sure you probably know you can buy grass fed ground beef at Trader Joes which is pretty darn good. We order from US Wellness Meats from time to time and have always been happy. Right now at Whole Foods down here there is a special on I think, local grass fed ground beef. I could be wrong on the localness but it is grassfed.

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    I just moved here myself. I found ground venison at the COOP in Santa Monica. I'm going to hit up the farmers market this weekend
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Farmer's markets will have it. Sprouts has it on occasion. Whole Foods of course.

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    is there a santa monica/LA primal meetup group by chance?
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

oracle is offline Junior Member
    Lindy & Grundy on Fairfax carries grass-fed cuts.
    I order online through abundantharvestorganics.com - the meat is not available all the time, though. But, when it is - it's amazing.
    My other sources are: Sprouts Market and my local farmers market (Dey Dey's Best Beef Ever: Your home for 100% grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken and eggs - Best Beef Ever)

slb
    slb is offline Junior Member
    This is a couple of months old, but I'd like to chip in to say that Dey Dey's Best Beef is all pastured and grass-fed, and they sell pastured poultry, eggs and raw milk. You can find them at the Studio City farmer's market on Sunday morning. It's a little far from Santa Monica but worth it. Get there early because they sell out of eggs and milk FAST. They also sell soup bones and organ meats... all grass-fed.

Also a second for Lindy and Grundy. Amazing grass-fed meats and sausages. They also sell eggs now. Great people who sell fabulous stuff.

besmith1ca is offline Junior Member

Try Full of Life Farm

This farm has smaller sized offerings plus free delivery to homes in LA: Full of Life Farm