Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jasetyn's Primal Journal page 2

Jasetyn is offline Junior Member

Crap day today, I felt so sick all day long in every way possible. But, tomorrow is another day and hopefully I'll feel better. Eating was pretty poo

2 slices bacon, 1 egg

1 can of sardines

beef mince patties and salad, 1 T caesar

1 avocado

handful of peanuts, slice of cheese

handful of nuts

steak and salad

handful of nuts

2 cups herbal tea

1 slice cheese

All in all I ate no sugar, grains or sugar substitutes which for me is an amazing feat. Do better tomorrow!

Another crap day, in some ways. I definately have changed a lot of my logic since reading Gary Taubes' book. It always takes me a while to form a solid opinion on these things though, but I saw it play out in my decisions today. I am still eating quite emotionally, and ate a bit of dairy today. I work on the beach now and I can't wait to get into bikini shape! Feeling good. My plan is to go fully low carb along my FODMAP lines, loose the nuts just for 2 weeks and see how I feel and if some of this residual sugar obsession wears off.

1 can sardines, half 1 piece of bacon

piece of quiche, no crust

2 small mince patties, 2 slices thin bacon, salad, 1 T caesar

piece of quiche, no crust

2 handfuls of nuts

bit of white fish

chamomile tea

2 slices of cheese

Christmas eve tomorrow and I'm really missing my family. Maybe I should think of all of the things I don't miss like that 'Friends' episode.

Poor journal, you're lonely! I have not been 'primal' these past 4 days but I have been no sugar and no grains, high fat and protein, no carbs. I have been consuming some dairy products ( OK, lots!) and my skin and tummy are paying for it, but I'm working it out slowly. I get insane DOMS so I got some astazanathin today and will be implementing that tonight so I can work out more. I've been keeping busy with work and not focusing too much on my lack of energy and irritability. The biggest feat for me this week has been trying and liking several different types of meat! I now prefer steak and pork loin chops over beef mince or cheese or even bacon. I have no idea why I never enjoyed these things before! Food for today thus far:

2 slices nitrite free bacon, 2 free-range eggs

1 subway salad with chicken and bacon, ranch dressing

2 decaf coffees, one with 1 T. cream

2-3 almonds

1 small slice of ham

nibble of S/F cheesecake

a few bites of S/F strawberry cheesecake creation I made for hubby.

I added in a few tablespoons of flaxseeds every night and my tummy is going a little whacky, but it has been good for bowel movements.

You poor lonely journal! I'm such an internet spaz. I've been pretty awesome if I do say so myself though, with this whole eating gig. I have been eating some sugar free stuff but the amount of scaling down and IFing I'm doing is very good progress! Cutting back a little on my calories as I found eating a lot of fat was making my Crohn's act up, and I was quite tired and over-satiated all the time.

Well! It's been ages but I have great news. Aside from peanut butter, which I know is evil, I have consumed no starches, grains, sweeteners, flavorings, additives, sugar, canned products, nitrates, dairy products or packaged foods. ZILCH ZERO ZIP NADDA!!!! Plus I haven't 'nibbled' ONCE!!!!! AMAZING! Go Jase!

Still doing awesome! Just thought I'd check in. I'm beginning 2 24 hour fasts per week so we'll see how that goes. Exercising everyday and can't wait to get back into dancing starting on Monday.

I think I will actually begin posting everything I eat on here every day and when because looking back on this journal today made me realize that I seriously don't remember days very well! If I set myself a plan and stay on track I know in a month it will be like second nature, that's how I have managed to stick like glue to my current eating plan of no sugar, sweeteners, dairy products, colorings, nitrates, packaged foods, grains etc. It's been awesome, very proud!

So Today I will have to guesstimate somewhat my food intake, but not by much:

2 scoops egg white protein powder after Upper Body workout, 7:30 am

1 Can of sardines in pure olive oil, oil drained a bit, 10:00 am

1 lean pork tenderloin cooked in coconut oil and handful of salad veggies, no dressing, 12:30 pm

approximately 15 roasted unsalted almonds, 12:45 pm

1 lean pork tenderloin cooked in coconut oil, 3:30 pm

15 roasted unsalted almonds, 5:45 pm

4 hard boiled eggs, salad veggies, 1/2 cup cooked carrots, 1 T. rice bran oil, salt and pepper, 6:30 pm

I'm finding my tummy is extremely gassy and I don't feel very full during the day. I think the gassiness may be egg white protein powder or almonds, or a combo of both. I cooked my carrots today and really enjoyed them; I also didn't receive any cramping from the fibrous nature of them when cooking them. I think I may post this in the forum somewhere and ask people for tips, I feel a little lost as to how to remedy the not feeling full thing. Peace!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Todays Food intake!

2 cups of organic coffee, black, between 12:00-3:30

1 boiled organic carrot with salt and pepper, 6:00pm

1 can of tuna in olive oil,6:45pm

100g of peanut butter (organic), 7:30pm

1 can of tuna in olive oil, 7:45pm

12 roasted almonds, 8:00pm

1 apple, 9:00pm

Did the Bridle Path today, walked up at a good pace and ran down, intense! I was planning on fasting all day but I really felt like eating. Still finding it hard to get in a good ratio of fat, but I'll keep trying. First week of lectures is almost over, it's been great!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12