Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep waking at 4-5am page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Keep waking at 4-5am

Shop Now
    For the past consecutive 4 nights I have woken up at 4-5am 'naturally' after going to be at 10.30-11pm. This is really rather annoying as my normal time is 7.30am by alarm. Not sure why I am doing this, not particularly stressed over anything in life.

I also need to urinate as I can't go back to sleep on a near-full bladder. The obvious possible answer would be , do not drink before bed, but I have made sure and have cut down, yet I am still getting up at silly o clock.

I have been very good with primality, no 'cheats', is this my body being naturally woken or something, it has a weird way of showing it!

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    what time does the sun rise in your area of the world?

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I wake between 2-4 am when I go to bed around 11. I used to stress out about it, but then I read the post Mark did a while back. Now I go back to sleep within a few minutes and get up around 6-7: What is Biphasic Sleep? | Mark's Daily Apple

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I wake between 2-4 am when I go to bed around 11. I used to stress out about it, but then I read the post Mark did a while back. Now I go back to sleep within a few minutes and get up around 6-7: What is Biphasic Sleep? | Mark's Daily Apple
    +1

Interesting! Missed that post...

I have flux on my computer and me and my partner put the candle on when it's sleep time, either a relaxing chat, or just a drift off by candle light (with one of us being the flame-snubber of course!). It's worthy noting that I do have blinds over my window, I have a 6 foot wide window right above my bed, and the blinds do a pretty crappy job of keeping light out (it's a blessing and a curse really). Perhaps due to it being summer I am getting woken.

What's more is, like the post says, I've been tempted to just get up at the 4-5am time as I've been 'really awake'm then when I wake up a couple of hours later, I'm a groggy bugger.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    Same here. Always 4 am with a bedtime of 10:30. I try to push up my bedtime but I always try to shoot for 7 hours like is recommended. Maddening really. Alarm is set for 5:45.

Maybe try using a sleep mask. I wear a sleep mask and earplugs every night and they've improved my sleep quality a good bit. And maybe try going back to sleep. If you simply can't immediately go back to sleep, try reading in dim light (maybe in another room, so you associate the bed with sleep more strongly) or something else relaxing like that. Whatever you do, don't stress about waking up and not getting enough sleep, it will just keep you awake.

I grabbed a sleep mask in this mornings 'second sleep' and managed to get away. A couple of mornings have been disturbed by squarky birds, didn't think of ear plugs...although isn't that going into 'buy some orange sunglasses so you're not disturbed by blue light' weird territory

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    didn't think of ear plugs...although isn't that going into 'buy some orange sunglasses so you're not disturbed by blue light' weird territory
    Hahaha, maybe it is. I've gradually become less and less self-concious over the years. Hey, if I can wear VFFs in public, what other barriers exist?

pretty much, i'm in the same boat though, whatever makes me more comfortable.

You should see my Gym 'squat pants' tracksuit bottoms, they have a big tear down the ass,

ass to grass baby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast