Thread: High-carbs + High-fats page

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Say I eat 150 grams of fat, 150 grams of carbs, and 150 grams of protein. That's 2550 calories - a nice spot for maintenance - but is it good? Must one be either high-fat or high-carb, but never both together? I have been reading about it on the Warrior Diet forum about high-carb days and high-fat days, so I decided to come over here and ask.

I usually put lots of butter on my sweet potatoes (it's heaven) and olive oil on my quinoa or brown rice (always soaked, mind you). Is this bad? Is the insulin response I'm getting from these carbs going to cause all the fats and cholesterol to be stored? Or is it the opposite: the fats will slow down the insulin response therefore I won't get a spike high enough to cause any damage?

I have been doing this fats+carbs mix for the past 2 weeks. Because since this is the end of the semester and I'm buried with work, I slipped a little. However, my lifting has improved and although weight loss is slow, I have at least not gained any fat.

Basically, it's looking good on the outside, but I'm afraid I'm doing some damage on the inside.

Also, I'm doing one big ass meal a day, so that helped me stay on track a little, despite my being no longer really primal.

Anyways, it feels good to be back. still got 2 big essays to write though... argg

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

klcarbaugh Guest

People ate like this throughout history and were much healthier than the modern world is on low fat.

Northern European countries traditional meals are made up of both fatty and high carb foods. Most of the U.S. up until the 1900&#39;s ate fatty meats, cream, used lots of animal fats in cooking but ate potatoes, cornbread, and other carbs along with them.

I don&#39;t think it is ideal, but there is nothing wrong with it if you don&#39;t need to loose weight and eat good/paleo carbs.

klcarbaugh Guest

Raphael, are you in college? I just finished a 3 hour essay test this evening (philosophy, which makes it even worse!). It was hell.

Niklas Guest

I don&#39;t that&#39;s a problem, isocaloric diets (33/33/33) work good and don&#39;t seem detrimental at all.

I know they say the worst combination is high fat and high carb because apparently people get fat eating like that; but I think this is a reminded that carbs by itself or fat by itself are usually self-restricting in that you naturall eat less of them but add fat to carbs or carbs to fat and you could eat the stuff forever. But this applies to unhealthy junk food eating not to normal eating.

It&#39;s not true that carbs will cause your body to store all the fat. Fat storing occurs all the time even if you eat nothing but lard. What matters is the balance between storing and burning and this is relative to a larger time span like 24 hours or more. Even if you stored more fat you would automatically burn more because the more fat you store the more energy you must make up for by burning that very stored fat.

Thanks guys!

klcarbaugh, yes I&#39;m in college. I just wrote a 6 page paper on women in literature and THAT was hell.

I think my diet is very close to 33/33/33 and honestly, I feel much better than I did on very low carb.

I guess then that by high carbs + high fat would be something like 400 grams of carbs and 200 grams of fat... now that sounds dangerous!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

You can clean your basement windows by digging a hole and then using a ladder, or you can just kneel.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

And what are you trying to tell me?