Thread: The Grinch that Stole Christmas!. page

Acmebike is offline Member

Primal Fuel

Well, in keeping with my nutritional quandries surrounding Halloween (candy), Thanksgiving (baked goods, sweets, breads etc) and here comes the grand daddy of 'em all: CHRISTMAS! Cookies, cakes, pies, candy, potatoes, breads, fudge, snacks, chips, carby doom around every bend, in every office, every home or party we visit this time of year.

The nice thing going for me, is the past two holidays were non-issues, in retrospect. So Christmas will be a breeze. I'll provide good Primal/Paleo foods when I'm called upon to contribute, I'll plan ahead for attending the many functions to come. And I'll be at the ready to steer someone right (that is, to put down the pecan pie and sugar filled ice cream) should the conversation lead that way.

You Primal People keep it real this holiday season. Enjoy the friends and family and be mindful to take it all in. Well, don't take all that danged sugar in, but take in the social time.!

I'm working up some banger Primal desserts to bring to functions. And deviled eggs are a simple party pleaser.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I did deviled eggs for a party this weekend and they were a big hit!

Also, bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed jalapenos are a fave, and stuffed mushroom caps.

I will probably indulge in some sugary treats, as long as they are grain free. I am working on primal desserts too, with as little sweetener as possible.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I searched out some Primal "treats" to make this year, and I'm going to bake the week of Christmas. So far I've decided on chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies (for my dad- they're his fav), coconut macaroons (my fav), brownies, and eggnog.

Ohh, I just have to share the eggnog idea. I looked, and looked, and looked for a recipe that I wanted to use, and I couldn't find a recipe that I liked. I'd almost settled on paying $4.50 a quart for Organic Valley eggnog, until...

I was at my parents house last night and we got to talking. Dad's going to go to the Amish and get me a gallon of fresh, raw goat's milk, and a few dozen eggs to do my cooking with. I found a great eggnog recipe that uses goat's milk. I can't wait to try it out.

FairyRae2 Guest

Hey Diana, when you make the treats will you share the recipes? I'm still trying to perfect a cookie recipe for my son....

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Same FairyRae. I'm close but not quite there. More tests on monday!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

The "double baked" ones are very nice... I'm pretty sure they're from Elana's pantry, let me go look

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

http://www.elanaspantry.com/double-chocolate-mocha-biscotti/

Very nice; I subbed honey instead of agave.

Not very sweet though so depends on your (/their) tastes?

I know biscotti are crisp, but I slightly undercooked mine and they came out with a yummy brownie-like texture.

Coconut flour with cocoa worked well also, I just threw in amounts until it became a similar consistency to original recipe. However, leave the coffee OUT of the coconut one! Trust me, it doesn't go