Thread: Primal Ginger Snaps? page

greggor Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey all,

I'm looking for a way to make ginger snaps without all the carbs. . . There is artificial sweetners I know. . . but how do I get around the molasses flavor? Just skip the ginger snaps this year. . .?

FairyRae2 Guest

Here is a recipe from elana's pantry: http://www.elanaspantry.com/ginger-cookies/ And another for gingerbread cookies: http://www.elanaspantry.com/many-han...e-gingerbread/

She uses yacon syrup for the molasses flavor. I usually sub out honey for the sweetner in her recipes when I use them, but not sure what you would want to use...

greggor Guest

Can I use anything in place of grapeseed oil? Same thing with the yacon syrup?

FairyRae2 Guest

In place of grapeseed oil in her recipes I always use coconut oil--you could totally use butter too though. I haven't made either of these recipes, but the recipes I've used of hers are quite forgiving. (We don't do almond flour b/c my son has a sensitivity, so I use ground pumpkin and sunflower seeds in place of it...they usually still come out yummy!)

I'd probably just use honey in place of the yacon personally, although I know she's using it in place of molasses. Maybe black-strap molasses? It's more nutrient dense...Not sure what you're looking to avoid though...

Good luck!!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I thought the thread was about the movie, one of my all time favs

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

FairyRae2 Guest

@SS LOL! Werewolves do seem pretty primal!

greggor Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Thank you very much FairyRae2. I try not to consume seeds/seed products too often. I know that these will be more carbs than what I consume in a couple days, but it's the holidays.