Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cauliflower pizza vs Almond Meal Pizza page

TimboSlice Guest

Primal Fuel

I must say I've tried both and cauliflower pizza wins hands down. Almond meal is real heavy and is really dry and hard to work with ,but the cauliflower was easy and my wife loved it she asked for more which is not common with these types of recipes. I do however really like the almond meal pancakes.

maba is offline Senior Member

I've never tried AM pizza, but I really liked the cauliflower pizza I made once. Time to make it again.

FairyRae2 Guest

Another pizza idea I got from my low-carb cousin is to take a boneless chicken breast, cut it in half and pound it so it's thin, season w/ salt and pepper an any other spices you'd like then fry in a pan on both sides until cooked through, throw some (warm) pizza sauce, cheese and anything else on top (she fries up pepperoni and puts it on top) and eat. Cooking the chicken so it's really crispy makes it taste/feel more pizza like. She loves it and prefers this to regular pizza--just wanted to share!

soror is offline Senior Member

We preferred the cauliflower as well here, only downside is the dairy though.

Mama to 4, wife to my love

62shelby Guest

+1 on the meat based pizza,FairyRae. the cauliflower is nice, but its total cheese overload, I prefer the cheese ON the pizza not IN the crust...

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I'm partial to the almond meal pizza myself. It's very filling but satisfies my pizza craving better than the cauliflower crust does.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I tried making a cauliflower pizza today, ended up in disaster so I turned it into cauliflower rice...

So you know what... I'm just gonna get a real pizza sometime this week. :P

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

g2baker is offline Member

would you post the link to the recipe? thx

TimboSlice Guest

This is the recipe I used minus the fennel

http://www.examiner.com/x-355-Low-Carb-Examiner~y2008m6d4-Cauliflower-Pizza-Crust-Worth-its-Wow-in-Gold

I&#39;ve had trouble with getting a real crip crust and you have to watch for burning under the broiler ,but if you use a well greased non-stick baking sheet and remove the pizza carefully it will come out okay.

Anybody have better luck with the pizza binding? More eggs?

FairyRae2 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Just got this link from the PB newsletter today--looks good! I&#39;ve used sunflower seeds to make pizza crust in the past, and I think it came out well!

Sunflower seed pizza crust: http://oreganicthrifty.blogspot.com/...d-thrifty.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast