Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Evidence for One Meal a Day page

wiltondeportes Guest

Evidence for One Meal a Day

Primal Fuel
    The Skinny On The Meal Frequency Studies | Muscle & Strength

Apparently, fasting morning glucose was higher in the group of one meal/day, but here is the catch: if blood glucose and insulin response had been checked in the afternoon, the results could have been quite different. Evidently, subjects on one meal/day have a different daily metabolic cycle than people on three meals per day. If the researchers had checked blood glucose of subjects on three meals/day in the afternoon, they would most likely find elevated glucose and a slower insulin response – compared to the subjects on one meal/day – during the afternoon (after sufficient post meal fasting time), their blood glucose would most likely be lower with a faster insulin response.
    Other scientists worldwide have also been realizing that the human body is not programmed for frequent feeding. The facts speak for themselves – in spite of dieting more than ever, people today are getting fatter and sicker than ever. Obesity has reached an epidemic proportion of 30%, diabetes 12%, pre-diabetes 25%, blood sugar disorders, roughly 50%, Syndrome X 20%, male impotence about 15%, estrogen disorders are virtually 100%, and prostate disorders will eventually occur to virtually 100% of males. And all these maladies occur when the vast majority of people have been eating 3 – 4 meals per day. How much more do we need to suffer before realizing that something is very wrong with our diet routines and particularly with the frequency upon which we have been shoving food into our bodies?
    Previous studies on intermittent fasting in lab animals revealed the amazing benefits of lower meal frequency on increasing life span, improving blood glucose, enhancing neuro protective capacity and improving body composition. More studies need to be done on human feeding but with more care towards real life conditions – how, for instance, the reduction of meal frequency affects calorie intake and food choices – naturally (rather than artificially by force feeding the subjects).
    Don't call it 'intermittent fasting'. Call it 'eating one meal a day'.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I'm really thinking of attempting this again. I did it once and felt great while doing it, then got all paranoid that I was hurting myself and went back to eating 2-4 times a day. Maybe it's worth another go.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    This works well for me, except during my menstrual cycle--then I tend to "graze" within an 8 hour window.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    It works well for me. I think I feel best when I eat once a day. I often eat twice a day on training days, but I'm trying to add just a little bit more muscle. On weekends I usually just eat once. The second meal on lifting days is kinda forced as I'm not really hungry at that point. I like having at least several hours between my meals when I do eat more than 1 a day and meal #1 isn't early enough due to my work/gym schedule to allow enough time for me to really be ready for meal #2. Oh well, I can't complain too much!

croí is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I'm really thinking of attempting this again. I did it once and felt great while doing it, then got all paranoid that I was hurting myself and went back to eating 2-4 times a day. Maybe it's worth another go.
    Same here! I felt great, and dropped a lot weight while doing this. I stopped around the holidays, and ended up going back to my usual self. I've listened to Pkopp about his strategy to get back into eating one meal a day. Today is my first day where I haven't had anything to eat since last night (6ish), and I haven't felt hungery at all. At this point it's 3PM, and I'm going till dinner! Woot!

Way to go!

I was *supposed* to pull a 30-36 hour fast yesterday, but I just wasn't feeling it. Ate a crap ton of food (Primal) from 4pm-10pm and felt better. Haven't eaten since then. Gonna snag a quick protein shake at 5 before I leave work, then make a proper dinner when I get home from picking up eggs.

Captain Archer is offline Senior Member
    When you fast, I am not sure how that works.. Do you drink water or do you simply not eat and drink for say 17+ hours?

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Archer View Post
    When you fast, I am not sure how that works.. Do you drink water or do you simply not eat and drink for say 17+ hours?
    Drink water! It's a requirement for your body. You could still have a snack if you really needed it. I'm not advocating 'fasting' per say. I'm proposing that the most natural diet for your body is one meal per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Archer View Post
    When I fast, whether it's 14 or 36 hours, I always allow water, coffee & tea.

reedol is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How big should the meal be to Gain muscle? Should differ on training days?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast